Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #386
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Yeah I think it's damn near perfect. And that was the recommendation from a trusted friend who works at a tire/wheel shop. Hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Although my stock set up is 255 40 all around. So maybe I will keep 255 40's up front and do 275 40 in the rear

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #387
doyouevenforum

That tire wheels combo should look good. I'm gonna eventually get the cf5 in piano black for my black 14 gt. I think it would look pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #388
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post
That tire wheels combo should look good. I'm gonna eventually get the cf5 in piano black for my black 14 gt. I think it would look pretty good.

What color is your car?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #389
doyouevenforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
What color is your car?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Black. But first I need to lower this thing lol.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435097638484.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	185618  
Old 06-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #390
Registered Member

Regular

That wheel gap does need to go but I dig those GT500 wheels! Why change em?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #391
Registered Member
Regular

Am I the only one these days that doesn't like black wheels? I say keep whatcha got lol
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #392
doyouevenforum

Yeah that's what everyone else is telling me. I do agree the murdered out look is played out and you don't have any contrast. I may use the money for suspension anyway. Sorry oxford5pointoh, back to you haha.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #393
Registered Member

Regular

I'm with ya. They can look great on some cars with the right color. But I think black car with black wheels, can get lost. I kinda dig whatcha got as well. But if your going for the murdered look I get it.

I was torn between bronze or gunmetal but I think I made the right choice for my car.

I think the other things it's black wheels is that you always look like you have dirty tires. Plus black is so hard to keep clean as it is. Add brake dust to that mix? Nah I'm good. Lol.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #394
doyouevenforum

Quote:
I'm with ya. They can look great on some cars with the right color. But I think black car with black wheels, can get lost. I kinda dig whatcha got as well. But if your going for the murdered look I get it.

I was torn between bronze or gunmetal but I think I made the right choice for my car.

I think the other things it's black wheels is that you always look like you have dirty tires. Plus black is so hard to keep clean as it is. Add brake dust to that mix? Nah I'm good. Lol.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Yeah you def made the right choice on wheels. And keeping a black car clean is a full time job. I'd imagine black wheels on top of that would be a nightmare. Man.. I should've thought about this more. Lol appreciate the pointers

Old 06-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular

Ox, i just saw that you got new wheels...or wheel..lol. NIce choice.

There are maybe 3-4 other 5.0's in my town, all have black wheels/plastidipped stockers and I don't get it. I have seen some black wheels with a chrome, gunmetal or brushed aluminum lip or orther accents that look good, but I just don't like all black. Looks terrible to me. I don't mean to anger anyone, just personal taste.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #396
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Ox, i just saw that you got new wheels...or wheel..lol. NIce choice.

There are maybe 3-4 other 5.0's in my town, all have black wheels/plastidipped stockers and I don't get it. I have seen some black wheels with a chrome, gunmetal or brushed aluminum lip or orther accents that look good, but I just don't like all black. Looks terrible to me. I don't mean to anger anyone, just personal taste.

Hahahaha. Yeah wheel. It's a start. Thanks man. I can't stop thinking about having a full set now. So I imagine I will start selling drugs so I can get them faster.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post
Yeah you def made the right choice on wheels. And keeping a black car clean is a full time job. I'd imagine black wheels on top of that would be a nightmare. Man.. I should've thought about this more. Lol appreciate the pointers

Hey don't let us rain on your parade 😆 either way you have a beautiful car man.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #397
Registered Member
Regular

lol I understand man, if I wouldn't have scored such a deal on my wheels I'd still be rollin the ugly stock base wheels.

And I agree, d-y-e-f, if you like black go with black. A lot of people like it.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:57 PM   #398
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Yeah I'm with ya. I am going to get some good all season or winter tires for the brembos. I will run those in the winter time.

For me the decision is more the size. AM recommends 275 40 on the rear and 245 45 for the front. But that seems weird to run 45's front and 40's rear.
Go with the 9" wheels up front & since you already have one 10" wheel, that's obviously what you'll go with for the rear. 10" is good enough for natural aspiration.

AmericanMuscle recommends:
255/40
285/35

the 2nd # represents a % of the first #, so 35% of the wider rear ends up being about the same height as 40% of the skinnier tire.

If you took a 205/40 and a 325/40 the height would way different. (not the same)

Personally, after having the above recommended tire sizes and still spinning the tires (on the street) very easily I'd say go a little wider since your wheels should support it. So for the rear I'd go with 295/35 (or maybe 305/35 if it will fit.... might rub on the inside)
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #399
Registered Member
Regular

I'm gonna chime on this. Don't pay any attention to the -5 on the rear.

BUT as for the width, I went 295's on the rear on my last car, and it was all over the road. I can't say with 100% certainty it was because of the tires, but I believe with it was. I went 275 on this car and it drives perfect. Just make sure you really think it out on your dd, consider the roads you travel on a daily basis. If they have ruts, don't go too wide.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #400
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Go with the 9" wheels up front & since you already have one 10" wheel, that's obviously what you'll go with for the rear. 10" is good enough for natural aspiration.

AmericanMuscle recommends:
255/40
285/35

the 2nd # represents a % of the first #, so 35% of the wider rear ends up being about the same height as 40% of the skinnier tire.

If you took a 205/40 and a 325/40 the height would way different. (not the same)

Personally, after having the above recommended tire sizes and still spinning the tires very easily I'd say go a little wider since your wheels should support it. So for the rear I'd go with 295/35 (or maybe 305/35 if it will fit.... might rub on the inside)

Ahh I was not aware of how the second number was calculated. That makes sense. I believe a 305 would fit as it's the recommended size for the 11" wheels. But I also know a 305 will fit just fine on a 10" wheel (I saw a guy who has that set up on the same rims on Instagram)

Thanks for the feedback for sure. It was helpful

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #401
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I'm gonna chime on this. Don't pay any attention to the -5 on the rear.

BUT as for the width, I went 295's on the rear on my last car, and it was all over the road. I can't say with 100% certainty it was because of the tires, but I believe with it was. I went 275 on this car and it drives perfect. Just make sure you really think it out on your dd, consider the roads you travel on a daily basis. If they have ruts, don't go too wide.

Gotcha on the -5 number now that make sense.

As for the width in the rear, I drive a ton of freeway, and they are not bad roads. The mountain roads I frequently hit are in good shape as well. So I don't think that will be too much of an issue.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Black wheels are definitely boring to me. You can't even make out what they are 90% of the time. And with a white car, the whole "panda theme" has been done, and done again. And with tires on wheels, wider is not always better. Proper fitment and contact patch should be above all else.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #403
Registered Member
Regular

With basically just the procal tune (lots of low end torque) as far as engine performance increases and 285 wide Mickey Thompson Street Comps, I can still break loose the rear tires very easily.

Now is the car dangerous or loose, like it pretty much was on the stock wheels? No.

But I just wish I had that extra 1/2 inch of the 295's on each side.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #404
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
With basically just the procal tune (lots of low end torque) as far as engine performance increases and 285 wide Mickey Thompson Street Comps, I can still break loose the rear tires very easily.

Now is the car dangerous or loose, like it pretty much was on the stock wheels? No.

But I just wish I had that extra 1/2 inch of the 295's on each side.

With all due respect, consider the tires you're running. Albeit they're a decent street tire, my grandmother could break them loose with 350rwhp and TC off. You could run a 275 pro comp and hook like a bandit. Width isn't going to necessary make you hook/grip better.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #405
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With all due respect, consider the tires you're running. Albeit they're a decent street tire, my grandmother could break them loose with 350rwhp and TC off. You could run a 275 pro comp and hook like a bandit. Width isn't going to necessary make you hook/grip better. It's all in the compound.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #406
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
They would look sweet on your car man. Can't wait to see how your gas cap looks.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Fuel Door shipped today, will post photo as soon as I get it installed! Was not expecting it to be ready so fast!
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #407
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
Fuel Door shipped today, will post photo as soon as I get it installed! Was not expecting it to be ready so fast!

Awesome man!! FedEx to Cali from fl, prob be Monday before you get it sadly

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #408
Registered Member
Regular

Shipping said three days so maybe Saturday, Lynn is tempting me with a set of Grabber Blue Louvers in the box and ready to be shipped today lol!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With all due respect, consider the tires you're running. Albeit they're a decent street tire, my grandmother could break them loose with 350rwhp and TC off. You could run a 275 pro comp and hook like a bandit. Width isn't going to necessary make you hook/grip better.
They'll hook up on clean surface with some heat.

My true test for them will be coming up soon, when I run them on a road course. I've got all the parts in for my brake upgrades, now I just need to install all the parts.

In hindsight I kind of wish I had gotten some Nittos. But the wheels were already breaking the bank, so I went a little cheaper on the tires.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #410
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Shipping said three days so maybe Saturday, Lynn is tempting me with a set of Grabber Blue Louvers in the box and ready to be shipped today lol!

Do it!!!!

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #411
Registered Member
Regular

$426.71 may be sleeping on the couch for this one lol!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #412
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
$426.71 may be sleeping on the couch for this one lol!

Worth it! Bahahahaha

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I can say it is for the 4th of July , got the last one approved for Father's Day!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #414
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Maybe I can say it is for the 4th of July , got the last one approved for Father's Day!

Tell her they were running a special. No wait time. Hahahaha. That's a huge perk.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

Yep by the time I get the ok they will be out of stock!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #416
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tell her they were running a special. No wait time. Hahahaha. That's a huge perk.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Everytime I order something it was on clearance/special. God I hope she doesn't check my history and read this. hahahaha
Old 06-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #417
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Everytime I order something it was on clearance/special. God I hope she doesn't check my history and read this. hahahaha

I'm with ya on that one man. I pretty much get everything from eBay or on special. I always look for a deal. The flush mounts are one of those things tho. That's a tough one to get a deal in really.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #418
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm with ya on that one man. I pretty much get everything from eBay or on special. I always look for a deal. The flush mounts are one of those things tho. That's a tough one to get a deal in really.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Well, I was joking a bit when I said that lol, as far as my gf knows most everything I purchase for this car is on sale lol.

But also in all honestly I've gotten great deals on everything except the exhaust and the leather seat covers. I did finish the covers by the way, I know I never updated my old thread, but theyre done and look excellent.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #419
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well, I was joking a bit when I said that lol, as far as my gf knows most everything I purchase for this car is on sale lol.

But also in all honestly I've gotten great deals on everything except the exhaust and the leather seat covers. I did finish the covers by the way, I know I never updated my old thread, but theyre done and look excellent.

Oh sweet man! Glad you found the time to do it. Hopefully you got that damn dealer sticker off too. Hahaha.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #420
Registered Member
Regular

haha I removed the big one. There's still a small one one on the trunk. I also bought those damn bumper plugs for the the front plate holes. lol

Car should be relieved from dd duty soon, so mods/improvements will pick back up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT