Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 20 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:34 AM   #666
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'm looking up the borla quads and they all say for GT500. The the full catback exhaust is $400 more than just the muffler's but both say for 2013-2014 GT500. Will I have to do some modifications for fitment?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #667
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Scoop looks awesome bro

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 AM   #668
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Very nice. I'd be ****ting my pants trying to install that. Scoop looks awesomeπŸ‘πŸ»

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

When u get a chance take a pic from the inside of the car.

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #669
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Thanks dude. This was a pretty easy mod. Finally one I didn't have to lay under the car to do
It may have been less physically demanding, but it takes some balls to cut and drill into a perfectly good hood.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #670
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I'm looking up the borla quads and they all say for GT500. The the full catback exhaust is $400 more than just the muffler's but both say for 2013-2014 GT500. Will I have to do some modifications for fitment?

I got the quads used...500 bucks. They all say they are for the GT500, but they will fit a GT no modifications besides the diffuser.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Scoop looks awesome bro

Thanks man!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #671
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Very nice. I'd be ****ting my pants trying to install that. Scoop looks awesomeπŸ‘πŸ»

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

When u get a chance take a pic from the inside of the car.

Yeah I was a tad nervous but in the back of my head I knew if I jacked it up I could just buy a aftermarket hood. Lol

Excuse the dirty windshield

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1457537795.701100.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	198015
Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #672
Registered Member
Regular

Nice.. Very deceiving. From looking at it from the outside it looks much bigger. Like the fact that you have very good visual from the inside

Old 03-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #673
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Nice.. Very deceiving. From looking at it from the outside it looks much bigger. Like the fact that you have very good visual from the inside

Yeah it's pretty low profile. I appreciate the roush parts. They are all very well designed around the car looking aggressive and they keep a factory style quality. This is a great example of that. And at this point I believe I have basically done a full roush conversion visually with the exception of the roush rear diffuser and square tips. I didn't set out to do this, just kept ordering what I liked.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #674
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty low profile. I appreciate the roush parts. They are all very well designed around the car looking aggressive and they keep a factory style quality. This is a great example of that. And at this point I believe I have basically done a full roush conversion visually with the exception of the roush rear diffuser and square tips. I didn't set out to do this, just kept ordering what I liked.

Any future performance plans?

Old 03-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #675
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Any future performance plans?

Yeah it's going to get a whipple at some point. I've done everything supporting first. All the suspension has been done ect.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #676
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ocford5pointoh, looking good, are you going to make it to the Knott's All Ford Car show, would be great to see you and your car in person!
Home
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #677
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
Ocford5pointoh, looking good, are you going to make it to the Knott's All Ford Car show, would be great to see you and your car in person!
Home

Thanks man. Umm I'd love to go, clicked on the link and it was a blank page essentially. No info on it. When is it?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #678
Registered Member
Regular

Home

Try this one! It is at Knott's Berry Farm!
Old 03-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #679
Registered Member
Regular

Fabulous Fords Forever - April 17, 2016
Old 03-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #680
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post

Fabulous Fords Forever - April 17, 2016

Got it. I am going to check my schedule, but I should be able to make this. It would be cool to see your ride along with the rest at the show!
Old 03-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #681
Registered Member
Regular

Yep it is a really cool show as it is all Fords from Model T's and newer lol, Believe there were over 1800 vehicles there last year. Took over 3 hours to get everyone parked lol!
Old 03-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #682
Registered Member
Regular

I have the same Oracle marker lights as you. Don't be surprised if you get pulled over because they think the front ones are red. Got pulled over twice already.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #683
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Great looking Car
07 Mustang GT California Special -TCI Streetfighter Ratchet Shifter, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Cat-back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama X4 93 Octane Race Tune, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Push Button Start Ignition, Sequential Lights, Side Louvers, American Muscle Bullitt Wheels.
abarbu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #684
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I have the same Oracle marker lights as you. Don't be surprised if you get pulled over because they think the front ones are red. Got pulled over twice already.

Hmm. Well I haven't installed the front ones yet. Do your oracle side markers kind of fit like crap? I am a bit disappointed in how they fit in the hole and how they flow with the rest of the panel.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarbu15 View Post
Great looking Car

Thanks
Old 03-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #685
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmm. Well I haven't installed the front ones yet. Do your oracle side markers kind of fit like crap? I am a bit disappointed in how they fit in the hole and how they flow with the rest of the panel.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

They do a little.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #686
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
That's one badass build man
BlackCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #687
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCoyote View Post
That's one badass build man

Thanks dude. I appreciate the compliment.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #688
Registered Member

Regular

Oxford5pointoh build thread

Man, my poor build thread has been in hibernation. I really need to do more mods, or make time for those that I have waiting around on me to work on.

Things that are on the way:

Steeda stainless steal braided brake hoses

Powdercoated calipers (gah I need to just get these on now that I have the hoses)

BMR driveshaft safety loop

RTR license late surround- so here is the story on this little fella. Got it from aftermarketpros on eBay and it came broken. Wasn't supposed to be. They refunded me the money and said keep it. So being the tight wad I am I said alright I can fix this.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281009.768601.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	200125

As you can see it was pretty banged up. But the repair is very good and I have it in primer now. So I just need to figure out what color to paint it. I'm almost just leaning towards a nothing fancy black texture paint job. We will see how I feel when I get around to finishing it I guess.

I still need to do my front oracle side markers. I did the rear ones and they are sweet. I just don't care for the fit as it relates to the contour of the bumper but I'm picky.

LED all the things demon eyes

I also have a diffuser "thingy" from @thesnowman if you follow IG. I need to paint it and get it on.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281320.179462.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	200126

Then I still have my 14 premium cluster to install. It's like 1500 miles away from hitting the correct mileage.

And to top it off, today I scored a pretty sweet deal on some oil cooler goodies. Guy on CL was selling a cool tech oil cooler (1200 bucks new), a mishimoto oil cooler plate with a thermostat to add on to it so it's not always cooling, and a boss oil cooler which has all the adapters to run both coolers at once if you so desired. All this also included a nice oil temp gauge and a roush vent mount for 475. Can't wait to get it on. So this will mark the 5th or 6th time the front bumper has to come off the car. Lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281627.644771.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	200127

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281647.018763.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	200128

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281665.130271.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	200129

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281679.254351.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	200130

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281693.961538.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	200131

I'm seriously getting close to having this thing dialed in for the track. I need to start seriously saving for my whipple. That will be the icing on the Oxford cake πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ» and maybe some cams πŸ˜€
Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #689
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Man, my poor build thread has been in hibernation. I really need to do more mods, or make time for those that I have waiting around on me to work on.

Things that are on the way:

Steeda stainless steal braided brake hoses

Powdercoated calipers (gah I need to just get these on now that I have the hoses)

BMR driveshaft safety loop

RTR license late surround- so here is the story on this little fella. Got it from aftermarketpros on eBay and it came broken. Wasn't supposed to be. They refunded me the money and said keep it. So being the tight wad I am I said alright I can fix this.

Attachment 200125

As you can see it was pretty banged up. But the repair is very good and I have it in primer now. So I just need to figure out what color to paint it. I'm almost just leaning towards a nothing fancy black texture paint job. We will see how I feel when I get around to finishing it I guess.

I still need to do my front oracle side markers. I did the rear ones and they are sweet. I just don't care for the fit as it relates to the contour of the bumper but I'm picky.

LED all the things demon eyes

I also have a diffuser "thingy" from @thesnowman if you follow IG. I need to paint it and get it on.

Attachment 200126

Then I still have my 14 premium cluster to install. It's like 1500 miles away from hitting the correct mileage.

And to top it off, today I scored a pretty sweet deal on some oil cooler goodies. Guy on CL was selling a cool tech oil cooler (1200 bucks new), a mishimoto oil cooler plate with a thermostat to add on to it so it's not always cooling, and a boss oil cooler which has all the adapters to run both coolers at once if you so desired. All this also included a nice oil temp gauge and a roush vent mount for 475. Can't wait to get it on. So this will mark the 5th or 6th time the front bumper has to come off the car. Lol

Attachment 200127

Attachment 200128

Attachment 200129

Attachment 200130

Attachment 200131

I'm seriously getting close to having this thing dialed in for the track. I need to start seriously saving for my whipple. That will be the icing on the Oxford cake πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ» and maybe some cams πŸ˜€

Lol, I'm in nonstop post/excitement mode so you'll have to excuse me lol. That diffuser add on thingmajig looks absolutely nasty. Are you painting it white? And the RTR surround I think would also look pretty sleek in white. Looks like you got some nasty things going on brother. I got a bit of body work myself going on at the moment.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #690
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Lol, I'm in nonstop post/excitement mode so you'll have to excuse me lol. That diffuser add on thingmajig looks absolutely nasty. Are you painting it white? And the RTR surround I think would also look pretty sleek in white. Looks like you got some nasty things going on brother. I got a bit of body work myself going on at the moment.

Hey it's all good. I like watching people's build threads. It doesn't need to be a sema build to be cool. I also like them because it keeps everything for that particular car together. Anyway, your thread is good for me because I am taking notes as you do your sc install.

I have toyed with painting both pieces white. I just don't know yet. I suppose since I will do the work myself, it's not really a huge deal if I do it and don't like it. I can easily change it. I just worry about crossing the line into rice territory with too much white or an out of place color scheme on something.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:25 AM   #691
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey it's all good. I like watching people's build threads. It doesn't need to be a sema build to be cool. I also like them because it keeps everything for that particular car together. Anyway, your thread is good for me because I am taking notes as you do your sc install.

I have toyed with painting both pieces white. I just don't know yet. I suppose since I will do the work myself, it's not really a huge deal if I do it and don't like it. I can easily change it. I just worry about crossing the line into rice territory with too much white or an out of place color scheme on something.

I'm the same way. I love to watch people's progression with their pride and joy. And I myself am glad there are a few other SC installs going on at the same time so we can all make a smooth transition into a boosted application.

And I feel ya on messing up the flow of the car lol. I'm the same exact way. A lot of my friends think I should change up the wheel scheme this year from the black and white to something else. But I don't want to mess up the theme. I received quite a bit of praise last year for the car because I think it's a bit different from the norm, and not that that is important or significant, but I don't know if I want to mess with it just yet.

Where did you get the diffuser from?

Old 04-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #692
Registered Member

Regular

The diffuser itself is a gt500 diffuser I got from AM but the bottom addition is something a guy on IG makes to order. He had 30 of these cut and they are all gone now, but he is making one for the boss diffuser right now. And it's a limited run. I will tag you in the post.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #693
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The diffuser itself is a gt500 diffuser I got from AM but the bottom addition is something a guy on IG makes to order. He had 30 of these cut and they are all gone now, but he is making one for the boss diffuser right now. And it's a limited run. I will tag you in the post.

HELL YES! It looks fantastic. Painted I think would look pretty nasty depending on color. Oxford would obviously look pretty sweet.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #694
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, you are starting to make me want to paint mine white again.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #695
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, you are starting to make me want to paint mine white again.

The diffuser or both? I've been eyeing the RTR surround myself lol. I can't wait to get the bumper back and mount everything up.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #696
Registered Member

Regular

Prob just the diffuser. I think the surround in white might look a little funny. Idk. I've seen it done. But it doesn't need to be solid white. I am thinking black but painting the mesh ox white. Might give it some contrast.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #697
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Prob just the diffuser. I think the surround in white might look a little funny. Idk. I've seen it done. But it doesn't need to be solid white. I am thinking black but painting the mesh ox white. Might give it some contrast.

I think that would look pretty sweet. Can you source a pic of it in white? Tried googling couldn't find anything lol. The diffuser add-on alone in white though would look good...

Old 04-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #698
Registered Member

Regular

I follow a guy who has it done. I can't remember his IG though. I will keep an eye out.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #699
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I follow a guy who has it done. I can't remember his IG though. I will keep an eye out.

I'll try to find it. I'm really curious as to how it looks.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #700
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
There is a guy I follow on instagram (@cleanthirteen) who also has the rtr surround done in a unique way with the white. He has it done with the edges just in white so its easier to see but then everything else is still black. If that makes any sense? You might want to check it out and get some ideas from that, because you could do something like that but instead of white do the blue you have with your stripes. I think that could be a nice touch.

2014 DIB V6 manual. FP6 Tech package.
nwewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT