Roush AB previous posts error - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Roush AB previous posts error

I've previously posted comments regarding a 2011 GT that I used to own (used) which had Roush axle backs.
I was evidently making assumptions about the setup I had and commented that Roush axle backs drone pretty bad and sound like nascar. This in my opinion now is incorrect.
I had assumed my 11GT had the Roush AB and still had factory resonators.

I now have a 14 GT with Roush AB and it has factory resonators in place. It does not drone whatsoever, sounds pretty sweet and is a nice setup.(maybe even not loud enough)

On my 11GT, I most likely had Roush AB with resonator delete or some type of x pipe etc. (Maybe even cat delete, idk, they did pass it on state inspection though) The 11 was loud on cold startup and revs. Also, if you got on it, it did sound like a nascar and was clearly loud even a mile away! Very loud! But also an incredible and mean sounding GT. If you babied it, it was milder but I mean you really had to go easy.
so there you have it, I was incorrect for sure and posted comments based on me not knowing what I was talking about And not knowing for certain how my 11 was set up.
now, does anyone have suggestions for making it loud like that again BUT being able to easily go back to having resonators for inspection time? Something I can switch myself in the garage without a welder?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I've previously posted comments regarding a 2011 GT that I used to own (used) which had Roush axle backs.
I was evidently making assumptions about the setup I had and commented that Roush axle backs drone pretty bad and sound like nascar. This in my opinion now is incorrect.
I had assumed my 11GT had the Roush AB and still had factory resonators.

I now have a 14 GT with Roush AB and it has factory resonators in place. It does not drone whatsoever, sounds pretty sweet and is a nice setup.(maybe even not loud enough)

On my 11GT, I most likely had Roush AB with resonator delete or some type of x pipe etc. (Maybe even cat delete, idk, they did pass it on state inspection though) The 11 was loud on cold startup and revs. Also, if you got on it, it did sound like a nascar and was clearly loud even a mile away! Very loud! But also an incredible and mean sounding GT. If you babied it, it was milder but I mean you really had to go easy.
so there you have it, I was incorrect for sure and posted comments based on me not knowing what I was talking about And not knowing for certain how my 11 was set up.
now, does anyone have suggestions for making it loud like that again BUT being able to easily go back to having resonators for inspection time? Something I can switch myself in the garage without a welder?
Resonators shouldn't matter at all during inspection.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Resonators shouldn't matter at all during inspection.

I second this. They probably have no clue they would even be there. But if your concern is that they wouldn't pass it because it was loud then I get that. But you could always throw stock mufflers on before an inspection. It's an easy swap.

If you really have your heart set on being able to swap the resonators in and out you could always have an exhaust shop weld in some connectors and make you a straight through pipe section the same length as the resonator so you can bolt it in and out. But then you get the headache of getting exhaust leaks ect. Seems like more trouble then it's worth.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I second this. They probably have no clue they would even be there. But if your concern is that they wouldn't pass it because it was loud then I get that. But you could always throw stock mufflers on before an inspection. It's an easy swap.

If you really have your heart set on being able to swap the resonators in and out you could always have an exhaust shop weld in some connectors and make you a straight through pipe section the same length as the resonator so you can bolt it in and out. But then you get the headache of getting exhaust leaks ect. Seems like more trouble then it's worth.
Get OTA pipes. Borla and Lethal Performance make some. No resonators.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I think they sound great with longtubes and retaining the resonators.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT