Ford Racing Adjustable Handling Pack - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Racing Adjustable Handling Pack

How's everybody's experience with this kit: Ford Racing Adjustable Handling pack? Currently have a 2013 Mustang GT Brembo with BMR LCA, Relo Brackets, UCA, Panhard bar and looking for a little bit more. Would prefer not to go coilovers. Just looking for reviews on this kit. Thanks for any help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427906388.393642.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	178833

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DylanWhisnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm happy enough with it but think the Eibach kit using adjustable Konis would have been a better choice. The adj Tokicos in the kit aren't great on the street - they hit hard on potholes and I've heard the Koni's have better absorption valving. The Ford kit does perform well on the track though. It corners flat and pulls over a G in the corners. In addition, I have the GT500 LCA's, Steeda adj camber strut mounts, Steeda adj. UCA.
I found the package slightly cheaper as I recall - shipping comes in big crates - I had to go to a delivery station to pick it up with my truck.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz View Post
I'm happy enough with it but think the Eibach kit using adjustable Konis would have been a better choice. The adj Tokicos in the kit aren't great on the street - they hit hard on potholes and I've heard the Koni's have better absorption valving. The Ford kit does perform well on the track though. It corners flat and pulls over a G in the corners. In addition, I have the GT500 LCA's, Steeda adj camber strut mounts, Steeda adj. UCA.
I found the package slightly cheaper as I recall - shipping comes in big crates - I had to go to a delivery station to pick it up with my truck.

How are the adjustments made? Does any part need to be taken off to make the adjustment or can it all be done while its sitting on the ground? Also what setting do you put it on for street driving and what setting for Auto X/ road courses? Thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They have little caps on top which you take off. Inside is an Allen head slot - they provide an Allen driver in the kit with plus minus marked on it. There is no crawling under the car required. The rears come up in the trunk. You simply pull aside the carpet/liner to access it by the wheelwells.
There are no indicators on the setting so I always screw it all the way in (Cw) then count the turns CCW. For the track I go 5 full turns all the way around. For the street I go to 7 turns.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I'll agree with tezz. I also didn't like the drop. I do like subtle as opposed to slammed, but I would have liked 1.5". I didn't like the popping that was never solved by the dealership after 5 trips there and replacing multiple items like lca's, end links, etc. These cars suck for that I believe. It sure handled great to me. There is an off ramp here in town that I like to take as fast as possible and I could take it as fast as I could with my 2012 sti with sway bars; transitions weren't as good as the sti however.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They have little caps on top which you take off. Inside is an Allen head slot - they provide an Allen driver in the kit with plus minus marked on it. There is no crawling under the car required. The rears come up in the trunk. You simply pull aside the carpet/liner to access it by the wheelwells.
There are no indicators on the setting so I always screw it all the way in (Cw) then count the turns CCW. For the track I go 5 full turns all the way around. For the street I go to 7 turns.

Hey I have 1 more question. This is going to be used mostly for autocross and daily. How well is the body under control. That's 1 thing I couldn't stand. When I push the brake it nose dives, when I accelerate it pitches up, when I turn the body rolls. Does this kit on full stiff mostly eliminate that? Also it seems my rear end slides easy. Does this kit also help that? Thanks

2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

It improves all of that but with it still being soft enough for average people it isn't as stiff as coilovers.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it controls the nose dive.
Rear end can still get unsettled if you encounter bumps mid corner - about the only way around that is with an IRS. Watts link is said to help, which would replace your panhard bar - but you are looking at another $650-1200, depending on which one you get. That's probably my next suspension investment.
Sliding - well, that's pretty much your right foot. Getting on the the gas smoothly as you exit the corner will minimize the back end coming around. Too early/abruptly leads to adventures in drifting. What wheels/tires are you running?
As a daily driver, it's firm but not bad - I've had worse. Potholes need to be avoided if possible - they will beat the hell out of your wheel. As I said, the Tokicos are better on the track than the street.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it controls the nose dive.
Rear end can still get unsettled if you encounter bumps mid corner - about the only way around that is with an IRS. Watts link is said to help, which would replace your panhard bar - but you are looking at another $650-1200, depending on which one you get. That's probably my next suspension investment.
Sliding - well, that's pretty much your right foot. Getting on the the gas smoothly as you exit the corner will minimize the back end coming around. Too early/abruptly leads to adventures in drifting. What wheels/tires are you running?
As a daily driver, it's firm but not bad - I've had worse. Potholes need to be avoided if possible - they will beat the hell out of your wheel. As I said, the Tokicos are better on the track than the street.

That's good, I really needed that body pitch gone. Slaloms killed me, I currently have Brembo wheels with 275 Michelin Pilot Super sports on all 4 corners. I plan on getting wider wheels and tires after suspension is set up fully

2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
Old 04-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

275's are good. I wouldn't worry about going wider unless you add a blower or turbo. Once you get your suspension dialed in, you'll be practicing a long time before you catch up to the car's capabilities.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I plan to eventually put on the 525 HP Ford Racing supercharger and I want more off the line traction for the street so I think 305 would be a good rear size and may go 285 front

Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've got nearly the same setup as you (OP) and had the FRPP FR3 adjustable handling kit installed over 2 years back. It's my DD with my adjusters set to middle of range. Almost no nose dive because the rear stiffness helps that, too. Power shifting thru the MGW STS and the car looks like an automatic from the outside. Level, level, level... around turns... you name it. With custom paint and loving the new look, haven't tracked it yet, but I highly recommend the kit. I recently removed the battery and put an optima in the spare tire well. SCT tune for 93 octane. Stainless brake hoses. And the Ford SYNC update!!! so I can quit saying "bluetooth audio" but that's another thread. Do it and don't look back!
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I installed the FR3a adjustable package about 18 months ago. I added the FR lower control arms and relocation brackets also.
Being adjustable I can make it soft or firm, or anything in between. I started off firm and softened it up later. Firm was to much on some of the roads around here.

It's takes corners great. No nose dive no body roll. That drove me nuts. Personally I think it's one of the better sets. It all works together as a matched set.

35% Tint, MGW Shifter, JHR Hectic Motorsports High Flow Clutch Line, Borla S-Type Cat-back, Airaid Race CAI, Bama 93H Tune, Roush Chin Splitter, GT500 Style Spoiler, GT500 Pedal Assy, Ford Racing M-FR3A-MGTAA, High Performance Key Fob Battery.
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Is there a site where you can purchase the kit but with the lower springs (more than 1")?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
I installed the FR3a adjustable package about 18 months ago. I added the FR lower control arms and relocation brackets also.
RacerX - did you do the relocation brackets at the same time as everything else? Curious as to how much they altered the setup.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I did the relocation brackets maybe a week later. It put the lca angles back to near normal. It's an unbelievable car to drive now. It corners on rails.

35% Tint, MGW Shifter, JHR Hectic Motorsports High Flow Clutch Line, Borla S-Type Cat-back, Airaid Race CAI, Bama 93H Tune, Roush Chin Splitter, GT500 Style Spoiler, GT500 Pedal Assy, Ford Racing M-FR3A-MGTAA, High Performance Key Fob Battery.
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
I did the relocation brackets maybe a week later. It put the lca angles back to near normal. It's an unbelievable car to drive now. It corners on rails.

Yeah I've already done LCA and Relo with UCA and Panhard bar. It's amazing how much it helps put the power down

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT