Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:00 AM   #491
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Hmm I'll try it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #492
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billgluckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gluckman
Region: Other
Posts: 451
Diamond coating?
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #493
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Diamond coating?

Well it's some coating they try to sell you when you buy the car. I'm not going to do it. My wife's car actually has a similar coating on the hood, the dealership used it in the showroom as a demonstration for this coating. Apparently it's supposed to prevent scratching and rock chips. Well I think it looks terrible. I can see imperfections in the coating and where they probably tried to scratch it to show people and make money.

Anyway, it's not for me. Going down there tomorrow and just going to request a new air cleaner cover and be done with it.


๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ


IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:58 PM   #494
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billgluckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gluckman
Region: Other
Posts: 451
Yeah I've never heard of it.

And I'd do the same. I will never deal with a dealership. Too many horror stories. These places need to hold their workers responsible.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #495
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Well I got a new cover and it even came with a new MAF sensor with 26,000 less miles on it than the one I have ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438117675.668771.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	188213


๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ


IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #496
Registered Member
Regular
 
dwbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bendena
Region: Kansas
Posts: 455
Well I'm sorry you had such an unneeded hassle but good deal getting the new one!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2003 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
1968 Mercury Cougar
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #497
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Hey, did you get the sweet shrapnel airbag recall bro? Pretty sweet right?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #498
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Hey, did you get the sweet shrapnel airbag recall bro? Pretty sweet right?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Yeah actually when I called ford to complain about the dealership they let me know I was on the list. I said great but from what I understand there is no fix as of yet. She agreed. Glad we could figure all that out ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ”ซ


๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ


IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:27 AM   #499
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Yeah actually when I called ford to complain about the dealership they let me know I was on the list. I said great but from what I understand there is no fix as of yet. She agreed. Glad we could figure all that out ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ”ซ


๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ


IG @Oxford5pointoh

Totally awesome. Try not to hit anything ay?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #500
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
^ lol.

Well I did some driving today. Went to cars and coffee with some friends

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438478748.607728.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	188498

Then I drove 200 miles and picked up a shaft masters 1 pc aluminum driveshaft from a member on here (back in a stang). Then had to drive home another 250 miles. All said and done I drove 570 miles today. Worth every mile but dang I'm tired. I can't wait to get this shaft in.

Some gopro shots from our drive in

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438478988.677790.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	188500

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438479025.206780.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	188501

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438479042.302670.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	188502
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #501
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^ lol.

Well I did some driving today. Went to cars and coffee with some friends

Attachment 188498

Then I drove 200 miles and picked up a shaft masters 1 pc aluminum driveshaft from a member on here (back in a stang). Then had to drive home another 250 miles. All said and done I drove 570 miles today. Worth every mile but dang I'm tired. I can't wait to get this shaft in.

Some gopro shots from our drive in

Attachment 188500

Attachment 188501

Attachment 188502

Last shot is dope. And you'll be happy with the shaftmasters


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Where do you live Oxford? I live in Florida and I wanna try and get to a meet
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #503
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
Where do you live Oxford? I live in Florida and I wanna try and get to a meet

I'm in virginia. But I'm sure you can easily find a meet or a show in FL.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #504
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Very great thread so far. I always enjoy a good read when someone pours their heart into their car. This is the fun of it. Working through the rough times, so you can enjoy the fun times. What are your future plans sir?

Eventually I will make a build thread of my own. But once my car is done. I want to have one of the longest first posts on here. LOL
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #505
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Very great thread so far. I always enjoy a good read when someone pours their heart into their car. This is the fun of it. Working through the rough times, so you can enjoy the fun times. What are your future plans sir?

Eventually I will make a build thread of my own. But once my car is done. I want to have one of the longest first posts on here. LOL

Thanks man. It has been fun for sure.

Future plans? It's pretty close to how I want it until it's paid off. I need to finish buying the wheels and that's about it.

Years from now I might start saving for a supercharger and maybe a watts link.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #506
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Thanks man. It has been fun for sure.

Future plans? It's pretty close to how I want it until it's paid off. I need to finish buying the wheels and that's about it.

Years from now I might start saving for a supercharger and maybe a watts link.
Yea I am getting my suspension done before the end of the year. I saw that Watts link and my wallet cried. LOL. I am sure it is well worth it though. But I am just gonna get the Whiteline adj panhard. It looks pretty sturdy and the adjuster isn't in the center of the bar. I heard that sometimes causes problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #507
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Yea I am getting my suspension done before the end of the year. I saw that Watts link and my wallet cried. LOL. I am sure it is well worth it though. But I am just gonna get the Whiteline adj panhard. It looks pretty sturdy and the adjuster isn't in the center of the bar. I heard that sometimes causes problems.

I have a pretty extensive suspension mod list. I already have the Steeda Panhard. I almost went with the Steeda Watts out of the gate but I didn't feel like spending 1000 bucks on that at that time so I figured Panhard wasn't going to be hard to sell down the road. I don't really need the watts until I start taking it to the autox in a few years.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #508
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1
great thread!! #blackcar


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
lava5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #509
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Posts: 22
Oxford, You can send the cluster to a shop in New York and have the mileage changed for i believe 80 bucks or so. And I have the VCM II to do the pats and as built data. But the as built data only needs to be changed for the 11-12 for the ABS or if you dont have the full mycolor color gamut you change the as built for that.
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #510
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
Oxford, You can send the cluster to a shop in New York and have the mileage changed for i believe 80 bucks or so. And I have the VCM II to do the pats and as built data. But the as built data only needs to be changed for the 11-12 for the ABS or if you dont have the full mycolor color gamut you change the as built for that.
You also need to change the AS BUILT if you have anything like Reverse Sensors also. As they WILL work, however, you will not be able to view it as an option/setting in the LCD menu. Ask me how I know!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #511
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
Oxford, You can send the cluster to a shop in New York and have the mileage changed for i believe 80 bucks or so. And I have the VCM II to do the pats and as built data. But the as built data only needs to be changed for the 11-12 for the ABS or if you dont have the full mycolor color gamut you change the as built for that.

Are you selling your VCM II?

I do need as built codes so I can get the track apps.

I don't have reverse sensors or any of that frilly junk.

I will prob just wait on miles. My car should be there before too long
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #512
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Love the new default pic...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #513
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Love the new default pic...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Thanks man. I was playing around the other day. It might be my favorite one I've had
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:07 PM   #514
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Thanks man. I was playing around the other day. It might be my favorite one I've had

Nice brother man. I may or may not be pulling the trigger on a vortech kit from beefcake racing very soon, thought you should known


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:38 PM   #515
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Nice brother man. I may or may not be pulling the trigger on a vortech kit from beefcake racing very soon, thought you should known


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Well when you decide to part out your car in a few years I get first dibs on it.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #516
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Oxford5pointoh build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Well when you decide to part out your car in a few years I get first dibs on it.

Lol, well I hope to keep this car. Possibly for my little one if she's into them (she better be) but you know you're the first on the list lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #517
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Are you selling your VCM II?

I do need as built codes so I can get the track apps.

I don't have reverse sensors or any of that frilly junk.

I will prob just wait on miles. My car should be there before too long
I really dont know if I am. I have only used it a handful of times but I like having it just in case. But we can absolutely meet up to use it. As far as getting the as built codes, i would check the huge thread about the swap. I do beleive a few ppl posted up different as built codes for different setups. I had no idea about the back up sensors. I forgot ppl need them.... lol
Btw I have a Oxford white 14 5.0 too lol. Love how white it is. Hate how many specs of dirt I can see!
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #518
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
I really dont know if I am. I have only used it a handful of times but I like having it just in case. But we can absolutely meet up to use it. As far as getting the as built codes, i would check the huge thread about the swap. I do beleive a few ppl posted up different as built codes for different setups. I had no idea about the back up sensors. I forgot ppl need them.... lol
Btw I have a Oxford white 14 5.0 too lol. Love how white it is. Hate how many specs of dirt I can see!

Sweet man! I see you are in Baltimore now. That's killer. I might take you up on the offer. And if nothing else we should def meet up one of these days and get some double Ox mustang pics. Lol. Post up a pic of yours
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #519
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Sweet man! I see you are in Baltimore now. That's killer. I might take you up on the offer. And if nothing else we should def meet up one of these days and get some double Ox mustang pics. Lol. Post up a pic of yours
That I am. Would be cool as hell! Mines nothing to fancy.
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #520
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
That I am. Would be cool as hell! Mines nothing to fancy.

Looks awesome man. Where exactly are you at? I go up that way for work all the time.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:51 AM   #521
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Posts: 22
Im literally off the 695/95 interchange on the south side of Baltimore.
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #522
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
Im literally off the 695/95 interchange on the south side of Baltimore.

Sweet man. I'm going to PM you for your info
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #523
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 611
I see in your profile you're a govt contractor, which agency are you with?
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM   #524
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
I see in your profile you're a govt contractor, which agency are you with?

No I was in the USN from 2002-2006.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #525
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 611
Ah, based on your 695/95 description we're very close. I'm just a few exits up 695N
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KB build-up thread.. southernstang00 1996-2004 Mustang GT 418 04-26-2013 12:28 AM
5.0-T GT foxbody build thread (56k, go grab a bear and hold on) sly5.0 1979-1995 Mustang GT 13 09-12-2008 12:57 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.