Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oxford5pointoh build thread

55K views 810 replies 59 participants last post by  straybullitt 
#1 ·
Alright, well I've been busy since I purchased my 2014 Oxford white GT on October 21, 2014. I have been talking about certain things I have done here and there but I figure I would make a home for my build and share my progress.

The day I brought it home:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

It was a tense few days before this as the car was not in the lot, let alone the state. The dealer had to source the car about 300 miles away and man was I glad I held out for the white car with the brembo package. Love the brembo wheels, always loved painted grey wheels in a white car.

Well I drive the car about 2 days and ran the odo up to 750 miles and decided I needed a shifter upgrade or I was going to hate this car. The stock shifter is such crap. So for me, it had to be the FRPP short throw set up. It's pricey but I love everything it offers and went for it.

Look at that beauty now since it will be the last time ya see it. Haha

Auto part Tool

Auto part Vehicle Suspension Suspension part Car

Finished result

Gear shift Center console Vehicle Car Steering wheel

Well next on my list was to ditch that sad excuse for a radio. I already had the kenwood 6190hd nav from my previous vehicle so I ordered the scosche dash kit along with the proper wire harness adapter and steering wheel adapter. I also ordered 2 sets of kicker ks5.2 component speakers for the doors and deck lid. To compliment that sound I also ordered a kicker 700.5 amp to run all four speakers and a Boston acoustics 12" (another Donor from my last vehicle)

Vehicle Car Center console Multimedia Technology

Mounted the xm antenna on the glass and ran the wire stealth under the lip of the glass and into the car via the trunk

Automotive exterior Auto part Hood Floor Architecture

While I was at it I added some factory mustang illuminated door sills

Blue Light Electric blue Neon Font

The next order of business was to ditch that factory front plate bracket that was already on the car before I ever even considered getting my new steed. So I ordered the flip down LP holder from AM. I also needed to address the holes in the bumper so I added a set of color matched plugs from bumperplugs.com, they are pricey but I figured why not.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

And with it tucked away

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Bumper

Not bad. But I knew I needed to do something different with that grille and fogs. So I found a great deal on a used boss grille and picked up some smoked raxiom fogs

Here is a side by side of the stock fog and the raxiom. Yes I know my bumper is stupid dirty. Wish I had cleaned it first

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Grille

As many of you know it's a direct swap, but I did cut the tabs off and smooth out the openings a bit.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

And here we are with the raxioms lit.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Grille Car

Next order of business was to ditch those factory mufflers and ad a nice rumble without the drone. I drive quite a bit so I can't get too crazy with off roads ect. I found a great deal on a used magnaflow street "cat back" exhaust from a guy on CL and it was practically new, he was simply trading his 14 in for a 15. His loss my gain

Auto part Alloy wheel Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Wheel

Then not too long after this was installed I was able to pick up a used magnaflow tru-x pipe from a member here for a great price and WOW. So glad I did. It sounds even better and feels great.

Auto part Exhaust manifold Automotive exhaust Pipe Exhaust system

So after that I started to think leather would be a nice upgrade. So I found new take offs from roush on eBay, pounced on them for 400 bucks, threw in some eBay special heated seats and went to town

Fresh out of the box:

Gig bag Floor Bag Design Room

Naked

Yellow Car seat cover Car seat Auto part Beige

Adding heated seat pads

Furniture

Some side by side action

Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover Mid-size car

Finished result:

Car seat cover Car seat Vehicle Car Leather

Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Luxury vehicle

So that's the major projects that have been tackled. But I have also added some MMD hood struts, SHR power distribution cover (brushed), front splash guards,

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Auto part

raxiom LEDS in cabin & plate... I have to throw that pic in

Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Light Vehicle

I did do some raxiom puddle lamps, but I was not diggin how they hung down. So the opportunity came up for me to snag a set of MMD retro style mirrors for stupid cheap so I did it. Went from this

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Puddle lamp lit up

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive design

To this now

Land vehicle Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive design

Honestly I love them, the look is great but my only complaint is the function. I can't see as well as I could with the stock mirrors. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the trade off. For now they stay.

Other little additions like my craven speed stubbie antenna, simple and easy

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Windshield Automotive design Hood

Now to what's been ordered but not yet on the car or yet received.

Suspension:

Here is what I have already or is currently on a fedex truck

Koni yellows
FRPP jounce bump stops
Steeda sport springs
Steeda CC plates
Steeda G-Trac brace
Steeda Panhard (adjustable)
Steeda Panhard bar brace
Steeda UCA (adjustable)
Steeda UCA bracket
Steeda LCA (billet alum)
Steeda rear seat x brace (non seat delete)

Also not suspension but I also have a Steeda trans bushing on the way as well. I would also like to thank TJ from Steeda for all the help with my order. If you can't tell I like Steeda ?

CANNOT WAIT FOR ALL THAT :)

I also realized I was never going to get a RTR decklid cover so I went ahead and ordered a custom billet alum faux gas cap emblem from Billet Badges - billet aluminum custom emblems and badges they custom make it how ever you want, send you a 3D rendering before you sign off on it to be produced. Here is what they are cooking up for me

Text Font Circle Logo Symbol

It's bead blasted in the background, polished lip on the lettering and white paint in the 5.0 I think it's going to look pretty sweet. I also have an extra faux gas cap ring that I am currently trying to decide if I want to fill the FORD lettering and paint it either black or like a gun metal. Time will tell.

Last thing I'm waiting on is to get my GT500 spoiler back from paint. I picked up the wing used and it was in desperate need of new paint. Hoping to get it back this week. But I'm not trying to rush the guy. So that's my build as far as I can remember it so far. I'm sure I forgot a few things but it's a start. Let me know what you guys think! I'm hoping I can maybe be worthy of a MOTM one of these days.

See less See more
#2 ·
I knew I'd forget a few things, I also installed raxiom tail light sequencers for all functions which is awesome.

Plus I added premium pedals. I will admit I thought this was a simple swap of the covers all around, but I quickly found out that the entire gas pedal has to be swapped to use the factory brushed pedal covers. So I sourced one from eBay and swapped it out. It's hard to understand why ford wouldn't just make these standard.

Vehicle Car Auto part Automobile pedal Automotive wheel system

I also swapped out the base model sun visor with one that has the garage door opener built in. It was one of those mods you do because you got a good deal and couldn't pass it up.

Car Vehicle Vehicle door Family car

#23 ·
I also swapped out the base model sun visor with one that has the garage door opener built in. It was one of those mods you do because you got a good deal and couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 179318

I always wondered what this was! Lmao. I have it on my sun visor but never really cared to find out what it's for!

#4 ·
Thanks man. Yeah I've looked around but I actually like the factory wheels it has. If I were to change them out its between legit 13-14 gt500's like this

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

Or some Steeda wheels like this

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire

For now I'm happy with the brembo wheels. They look great when they are kept clean. I regularly clean the inside as well when I do tire rotations ect. Makes a difference.

#8 ·
Thanks dub, I am a Steeda fan for sure. They have quality stuff (not that others don't) and great customer service. Can't wait to get it all installed and take some pics.

The mirrors are one of those things I go back and forth on. I need to snap a better pic of them on the car so you can see the whole thing. But I paid 70 bucks for them already painted and shipped to my door so I had to try them out. Opinions are welcomed ?

The car is my daily so I don't have plans for power adders at the moment. I want to keep it reliable and predictable as much as I can until it's paid off and it can become my weekend track car. I am thinking about the track key though. Once my warranty expires

#9 ·
Got a package today from Steeda. It had my Panhard bar brace, g trac bar, lower control arms and the upper control arm bracket. I laid it out with some of my other parts like the adjustable UCA and adjustable Panhard bar that I got earlier. I was a little sad when I found out my rear x brace wasn't in the box because it's on back order :( but that's okay

Metalworking hand tool Auto part

Also I installed the Steeda transmission mount bushing last night and reviewed it in another thread I created. But it's pretty awesome and I didn't notice any added NVH

Electronics Technology Electronic device

Gadget Technology Electronic device Room Floor

#15 ·
Looks fantastic bro

#26 ·
Just went ahead and ordered a set of SHR flush mount quarter window louvers pre painted direct from SHR. Now I wait the 4-6 weeks :(

Good news is that these were basically a gift from the faulty car wash gods. I ran my car through a "touchless" car wash a week or so ago and a part of the car wash fell on my car, giving it a few light scratches on the roof and pillar. Car wash sent me a check for the repair estimate I sent them of 220 bucks. So I figure I can buff them out on my own and purchase these as a way to keep your eye from focusing on the scratches ?

Can't wait for this

White Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive design Car

#28 ·
Yeah these things are awesome looking. I love that they are flush. That pic is killer, it's of the SHR car.

Yeah the site says "can take" 4-6 sometimes they have certain colors in stock ect. So I guess we will see. I'm excited to get them. Install will be a ton o fun but if it was easy everyone would have em :)

#33 ·
^ thanks man. Yeah of all the 2014 colors it was my favorite. If I could have had any color I might have gone yellow honestly. But that's not for everyone. My second choice was black or silver with no real care of which one but my last vehicle was black and I was kinda over the dirty in 5 seconds after being washed black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.