Bama vs Steeda vs Lund - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Bama vs Steeda vs Lund

Hey, I'm looking for new tunes and since I only have a cai and off road exhaust I'm not going to have the car dynotuned. Let's hear any input, or stories about each company. I'm looking for a safe set of tunes. And preferably a ghost cam tune as well. I know bama fails to offer that ghost cam Idle anymore.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
Hey, I'm looking for new tunes and since I only have a cai and off road exhaust I'm not going to have the car dynotuned. Let's hear any input, or stories about each company. I'm looking for a safe set of tunes. And preferably a ghost cam tune as well. I know bama fails to offer that ghost cam Idle anymore.
If you want ghost cam tune , go with MPT! Since your looking for a safe set of tunes, Go with either Bama, Steeda, MPT, Lund, AED, or VMP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If you want ghost cam tune , go with MPT! Since your looking for a safe set of tunes, Go with either Bama, Steeda, MPT, Lund, AED, or VMP

Thanks but which one is best? I know that's a question that will bring a lot of opinion and bias. But honestly I just want a safe tune so I can go catless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have a AED and lund tunes. I have no complaints with either.
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Bama vs Steeda vs Lund

Quote:
Thanks but which one is best? I know that's a question that will bring a lot of opinion and bias. But honestly I just want a safe tune so I can go catless.
Stand by on the flight deck for those opinions. Ha ha ha. I'm a big fan of Bama, MPT and Steeda because I have all three. I had been running bama tunes for around 25k miles and not a single issue. I have been running my MPT tune for around 15k miles and not one issue.

You can't go wrong with Bama, Steeda, MPT, Lund, AED, VMP. There are guys on here that will tell you Bama is the worst and they hate them.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Quote:

Hey 94 - That's a good question and being in the position I'm in I'm obviously biased but I've been running their tunes long before I was employed here (Came here with a problem and left with a job) but for what it's worth I would recommended the Bama X4/SF4 Tuner (sooner than later if you're running a Cold Air Along with an O/R midpipe) Regarding the Ghost Cam tune it's being re-worked as we speak and should be out in the next couple months

Regarding which is best - Is difficult as there's a lot of intelligent individuals working for everyone. I think Bama stands out because their customer support and service along with ours can't be beat. We're always working around the clock to ensure that both our AM Customers and Bama Customers are beyond happy with their parts and service. You'll see me periodically on the boards over the weekend and our Facebook team is downright ridiculous. Bama makes safe, reliable, consistent tunes and as of recent they just came with out with some reworked tunes that are drastically improved in comparison to what they we're doing 9 months ago.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions about them and I'm here to help.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Bama is fantastic tunes and customer service is top notch.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Bama is fantastic tunes and customer service is top notch.
Hey Kona - Thanks for the kind words and feedback here! You know that I always bend over backwards for my customers as well as Bama's. We're always around to help out no matter what!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Kona - Thanks for the kind words and feedback here! You know that I always bend over backwards for my customers as well as Bama's. We're always around to help out no matter what!

Alex
Alex, the words bending over backwards is an understatement when it comes to you and customer service. You go wayyyyyy above and beyond.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Asking what brand is best is like asking guys which girl is the prettiest. Tastes are different!! And there are going to be all kind of opinions. Lets just say the big name brands listed here are like all Victoria Secrets Supermodels, so you're not going to get an ugly one!

The engines themselves can only be pushed so far safely. Some tuners are slightly more aggressive than others out of the box (canned tunes).

With that said, some tunes can be quite a bit more aggressive, once they've data logged your particular set up. But for a manual transmission car, the tunes are still going to be VERY similar in performance overall.

Now automatics are a completely different story. There are all kinds of variables that can be tweaked to "taste", shift firmness, driveability, etc.. So this is where there can be substantial differences between tunes. One might offer best 1/4 mile times due to really aggressive shift firmness, higher rpms, etc.. but that same tune may not play well in traffic. So this is really where personal tastes come in to play.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex, the words bending over backwards is an understatement when it comes to you and customer service. You go wayyyyyy above and beyond.
That's me smiling Kona! Thanks for the kind words. At the end of the day I'm a consumer as well and it's how I'd like to be treated.

Thanks again for the kind comments, I really appreciate it!

Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Asking what brand is best is like asking guys which girl is the prettiest. Tastes are different!! And there are going to be all kind of opinions. Lets just say the big name brands listed here are like all Victoria Secrets Supermodels, so you're not going to get an ugly one!

The engines themselves can only be pushed so far safely. Some tuners are slightly more aggressive than others out of the box (canned tunes).

With that said, some tunes can be quite a bit more aggressive, once they've data logged your particular set up. But for a manual transmission car, the tunes are still going to be VERY similar in performance overall.

Now automatics are a completely different story. There are all kinds of variables that can be tweaked to "taste", shift firmness, driveability, etc.. So this is where there can be substantial differences between tunes. One might offer best 1/4 mile times due to really aggressive shift firmness, higher rpms, etc.. but that same tune may not play well in traffic. So this is really where personal tastes come in to play.

Rizzle - Really well said sir! Thanks for having this posted up. You hit a really good point on the automatic tuning as well. I was born and raised on manual transmissions but at the end of the day I'll never be as fast as the automatic. (Or a dual clutch which I'm sure will find its way into the Mustang in a couple years, it's just inevitable) Back on topic - The Bama team has the ability to manipulate many variables to ensure that you're not clunking around from stop light to stop light - It's really downright amazing how much of a difference their tune can make stacked up against the factory tune.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a steeda tune right now, its been pretty solid. My only complaint is I get occasional rpm drops at idle.
I think I'm going to end up giving Bama a shot when I go catless in the next month or two.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have MPT performance engine and race transmission tune for daily driving. First gear is fast and you definitely don't want to have it floored during a 1-2 shift on the street, the rear end kicks out. It takes them a few days to write your tune but I've never had a problem with them. Camaro owners I race on the other hand hate their tunes in my car.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I have a steeda tune right now, its been pretty solid. My only complaint is I get occasional rpm drops at idle.
I think I'm going to end up giving Bama a shot when I go catless in the next month or two.
We would be happy to take a look at your datalogs & see what may be taking place.

Please send me your order number & info to tim@steeda.com.

We will get it straightened out!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey 94 - That's a good question and being in the position I'm in I'm obviously biased but I've been running their tunes long before I was employed here (Came here with a problem and left with a job) but for what it's worth I would recommended the Bama X4/SF4 Tuner (sooner than later if you're running a Cold Air Along with an O/R midpipe) Regarding the Ghost Cam tune it's being re-worked as we speak and should be out in the next couple months

Regarding which is best - Is difficult as there's a lot of intelligent individuals working for everyone. I think Bama stands out because their customer support and service along with ours can't be beat. We're always working around the clock to ensure that both our AM Customers and Bama Customers are beyond happy with their parts and service. You'll see me periodically on the boards over the weekend and our Facebook team is downright ridiculous. Bama makes safe, reliable, consistent tunes and as of recent they just came with out with some reworked tunes that are drastically improved in comparison to what they we're doing 9 months ago.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions about them and I'm here to help.

Alex
That's good to know. Thanks. But I'm definitely not buying a x4 tuner when I have a perfectly good x3. I'm just looking for the $150 tunes. I may give you guys a call soon. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You should search for my reviews. I have Lund and AED

Sent from my XT1045 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
This one???

Shaun with AED (I've now had both Lund and AED)
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I also hear as far as an automatic car that Roush is the best tune.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
I also hear as far as an automatic car that Mike Rousch is the best tune.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT