Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2015, 06:58 AM   #456
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
It's YOUR car and YOUR money that paid for it, and a darn nice one at that. Heck yes I've done the same with my truck as far as the pictures and knowing mileage, how much gas it has, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #457
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrand View Post
It's YOUR car and YOUR money that paid for it, and a darn nice one at that. Heck yes I've done the same with my truck as far as the pictures and knowing mileage, how much gas it has, etc.

Thanks man. Yeah I shot the ๐Ÿ’ฉ with the guy actually doing the work. Seemed like a good guy. Tried to impress upon him the cars importance to me and he gets it (I say this now). But I asked him stuff a body guy would want to know and at least he knows I know my stuff. I will let you guys know how it turns out

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #458
Registered Member
Regular

Will that gauge cluster work with the 2011-2012 models?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #459
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmadill View Post
Will that gauge cluster work with the 2011-2012 models?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu

I believe you can get it to work by it's not a walk in the park from what I remember. There is a thread that talks about that swap. I honestly couldn't tell you.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #460
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
How far is Staunton from Chesapeake?

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #461
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
How far is Staunton from Chesapeake?

It's not close. 2.5 hours prob. But I'm sure you had to come down 95 to Richmond before hitting the 64 east. I could have met ya in Richmond. It's all good though. I'm just messing with you anyway. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #462
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
It's not close. 2.5 hours prob. But I'm sure you had to come down 95 to Richmond before hitting the 64 east. I could have met ya in Richmond. It's all good though. I'm just messing with you anyway. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Lol hey I would've met you in the middle! My bro had crap planned every day lol. Totally slipped my mind you resided in VA. Could be due to heavy alcohol consumption!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #463
Registered Member

Regular

Hey next time!

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #464
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Dude, you really should personalize your car with a few mods... Kidding brother. Looks great. So good in fact it should be Mustang of the month!. I know I voted for you.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Side Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Boomba Racing BOV Adapter; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple everywhere!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #465
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Dude, you really should personalize your car with a few mods... Kidding brother. Looks great. So good in fact it should be Mustang of the month!. I know I voted for you.

Thanks man! I will buy ya a beer at AM ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #466
Registered Member

Regular

Oxford5pointoh build thread

Picked up the car today after the hood was repainted. They actually did what looks like a good job upon my initial inspection.

So while inspecting it I notice how my engine bay is covered in white dust. I was mildly irritated by it but figured no biggie I can wipe it down. So I grab a rag and some cleaner (yeah keep that in my trunk) and I proceed to wipe it down right there in the parking lot of the dealership. I get to the air box and this is what I find

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437575648.503988.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	187734

So I scrub a little harder, no difference. Will not come off with conventional cleaner. I almost left, but part of me knew this was going to bother me. So I go back inside and ask the guy if he can just come out and take a look.

I show him this and say hey can we get this off? I know it seems silly but I know this is going to bug me and it wasn't like that before.

His immediate response is "must have been that way before, we take the hood off when we paint it"

Yeah dude I know.

I say hey listen I know that, I'm not saying I know what it is. I know it absolutely wasn't there before and all I'm asking is that you guys try to get it off, and I I don't appreciate being called a lier.

This is his response I kid you not.

"You can get the f#*k off the lot"

I was in shock. Said alright, I will just call ford customer care right now. Already had his business card so I knew his name and title. "Body shop manager"!

Ford care was shocked. They said they will be investigating the dealership and putting a stop on the warranty payment.

I still can't believe this guy went crazy on me. All I said was please get it off (knowing if they can't we can escalate it). Never did I curse at this clown.

Silver lining, hood is done and looks good.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #467
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Picked up the car today after the hood was repainted. They actually did what looks like a good job upon my initial inspection.

So while inspecting it I notice how my engine bay is covered in white dust. I was mildly irritated by it but figured no biggie I can wipe it down. So I grab a rag and some cleaner (yeah keep that in my trunk) and I proceed to wipe it down right there in the parking lot of the dealership. I get to the air box and this is what I find

Attachment 187734

So I scrub a little harder, no difference. Will not come off with conventional cleaner. I almost left, but part of me knew this was going to bother me. So I go back inside and ask the guy if he can just come out and take a look.

I show him this and say hey can we get this off? I know it seems silly but I know this is going to bug me and it wasn't like that before.

His immediate response is "must have been that way before, we take the hood off when we paint it"

Yeah dude I know.

I say hey listen I know that, I'm not saying I know what it is. I know it absolutely wasn't there before and all I'm asking is that you guys try to get it off, and I I don't appreciate being called a lier.

This is his response I kid you not.

"You can get the f#*k off the lot"

I was in shock. Said alright, I will just call ford customer care right now. Already had his business card so I knew his name and title. "Body shop manager"!

Ford care was shocked. They said they will be investigating the dealership and putting a stop on the warranty payment.

I still can't believe this guy went crazy on me. All I said was please get it off (knowing if they can't we can escalate it). Never did I curse at this clown.

Silver lining, hood is done and looks good.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Oh my good god, I probably would've destroyed the guy......good for you for keeping your cool. Hit up the better business bureau while you're at it. That clown has no business being in charge of the BODY SHOP of all places, if he's going to act like that. Especially when he damn well knows that's overspray...

Old 07-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #468
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Oh my good god, I probably would've destroyed the guy......good for you for keeping your cool. Hit up the better business bureau while you're at it. That clown has no business being in charge of the BODY SHOP of all places, if he's going to act like that. Especially when he damn well knows that's overspray...

Man I was hot I'm not going to lie. But I never escalated it to cursing.

I'm not sure if it's overspray as much as its some sort of chemical. They most likely set something on it when the hood was off. Maybe the mixing cup, or a can of solvent. Who knows. But what I do know is that they are going to make it right. I am not going to be walked on and treated like crap. I will sit out in front of the dealership with a sign that says "manager wants you to get the f#*k off the lot!" If I have to. They messed with the wrong fellow.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #469
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Man I was hot I'm not going to lie. But I never escalated it to cursing.

I'm not sure if it's overspray as much as its some sort of chemical. They most likely set something on it when the hood was off. Maybe the mixing cup, or a can of solvent. Who knows. But what I do know is that they are going to make it right. I am not going to be walked on and treated like crap. I will sit out in front of the dealership with a sign that says "manager wants you to get the f#*k off the lot!" If I have to. They messed with the wrong fellow.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

That is straight garbage. And it's definitely feasible that that is exactly what happened. The fact he used vulgar language alone is enough to warrant some type of action taken by their establishment.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #470
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm glad some people are good with confrontation. I probably would have punched him in the face.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #471
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
That is straight garbage. And it's definitely feasible that that is exactly what happened. The fact he used vulgar language alone is enough to warrant some type of action taken by their establishment.

Yeah I keep playing it back in my mind all day today. I truly can't believe he went honey badger on me. I think I will file a BBB complaint if they don't call me today. I'm also going to go on yelp, Facebook and any other dealership site and throw a blurb out there about this.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I'm glad some people are good with confrontation. I probably would have punched him in the face.

Wanted to. But wasn't worth it man. He is a sad little man.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #472
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I keep playing it back in my mind all day today. I truly can't believe he went honey badger on me. I think I will file a BBB complaint if they don't call me today. I'm also going to go on yelp, Facebook and any other dealership site and throw a blurb out there about this.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Wanted to. But wasn't worth it man. He is a sad little man.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Let us know the justice that takes place ASAP.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 AM   #473
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Keep us updated on this. It's absolutely ridiculous.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #474
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Man I hear so many horror stories at these Ford dealerships. It makes me think about not buying another Ford ever.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #475
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Let us know the justice that takes place ASAP.

Of course

IG @Oxford5pointoh

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Keep us updated on this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Will do

IG @Oxford5pointoh

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Man I hear so many horror stories at these Ford dealerships. It makes me think about not buying another Ford ever.

I feel the same way.

I have blessed this dealer with some reviews already though ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #476
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Oxford5pointoh build thread

Quote:

It's not just Ford dealers.

I worked up the block from a Chevy dealer. One Saturday, he decided to spray paint his whole building. My dark green truck got covered in white specs.

I calmly confronted him about it (that took some doing, that truck is my baby) and he agreed to have his body shop remove the overspray. They tried to buff it off and horribly scratched the whole truck, including my newly painted front fenders and new door mirrors.

I wanted to take him to court and have the truck completely repainted but my body guy didn't want to testify in court about how I meticulously cared for the truck and how much $$ I'd spent fixing rusted out parts. Mom talked me out of court and the dealer bought me some crappy new mirrors- they need replaced again now.

What really irked me was Chevy wanted to shut that dealer down. They had a huge petition to save the business but part of the deal was to remodel the building, hence the paint.

That's been about four years ago and they sold the dealership this summer.

dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #477
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrand View Post
It's not just Ford dealers.

I worked up the block from a Chevy dealer. One Saturday, he decided to spray paint his whole building. My dark green truck got covered in white specs.

I calmly confronted him about it (that took some doing, that truck is my baby) and he agreed to have his body shop remove the overspray. They tried to buff it off and horribly scratched the whole truck, including my newly painted front fenders and new door mirrors.

I wanted to take him to court and have the truck completely repainted but my body guy didn't want to testify in court about how I meticulously cared for the truck and how much $$ I'd spent fixing rusted out parts. Mom talked me out of court and the dealer bought me some crappy new mirrors- they need replaced again now.

What really irked me was Chevy wanted to shut that dealer down. They had a huge petition to save the business but part of the deal was to remodel the building, hence the paint.

That's been about four years ago and they sold the dealership this summer.

That is terrible brother, I'm sorry that happened to you. The dealership I bought my vehicle from, Sarat Ford in Agawam MA has been nothing short of fantastic in my opinion, so it's definitely not ALL ford dealerships like you said.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #478
Registered Member
Regular

Ox, this is why I went ahead and tuned my car. I don't trust a dealer with my ride, therefore I know I will never be bringing mine in.

At least it wasn't too bad of a screw up. Maybe get a factory tune safe intake?
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #479
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post

assault charges get expensive, anger management classes ect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #480
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Ox, this is why I went ahead and tuned my car. I don't trust a dealer with my ride, therefore I know I will never be bringing mine in.

At least it wasn't too bad of a screw up. Maybe get a factory tune safe intake?

It's really principle at this point. I'm sure I could get this cleaned off by using something like acetone or goof off maybe even. I'm more pissed this dude thinks he can treat any customer this way. Tomorrow I am going to pay the owner of the dealership a visit.

I'm with you though. I NEVER TAKE MY CAR IN. But I figured for this I really needed to and well I didn't have much of a choice unless I wanted to dole out 5-600 bucks to get it painted somewhere. I actually like the hood, so getting an aftermarket one wasn't enticing.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #481
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
assault charges get expensive, anger management classes ect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Word. Not to mention losing my job, credibility in this situation ect. He really wasn't worth it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #482
Registered Member

Regular

Spoke to the owner of the dealership. 88 year old man. He knew nothing about the issue. Apparently he works like 10 hours a week (goes home to nap ๐Ÿ˜‚).

He was very apologetic and said for me to come to the lot and he would make sure I'm taken care of.

Seems like the dealership is being looked after by people like this guy who went off on me. They shelter him from the issues and are giving him a bad name. Felt sorry for him.

In other news, I installed the roush rear splitters on my car a few days ago. A friend hooked me up with these as a thanks for some help I gave him. It was very unsuspected. Love the look they have. Finished the look all around.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437765554.900439.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	187960

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437765573.025055.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	187961

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #483
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Spoke to the owner of the dealership. 88 year old man. He knew nothing about the issue. Apparently he works like 10 hours a week (goes home to nap ๐Ÿ˜‚).

He was very apologetic and said for me to come to the lot and he would make sure I'm taken care of.

Seems like the dealership is being looked after by people like this guy who went off on me. They shelter him from the issues and are giving him a bad name. Felt sorry for him.

In other news, I installed the roush rear splitters on my car a few days ago. A friend hooked me up with these as a thanks for some help I gave him. It was very unsuspected. Love the look they have. Finished the look all around.

Attachment 187960

Attachment 187961

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Nice all around! I had those rear splitter pieces for months before I finally put them on lol

Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #484
Registered Member

Regular

I actually got another phone call from the sales manager of the dealership after I spoke with the owner. He apologized once again and told me that he wants me to bring my car in for a full detail including engine bay ect (cool but not really needed as my car is clean). They also offered me one of those diamond coatings they always try to sell you from the dealership (he says a 850.00 value) for free.

I don't really know how I feel about the coating. I don't really know if it's even worth the trouble.

I told him I appreciated it and I would let him know. At the end of the day all I really want is the apology (got that now) and this air cover cleaned or replaced.

Either way it sounds like they are going to make it right. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #485
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I actually got another phone call from the sales manager of the dealership after I spoke with the owner. He apologized once again and told me that he wants me to bring my car in for a full detail including engine bay ect (cool but not really needed as my car is clean). They also offered me one of those diamond coatings they always try to sell you from the dealership (he says a 850.00 value) for free.

I don't really know how I feel about the coating. I don't really know if it's even worth the trouble.

I told him I appreciated it and I would let him know. At the end of the day all I really want is the apology (got that now) and this air cover cleaned or replaced.

Either way it sounds like they are going to make it right. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Very nice! Is it the Simoniz stuff? If so its pretty decent, but it's truly up to you. And trust me I know how you feel about someone else detailing your car lol.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #486
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's why I don't trust dealerships anymore, after finding out they took my car to someone house using it as their ride.

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #487
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Very nice! Is it the Simoniz stuff? If so its pretty decent, but it's truly up to you. And trust me I know how you feel about someone else detailing your car lol.

Yeah I guess it is. But I don't think I'm going to let them touch it again. I just want that part replaced and that will be that.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #488
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
That's why I don't trust dealerships anymore, after finding out they took my car to someone house using it as their ride.

Yeah I didn't give them that opportunity. I took pictures of every screen on the odo. I knew the miles, timer, average mpg, trip. Lol. On top of programming a my key. They would not have been allowed to drive over 50, no track control off.

I told the guy at the desk I had all this information, and that if the car had more than .5 miles more on it we would have issues. I also told them I had a gps tracker on it and would be able to see any route they drive it.

It had .2 miles more on it when I picked it up. Average mpg only fell .2 miles per gallon and the timer only went up about 3 minutes.

But yeah I don't trust them either

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #489
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Yeah I didn't give them that opportunity. I took pictures of every screen on the odo. I knew the miles, timer, average mpg, trip. Lol. On top of programming a my key. They would not have been allowed to drive over 50, no track control off.

I told the guy at the desk I had all this information, and that if the car had more than .5 miles more on it we would have issues. I also told them I had a gps tracker on it and would be able to see any route they drive it.

It had .2 miles more on it when I picked it up. Average mpg only fell .2 miles per gallon and the timer only went up about 3 minutes.

But yeah I don't trust them either

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Is mph control optional? Does it come with the track key or something?

Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #490
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Is mph control optional? Does it come with the track key or something?

It's just a feature you have with your factory key. You can put one in and scroll through until you see the my key feature. Start programming away. Just make sure you have 2 keys. The other key automatically becomes your admin key, which is the only way you can clear the my key out.

You can control the top speed, traction control capabilities, speed warnings at certain speeds (lol I set it at 40 or 45 mph to give a warning), radio off if no seatbelt I think?

It gave me a small piece of mind. I tried it out on the way to the dealership and it worked.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT