Oxford5pointoh build thread - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:46 AM   #141
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
Yeah your neighbors will hate you to hahaha. You'll love these man. I can't believe the way you've made them look better than brand new. Amazing. The magnaflow streets have an intoxicating tone outside the car. Super mellow. And so quiet inside the car. But I think I'm deleting the cats for that little extra volume, but I'll still have the awesome sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I'm glad your liking the mags. I loved them too. They are going to sound amazing off road for sure. And they have such a beautiful design, those tips. Miss them. I can't wait to piss off the neighborhood. I don't like em anyway. Lol
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2015, 03:48 AM   #142
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
As long as they accept it that is all that matters

She does this at least. This is so true.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:50 AM   #143
Registered Member

Regular

Oh and here are the ataks both ready to go on the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430732959.219422.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	181778
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Gonna guess she will hate it as much or more than my magnaflows she actually made a comment the day I put my stock mufflers back on to do this trade. Something like "your car sounds better". To her quiet makes sense. Haha
Lol yep. I know all about that.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Oh and here are the ataks both ready to go on the car.

Attachment 181778
Nice. Makes me want some but I have the GT500 rear valance.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #146
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Nice. Makes me want some but I have the GT500 rear valance.

I heard they make a quad tip borla atak for the gt 500. That would be sweet as hell.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
As long as they accept it that is all that matters

My girl actually wants me to get an exhaust on mine.. She told me it's too quiet, so I HAVE to get one lol
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
My girl actually wants me to get an exhaust on mine.. She told me it's too quiet, so I HAVE to get one lol
What a *****! Tough life, bro!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I heard they make a quad tip borla atak for the gt 500. That would be sweet as hell.
I see them on AM for about $1,500.00.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-...k-13gt500.html

Old 05-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
S types are definitely louder at start up as some of the folks have pointed it out. However, they mellow down 5-10 secs later when your car is warmed up. Sound amazing driving around town, and wot is great!! No rasp, not overly loud or obnoxious when you step on it.. Just a perfect V8 tone IMO.

My guess they will sound more refined if you replace your stock H with a X.. Keep your cats instact

Quote:
Thanks man. Yeah I know it's kinda pointless but honestly I don't care what I'm doing as long as I have something to do. I am hoping to get these on tomorrow if I have the time. I'm sure they are going to sound amazing.

http://youtu.be/ayemxBdI0bc

How loud are the s types? I'm guessing they were about the same as my magnaflow streets were. Which I loved but sometimes just wished they were a bit louder. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my wish now.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

I'm here in short pump buddy.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #151
Registered Member

Regular

^ bazinga, good to know. I do already have a magnaflow true x pipe.

And the verdict is in after I just installed them with the help of DiEseven (moral support as well as finding us a place we could do it and make some videos). THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME. So loud yet not annoying. They look killer on the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430781689.367596.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	181833

I had a bit of a snag, I'm going to just admit my oversight and fall on my sword. I snugged them up too close to the bumper, then went and got crazy and melted the bumper a little bit. Barely noticeable and fixed the issue quickly. Oh well guess I have an excuse to get a boss diffuser now
Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #152
Registered Member

Regular

And a video courtesy of DiEseven and his mad go pro skills. (For the fans) 😎👊🏻

http://youtu.be/xoEw2bo8lYw
Old 05-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Sounds flippin awesome.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:18 PM   #154
Registered Member

Regular

^ I believe I will dream about that sound for a while. It's bad to the bone. And that's with resonators! Now I believe a trackey is in order so we can get some lopy idle 😵😵😵
Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds bad ***, man. Love the car. And lol at the random gto rev.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Also, when I look at pics of the gt500 spoiler on these cars it looks huge, but in that video it looks perfect. Example..

...looks too big to me. I'm torn. lol
Old 05-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #157
Registered Member

Regular

Well that's my stock spoiler in the video. Long story but I took the car to get it color sanded and buffed and the dude got a bit to buff happy and hit the old color (it was got to have it green before). So I had to pull it off and let him repaint it. So yeah. That's the dinky little stock spoiler on mine, but DiEseven has his on. They look awesome in person. I think the roush is my second favorite. And honestly if I didn't care about drilling the hole in the quarter I'd go with one.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Well that makes sense. Every time I see a 5.0 on the road lately I'm looking at the back to see if it has a gt500. I've yet to see one in person. From what I see in the pics, if the spoiler was an inch shorter it would be perfect for what I want.

And that sucks about your spoiler, my car got it's first ding/scratch this weekend. Jackass in front of me was hauling some heavy equipment covered in mud and apparently rocks. He hit a bump and some came off. I didn't know what it did until later that day but there's a noticeable spot on the door. I'll eventually get it fixed but I can live with it for now
Old 05-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #159
Registered Member

Regular

Oxford5pointoh build thread

I have seen the roush in person and it's dead sexy. Gt500 is as well. Just a bit different. But both are about the same size in my opinion.

And thanks about the spoiler. It's not a big deal, just pissed me off because this guy has no idea what an ordeal it is to get these things off when they are installed correctly. He was just like whoops well just take it off there and I will fix it, like it was as easy as wiping your ***. And he takes FOREVER to paint. Honestly, wish I had just taken it to a regular shop and paid more to have it done so I can get my stripes on! He doesn't realize he is holding me up! I've got big plans
Old 05-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have seen the roush in person and it's dead sexy. Gt500 is as well. Just a bit different. But both are about the same size in my opinion.
Yeah I really need to see them in person.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Man that sounds good! Glad u like then

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #162
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah I'm loving them. I have a feeling I'm going to lose some MPG as I can't seem to stop playing with the throttle. Thanks again for the swap. I'm very happy with them.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And thanks about the spoiler. It's not a big deal, just pissed me off because this guy has no idea what an ordeal it is to get these things off when they are installed correctly. He was just like whoops well just take it off there and I will fix it, like it was as easy as wiping your ***. And he takes FOREVER to paint. Honestly, wish I had just taken it to a regular shop and paid more to have it done so I can get my stripes on! He doesn't realize he is holding me up! I've got big plans

Sounds like a pain in the balls. My paint guy is like that too. Takes forever. Upside is the car is always detailed in and out and waxed when I get it back lol.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Whoa wait, stripes? I just caught this. What are you getting? I want a super snake stripe but I'm afraid of the cost.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Whoa wait, stripes? I just caught this. What are you getting? I want a super snake stripe but I'm afraid of the cost.
Strips aren't to expensive. It's the install that's expensive. Get it right the first time and be done.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Great build!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:52 AM   #167
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Sounds like a pain in the balls. My paint guy is like that too. Takes forever. Upside is the car is always detailed in and out and waxed when I get it back lol.

Yeah think I am going to go check on it today as a matter of fact. It's been 2 weeks 😑
Old 05-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #168
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post

Yeah I settled on silver. I was looking at big worm but gawd he is expensive. I ended up getting 2 sets from the eBay seller who sells stuff for AM. I got a super snake stripe kit and a 8" leman stripe kit. I also ordered 2 different 1/2" pinstripe rolls as I couldn't make up my mind on which color I was going to want. So i am currently playing with different custom configurations in my mind. Right now I'm thinking about using the super snake stripe off set and using one leman stripe next to it. Then accent it with one different color. Pinstripe of either red or blue. We will see. The super snake stripe hasn't arrived yet so I'm waiting to get that and set them on the car and start settling on a design. I just want it to be unique but not out of control
Old 05-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #169
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Strips aren't to expensive. It's the install that's expensive. Get it right the first time and be done.

Exactly why I do these things myself. I will take my time and I think I can do as good a job as any guy I would pay to do it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle4749 View Post
Great build!

Thanks man!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I'm talking paint.

Quote:
Yeah I settled on silver. I was looking at big worm but gawd he is expensive. I ended up getting 2 sets from the eBay seller who sells stuff for AM. I got a super snake stripe kit and a 8" leman stripe kit. I also ordered 2 different 1/2" pinstripe rolls as I couldn't make up my mind on which color I was going to want. So i am currently playing with different custom configurations in my mind. Right now I'm thinking about using the super snake stripe off set and using one leman stripe next to it. Then accent it with one different color. Pinstripe of either red or blue. We will see. The super snake stripe hasn't arrived yet so I'm waiting to get that and set them on the car and start settling on a design. I just want it to be unique but not out of control
I hope you have good luck with the vinyl. I've always heard it doesn't last the life of the paint so I won't go that route.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #171
Registered Member

Regular

I don't plan on keeping it more than I few years. I like the idea of painted strips but that's a big commitment. Plus I really don't want to spend 1500-2000 to get it done right
Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't plan on keeping it more than I few years. I like the idea of painted strips but that's a big commitment. Plus I really don't want to spend 1500-2000 to get it done right
I may be wrong but I would think it would cost more than 2k lol

But yeah, I understand. Might wake up one day want a change. One thing id worry about though is fading where the stripe isn't.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #173
Registered Member

Regular

It really depends on where you go I guess. Along with the complexity of the stripes I suppose.

As far as the fading goes, my car is white. So I'm not sure it would be very noticeable if it did. But I also park in the garage and if I go somewhere for a long period of time (and my car is clean) I have a car cover. So I'm not too concerned with it. Plus I don't live in the desert, I live in Va where I'm lucky if it's sunny 100 days out of the year. Haha.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It really depends on where you go I guess. Along with the complexity of the stripes I suppose.

As far as the fading goes, my car is white. So I'm not sure it would be very noticeable if it did. But I also park in the garage and if I go somewhere for a long period of time (and my car is clean) I have a car cover. So I'm not too concerned with it. Plus I don't live in the desert, I live in Va where I'm lucky if it's sunny 100 days out of the year. Haha.
Yeah it shouldn't fade if it sits in the garage.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol what part of VA? I lived in Chesapeake for a very short amount of time lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT