IDS V86 calibration files not available - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Region: Canada
IDS V86 calibration files not available

So I bought a VCMII which came along with 3 discs. I used the V86 version one, with its patch, then connect the VCM to the car and tried to download as built code to make my shaker 500 head unit working with the aux in. My car is a Boss 2012. It came out of the factory with the basic radio which is way too low standard to me as a matter of sound quality. I swap the OEM unit for a shaker 500 one, swap the speakers for Pioneer ones. Everything works ok besides the AUX IN does not work any more. Reviewing threads about basic radio upgrade along with the popular one for the cluster swap, I understood that as built codes likely need to be changed to have the aux in working again with the shaker 500 unit.

Since I am looking for the cluster swap & sync upgrade , I decided to buy a VCM !! to complete these upgrades down the road.

Also bought a used laptop with windows 7 clean installed on it, along with acrobat reader and basic microsoft office.

I saw on the web, guys using the calibration files from the V81 version, but when I tried with the V81 disc I had with my VCM, I get a message "component transfer error" anf it stopped the installation of the calibration files.

Anyone would know what is going on with this and what would be the fix ?

Fastkurve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT