Tuner/ exhaust questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Tuner/ exhaust questions

Hello everyone, I have a 2011 gt auto with cat back shorty flowmastrers and a k&n air filter. That's it so far. I'm looking at getting a tuner. I have factory CAI and I'm wondering if a tuner with a after market CAI is a smart investment, what difference should I expect to get over factory CAI? Headers and exhaust work will be later, but I need some help. There are to many to choose from without some info on tuners and exhaust. I prefer buying quality even if I've have to wait a while. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated, the voice of experience is priceless!! Thanks, rr in sc
caliconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Save your money with the intake. The stock one plenty good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Psmith129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Mike Roush is the man to go to for automatics. I'm running his tunes and they are AMAZING! Had a Steeda tune before and the difference is night and day. Keep the stock CAI and save the money and put it towards off-road mid or suspension.
You can contact Mike at www.midatlanticperformance.net for info on tunes.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliconv View Post
Hello everyone, I have a 2011 gt auto with cat back shorty flowmastrers and a k&n air filter. That's it so far. I'm looking at getting a tuner. I have factory CAI and I'm wondering if a tuner with a after market CAI is a smart investment, what difference should I expect to get over factory CAI? Headers and exhaust work will be later, but I need some help. There are to many to choose from without some info on tuners and exhaust. I prefer buying quality even if I've have to wait a while. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated, the voice of experience is priceless!! Thanks, rr in sc
caliconv - Good question here and you'll see me say it here and anywhere else, if you're going to do one you might as well do the other! While it's been debated up and down that the "factory cold air intake" is more than sufficient if there's not a tube with a massive filter on the end of it pulling cooler air in I don't buy it! I would take a look at the Airaid Cold Air Intake & Bama X4 Tuner to really harness the Coyote and wake the car up. With auto Coyotes Bama will have the ability to really dial in your shift points and make the car that much more enjoyable to drive be it around town or hitting some back roads. Here's a few reviews below of what customers have had to say. In regards to the improvement over stock the Intake will flow that much more efficiently allowing the car to breathe better. Think of it being akin to a middle-aged smoker getting a new set of lungs.

There's a slew of Exhaust Setups Here be it an Axle-Back or Catback and it's really going to come down to the tone that you're after. Some will have different muffler configurations that could yield a high pitched sound and others will have a setup that will give you a real nice throwback Mustang sound. I personally like a chambered muffler as having had multiple straight through setups have left me with little to no hearing (Seriously) While it's fun to scare kids on the street you're going to need something larger than a big fence to keep your neighbors happy with you! Especially if you're going to be going out/coming home late - They'll know from a 1/4 mile away trust me!

When it comes down to the headers you need to think of how they're going to react with the exhaust as well - Long Tubes Headers paired with an Off-Road X pipe will give you a much higher metallic racecar sound. My best recommendation would be to take a listen to some of the sound clips we have on site here and even take a look on YouTube.

I hope some of this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
When it comes to tuning & CAIs ... look no further than Steeda! You will definitely notice a difference.

You can check out our combo here:

Steeda 2011-14 Manual Mustang Power Pack - Made in USA 555-3935 - Free Shipping!

Quote:
Combined with the required custom tune using the industry leading SCT X4 Flash Programming Device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!
SCT Tuning is the leader in the Ford tuning industry and Steeda's partner in developing this powerful package.
"SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand." - Chris Johnson, President of SCT Tuning
Our power increase it not just a peak number at one point in the band. The actual power increase is spread throughout the entire rpm range so your increased performance is available on demand in any gear at virtually any rpm!
- See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Manual Mustang Power Pack - Made in USA 555-3935 - Free Shipping!
You can also read about our CAI here:

Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ | Steeda Blog

Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

When it comes to tuning & CAIs ... look no further than Steeda! You will definitely notice a difference.

You can check out our combo here:

Steeda 2011-14 Manual Mustang Power Pack - Made in USA 555-3935 - Free Shipping!

Quote:
Combined with the required custom tune using the industry leading SCT X4 Flash Programming Device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!
SCT Tuning is the leader in the Ford tuning industry and Steeda's partner in developing this powerful package.
"SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand." - Chris Johnson, President of SCT Tuning
Our power increase it not just a peak number at one point in the band. The actual power increase is spread throughout the entire rpm range so your increased performance is available on demand in any gear at virtually any rpm!
- See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Manual Mustang Power Pack - Made in USA 555-3935 - Free Shipping!
You can also read about our CAI here:

Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ | Steeda Blog

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliconv View Post
go with an airaid is u want an intake
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust