Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 16 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #526
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Ah, based on your 695/95 description we're very close. I'm just a few exits up 695N

Oh that's another guy
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #527
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Oh that's another guy
Yea, somewhere Tapatalk ended up missing with the original quote of the other guy.
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #528
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I was USCG from 2008-2011
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #529
Registered Member

Regular

It's been a little while since I have updated my build thread. I've been slacking.

I installed BMR LCA relo brackets and a used shaft masters driveshaft. I did that right before going to AM2015. I really like the results.

Then more recently I did pick up a revised ABS RTR decklid panel. It came out great. I posted pics of the process on another thread but here is a pic of the end result.

Attachment 191542

Now I am currently waiting on some parts to come in for a front end facelift. I've decided I'm not as excited about the grille mounted fogs so I have a full roush front end set up either already in my garage or on its way. I am really fond of the look of the roush 2013-2014 but I am way to cheap to pay full price. So I went on a mission to find deals. I was able to get the following

Upper high flow grille
Lower grille delete
Roush fog light kit 13-14
Currently waiting to see if I get the roush hood scoop for 77 (ends in a few hours)

So if I were to buy all that from AM with the discount it would be 1074.00

I spent (including the scoop that isn't 100% yet) 567.00

Saving me like 606.00! Or should I say making it possible for me to do this because there is no way in hell I'd spend 1074.00 on all that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443277435.733981.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	191543

Now I know I am going to catch some crap for the roush hood scoop if I do get it. It's not functional. Well I am planning on seeing what I might be able to do about that. I'm not sure I will install it just yet. But I don't really like any after market hoods. But I do like the way roush designed this scoop to be subtle and to me not look out of place.

Anyway, all bumper mods are going down next week once I have the fog light kit. Upper and lower are already here.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443277743.975448.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	191544
Old 09-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #530
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Damn, great deals on the upper and lower grilles. eBay? I'm not willing to part with my fogs otherwise I would've went Roush.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #531
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Damn, great deals on the upper and lower grilles. eBay? I'm not willing to part with my fogs otherwise I would've went Roush.

Yeah everything was Ebay. I follow roush and they sell open box overstock or things with small blems. The upper and lower both have like one tiny little mark each. Something that would happen after 200 miles of freeway driving anyway and won't hardly be noticeable.

I actually got the lower grille delete from "aftermarketpros" AKA the people who sell AM returns. I have bought probably close to 25-30 things from them. They rock.

I get the fog thing. That's how I felt when I first got my car too. That's why I went with the boss grille and the raxiom smoked fogs. But I think the roush fogs are pretty damn aggressive and they have really grown on me. The whole package together looks bad *** to me.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443281285.304699.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	191545

(Obviously will not have the emblem)
Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #532
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah everything was Ebay. I follow roush and they sell open box overstock or things with small blems. The upper and lower both have like one tiny little mark each. Something that would happen after 200 miles of freeway driving anyway and won't hardly be noticeable.

I actually got the lower grille delete from "aftermarketpros" AKA the people who sell AM returns. I have bought probably close to 25-30 things from them. They rock.

I get the fog thing. That's how I felt when I first got my car too. That's why I went with the boss grille and the raxiom smoked fogs. But I think the roush fogs are pretty damn aggressive and they have really grown on me. The whole package together looks bad *** to me.

Attachment 191545

(Obviously will not have the emblem)

It does look great man. I need to paint my billet grille because of oxidation, and I'm going to probably need that delete as well for some better flow. There may or may not be an intercooler down there soon. Nice finds man considering the posted prices.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #533
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Nice dude. I got my lower grille delete as an open box from roush on eBay as well.

I also love aftermarketpros. Seems like we do the same thing. Haha. I think I spent $150 on my lower.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #534
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Nice dude. I got my lower grille delete as an open box from roush on eBay as well.

I also love aftermarketpros. Seems like we do the same thing. Haha. I think I spent $150 on my lower.

Lol I was just gunna say that. Our taste is extremely similar. I'm also in a huge debate with myself what I wanna do about exhaust. I'm thinking just a high flow catted mid for the vortech...I dunno lol

Old 09-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #535
Registered Member
Regular

Car is still in the body shop even though I dropped it off Sunday night btw....not happy.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #536
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
It does look great man. I need to paint my billet grille because of oxidation, and I'm going to probably need that delete as well for some better flow. There may or may not be an intercooler down there soon. Nice finds man considering the posted prices.

Yeah that intercooler mount is a huge plus.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #537
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Yeah I refresh everyday and see what's listed. Hahaha. I love getting good deals on mods. Who can afford to do the amount of mods we do at full price?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Car is still in the body shop even though I dropped it off Sunday night btw....not happy.

That sucks bro
Old 09-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #538
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I refresh everyday and see what's listed. Hahaha. I love getting good deals on mods. Who can afford to do the amount of mods we do at full price?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

That sucks bro

No doubt. I haven't spent full price on any big mod. I even got a brand new MGW for $50 cheaper than normal price (thanks to liv4spd off of here).

I'm thinking about starting a build thread myself.

2013 GT/CS
Old 09-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #539
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's been a little while since I have updated my build thread. I've been slacking.

I installed BMR LCA relo brackets and a used shaft masters driveshaft. I did that right before going to AM2015. I really like the results.

Then more recently I did pick up a revised ABS RTR decklid panel. It came out great. I posted pics of the process on another thread but here is a pic of the end result.

Attachment 191542

Now I am currently waiting on some parts to come in for a front end facelift. I've decided I'm not as excited about the grille mounted fogs so I have a full roush front end set up either already in my garage or on its way. I am really fond of the look of the roush 2013-2014 but I am way to cheap to pay full price. So I went on a mission to find deals. I was able to get the following

Upper high flow grille
Lower grille delete
Roush fog light kit 13-14
Currently waiting to see if I get the roush hood scoop for 77 (ends in a few hours)

So if I were to buy all that from AM with the discount it would be 1074.00

I spent (including the scoop that isn't 100% yet) 567.00

Saving me like 606.00! Or should I say making it possible for me to do this because there is no way in hell I'd spend 1074.00 on all that.

Attachment 191543

Now I know I am going to catch some crap for the roush hood scoop if I do get it. It's not functional. Well I am planning on seeing what I might be able to do about that. I'm not sure I will install it just yet. But I don't really like any after market hoods. But I do like the way roush designed this scoop to be subtle and to me not look out of place.

Anyway, all bumper mods are going down next week once I have the fog light kit. Upper and lower are already here.

Attachment 191544
Did you use the best offer option to get those deals? I put in a best offer on a roush upper grill earlier.

I wish I would have known about aftermarketpros a long time ago. lol
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #540
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Did you use the best offer option to get those deals? I put in a best offer on a roush upper grill earlier.

I wish I would have known about aftermarketpros a long time ago. lol

Yeah I did the best offer dance with roush and aftermarketpros. Love me some eBay.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:13 AM   #541
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome. I've been wanting to do the roush grill myself i just like having the fogs. I've been hoping I could find a deal on the lowers.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #542
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
She gets sexier and sexier man! Good job on the choices!

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #543
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Awesome. I've been wanting to do the roush grill myself i just like having the fogs. I've been hoping I could find a deal on the lowers.

You can do some DIY and mount the fogs behind the Roush grille for a pretty sweet look.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #544
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
You can do some DIY and mount the fogs behind the Roush grille for a pretty sweet look.

Instagram: @v6beast
Yeah I've seen it but I'd prefer them to be down lower like the roush and cs cars
Old 10-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #545
Registered Member

Regular

Got my roush fogs and lower grille delete installed today (minus the black vinyl that goes across the top of the lower grille delete). I love roush stuff but man they need to do just a bit better on the instructions. The photocopied sets they give you are terrible to actually use when it comes to referencing the pictures. But once you get it all together it's all worth it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444359660.460066.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	192088

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444359676.233586.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	192089

Pictures don't do it justice, in person it really looks sweet. You can see the supports inside the lower grille delete.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #546
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got my roush fogs and lower grille delete installed today (minus the black vinyl that goes across the top of the lower grille delete). I love roush stuff but man they need to do just a bit better on the instructions. The photocopied sets they give you are terrible to actually use when it comes to referencing the pictures. But once you get it all together it's all worth it.

Attachment 192088

Attachment 192089

Pictures don't do it justice, in person it really looks sweet. You can see the supports inside the lower grille delete.

Friggin. Phenomenal. That looks really great. I thought about doing them, but now you have them, I think I'll hold off lol. I do need that delete though. The car is disgustingly pleasing to look at man like usual. Good job...

Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 AM   #547
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Friggin. Phenomenal. That looks really great. I thought about doing them, but now you have them, I think I'll hold off lol. I do need that delete though. The car is disgustingly pleasing to look at man like usual. Good job...

Thanks man. The fogs are something I wasn't sure I liked up until a few months ago. But they really grow on you. They are super aggressive looking. It will stand out from the crowd too. Not too many guys want to spend the dough on these and cut the bumper. Once you have all the roush stuff on the front end of the car they all play off each other. It's really cool. Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get her out in the day light and see the new look.

Next step it the roush hood scoop. Already have it in the garage. Going to start prepping it for paint. Might as well go full on stupid with roush at this point. Lol.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #548
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks man. The fogs are something I wasn't sure I liked up until a few months ago. But they really grow on you. They are super aggressive looking. It will stand out from the crowd too. Not too many guys want to spend the dough on these and cut the bumper. Once you have all the roush stuff on the front end of the car they all play off each other. It's really cool. Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get her out in the day light and see the new look.

Next step it the roush hood scoop. Already have it in the garage. Going to start prepping it for paint. Might as well go full on stupid with roush at this point. Lol.

Lol you might as well at this point. We both have a mixture of mustang subsidiary brands. Roush, RTR, GT500 (me lol). I like the Roush scoop, I think that'll look great and really complete the look.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #549
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great.

I got a roush upper in the mail a few days ago, got it from roush overstock. The damage was worse than described though, so I'll be getting a refund. Sucks cuz I thought I got a great deal. lol

Car is just gonna look sick(er) with the scoop.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #550
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks guys.

Bill that really sucks your grille was beat up.

Here are a few pics from today. I gotta say I am in love with this setup

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444447095.358367.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	192129

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444447122.171878.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	192130
Old 10-09-2015, 10:05 PM   #551
Registered Member
Regular

Jealous
Old 10-10-2015, 03:25 AM   #552
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Thanks guys.

Bill that really sucks your grille was beat up.

Here are a few pics from today. I gotta say I am in love with this setup

Attachment 192129

Attachment 192130
They look good with Oxford white. I don't think they'll look to great on my gloss black.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:04 AM   #553
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
They look good with Oxford white. I don't think they'll look to great on my gloss black.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I actually think they look great on a black car. It doesn't stand out as much I suppose.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #554
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Jealous

😎

Bill when are you going to get that roush wing on your car? You know you want to do it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #555
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
😎

Bill when are you going to get that roush wing on your car? You know you want to do it.
Soon, I wanted to get the roush upper and lower and some fogs and get all done in one weekend. I just got my windows tinted a few days ago, so the spoiler is screamin at me from the box.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #556
Registered Member
Regular

Looking good dude.

2013 GT/CS
Old 10-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #557
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nice thread, love the pics and details you give on pricing and sourcing . I appreciate all the time and effort it takes to post this information.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #558
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Looking good dude.

Thank you sir
Old 10-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #559
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
Nice thread, love the pics and details you give on pricing and sourcing . I appreciate all the time and effort it takes to post this information.

Your welcome. I like to document everything so I figured this was a good place. I hope it helps people like others have helped me.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #560

Region: California
Oxford, I just finished binge reading through your thread and had to register to thank you. Amazing progress. You've given us a lot of inspiration to work with.

So what have you planned next?
DarkestCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT