My 14 seems slower than 11GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
My 14 seems slower than 11GT

I've been wondering if I'm just getting used to the Coyote motor or if my 2011 was actually faster.
Last year I had an 11GT manual base model and to my knowledge,just normal gearing, stock airbox and no tune (that I know of) it seems completely stock except Roush Axlebacks.
Looking back, every time I WOT and got on it, it scared the heck out of me and I would grin like crazy.
Now I have a 14 GT base manual, with normal gearing (nothing noted on the window sticker) no tune, stock airbox and a weird Pypes mid muffler setup with straight pipe axle backs.
This will change today at the dealer, having the huge mid pipe mufflers removed and replaced with the stock resonators and ROUSH Axlebacks.
The 14 seems noticeably slower. It feels like it takes longer to wind up (so to speak) and thinking back about my 11, it seemed like it had more of a turbo type punch more quickly...to the point that it made me yell "holy *****" when I floored it in 2nd.
My 14 seems like 3rd is more punchy and fun but still not omg fun.
You think maybe my 11 had a tune and I just didn't know? It had a factory airbox so I kinda figured if someone tuned it, they would have put a "CAI" on it too. Or is this normal getting used to a coyote, after some time it doesn't feel as omg as when you first drive one?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would think it has to do with that being first coyote maybe. I actually had a 2011 then a 2013 and it was a little similar situation. The 13-14 actually has a few more HP. I went from 2002 V6 to a 2011 GT and was like WTF!! When got the 2013 I wasn't as overwhelmed.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hoping that's it. What happened after your Bama 93 tune? Was it a holy crap this things scary feeling again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I would think it has to do with that being first coyote maybe. I actually had a 2011 then a 2013 and it was a little similar situation. The 13-14 actually has a few more HP. I went from 2002 V6 to a 2011 GT and was like WTF!! When got the 2013 I wasn't as overwhelmed.
They have basically the same engine, same weight, same suspension, etc.. so I don't really see how it could be noticeably different if they were both stock. My guess is your 2011 wasn't stock, that it had a tune & you didn't know. (assuming you bought it used)

It is possible that you had lower gears in your 2011 and didn't notice it.

Either from the factory (did you ever do a VIN check to see installed options?) OR and if previously owned the last owner could have installed some 3.73's. or higher!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I'm hoping that's it. What happened after your Bama 93 tune? Was it a holy crap this things scary feeling again?
Yes! I have been modding the hell out of this one so it keeps giving me that lol. I definitely think the first performance should be the Tune. That and exhaust are probably my favorite all around. Everything I have done so far been pretty happy with luckily
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
They have basically the same engine, same weight, same suspension, etc.. so I don't really see how it could be noticeably different if they were both stock. My guess is your 2011 wasn't stock, that it had a tune & you didn't know. (assuming you bought it used)

It is possible that you had lower gears in your 2011 and didn't notice it.

Either from the factory (did you ever do a VIN check to see installed options?) OR and if previously owned the last owner could have installed some 3.73's. or higher!
I might have written that a little confusing. I didnt notice a difference between the 11 and 13. I think the reason for OMG with 11 was I was tripling HP from previous car. 11 to 13 was basically a lateral move
Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think my 11 is a turd. Even with a tune
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

NaplesStang, did you ever have any cels or issues whatsoever after the Bama tune? No big deal in Fla as long as it's not hurting the car but since moving to NH, if my car throws a cel, its a nightmare at annual inspection time.
Funny thing.."live free or die" is the state motto, you don't even have to wear a seatbelt, can openly carry a pistol, marry your cousin, ....but lord help you if your car has a CEL.
Car dealerships and mechanics have super lobbyists keeping the state inspection alive and well.$$
Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The 11 I got used and if I recall, nothing stood out from the vin lookup about 3.73s. I guess it's possible the po put them in OR had a tune without doing anything to the intake, so it looked stock. Of course, I went from a Saab 9-3 2.0T so that may have had somthing to do with it and now I'm just getting used to it? I'm at Ford now getting the aftermarket mid mufflers removed from the 14 and the resonators back in....should be sweet ride home with the Roush Axlebacks.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My 11 gives me that grin on 2nd like wtf omg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Kstangs2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
NaplesStang, did you ever have any cels or issues whatsoever after the Bama tune? No big deal in Fla as long as it's not hurting the car but since moving to NH, if my car throws a cel, its a nightmare at annual inspection time.
Funny thing.."live free or die" is the state motto, you don't even have to wear a seatbelt, can openly carry a pistol, marry your cousin, ....but lord help you if your car has a CEL.
Car dealerships and mechanics have super lobbyists keeping the state inspection alive and well.$$
Only one I have ever had was when I had a vacum leak installing the Boss IM. Wasnt there fault it was the hose but they actually helped me figure out where it was. Very helpful guys. If you are getting one call them. They are awesome at BAMA. Also, you can clear those codes with your tuner. Either way though call or email them with the code and tune and they will definitely help you out
Old 04-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Lost my 2012 GT Premium and replaced it with a 2014 GT Premium w/track pack. The 2012 definitely seems quicker and the 2014 definitely feels heavier. There was just something about the 2012 that made it feel better (to me).
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT