Thinking about a 5.0 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
The 5.0 will get into the 11's with a good driver, auto, tune, and some suspension work. Not much done to hit 11's. Just the tune, minor suspension mods, and most importantly, driver mod.
That is true. I want to be mid 11's without a drag radial preferably.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
And he's still way under STOCK 5.0 levels.
I'm no where close to stock 5.0 levels and never will be with bolt on mods. I know this. I'm not trying to be! I would need to super or turbo charge for those numbers and have no plans in the near future for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
The 5.0 will get into the 11's with a good driver, auto, tune, and some suspension work. Not much done to hit 11's. Just the tune, minor suspension mods, and most importantly, driver mod.
This is kind of my point. Most people see factory HP numbers and dont realize how much it power it is. Fun and Fast are 2 different things. A 450-500 HP car is more fun at the track but to me a 300 HP car is more fun to drive on the street. I had a LS1 F-body that was at around 450 HP and it got to a point where it just wasn't fun to drive unless I was racing it. I realize (especially by todays standards) my 300 HP car is far from fast but its fun to drive. If I ever get to the point where I want 450+ I'll sell it and buy a better 5.0 if I want to stick with a mustang.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Thinking about a 5.0

I found mine from a private seller 2014 gt base with 11,700 mi for $18,500 way better than the anything I could find at the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rrharley91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrharley91 View Post
I found mine from a private seller 2014 gt base with 11,700 mi for $18,500 way better than the anything I could find at the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
That's a steal. Great price.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #76
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
This is kind of my point. Most people see factory HP numbers and dont realize how much it power it is. Fun and Fast are 2 different things. A 450-500 HP car is more fun at the track but to me a 300 HP car is more fun to drive on the street. I had a LS1 F-body that was at around 450 HP and it got to a point where it just wasn't fun to drive unless I was racing it. I realize (especially by todays standards) my 300 HP car is far from fast but its fun to drive. If I ever get to the point where I want 450+ I'll sell it and buy a better 5.0 if I want to stick with a mustang.
Is that because you added stuff like a cam, maybe a 6 puck clutch or certain stall depending on transmission, or had too short of gears and too loud of an exhaust? People have to be careful what they throw on their car and how the end product will be.
Things that make it not fun anymore for me is when you walk on the edge of reliability while having a lack of funds to repair after a catastrophic failure.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
I'm certainly not an engine size snob, but ford really crapped the bed with the stock V6 gears and tires. The car looks pretty good and has great high RPM power, but it's not very peppy in normal driving and handles like poo!!!

I thought I could live with it, but when I hopped back and forth between my daily 08 mazda6I sport auto 4 banger and the stang, off the line I felt little difference. Obviously floored to 60 the stang would wipe the floor, but across an intersection at moderate throttle, the stang is just downright annoying on the lack of spunkiness.

My brother has a new (14 I think) Chyrsler 200 V6 company car and that thing is what I would describe as snarly mad out of the hole. It also handles better than a stock base V6 stang (which isn't hard). So really, unless you wanted just the looks of a stang or want to highway race, the 200 does everything else better.

Plenty of people are real happy with their V6 and the handling. My coworker has a 12 vert 6 and loves it, but to rip a kid as bad as you did for just asking a question, no wonder why he ain't come back since .
OP, I'm sorry for ripping on you. If I hurt you're feelings I do sincerely apologize.

I'll be the first to admit the 3.7 lacks a bit down low grunt with the 2:73 gears but the tires are no worse than the 18 inch factory GT all season P's.

Put 3:55 or 3:73 gears along with a tune and its a different car down low. $1,000 dollars for those two mods. The PP V6 came with 3:31 gears and my 11 3.7 handles just fine for me.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #78
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
OP, I'm sorry for ripping on you. If I hurt you're feelings I do sincerely apologize.

I'll be the first to admit the 3.7 lacks a bit down low grunt with the 2:73 gears but the tires are no worse than the 18 inch factory GT all season P's.

Put 3:55 or 3:73 gears along with a tune and its a different car down low. $1,000 dollars for those two mods. The PP V6 came with 3:31 gears and my 11 3.7 handles just fine for me.

I do wish I could ride in a V6 as you described. I always try to get the girl next door to let me spend her money to play with her v6.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
Is that because you added stuff like a cam, maybe a 6 puck clutch or certain stall depending on transmission, or had too short of gears and too loud of an exhaust? People have to be careful what they throw on their car and how the end product will be.
Things that make it not fun anymore for me is when you walk on the edge of reliability while having a lack of funds to repair after a catastrophic failure.
Again its all in what you want. My old Trans Am was streetable to some. The only issue I didnt really like was the stage 3 clutch got old at times but had zero reliability issues. I meant more its more fun redlining and beating on 250-300 HP then it is to have a 450-500 HP car and only use 30-40% of the power. Eventually I want to build another car like that but plan on keeping the V6 as a fun DD. Which is why I say a fun DD and fun track car are 2 different things.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Again its all in what you want. My old Trans Am was streetable to some. The only issue I didnt really like was the stage 3 clutch got old at times but had zero reliability issues. I meant more its more fun redlining and beating on 250-300 HP then it is to have a 450-500 HP car and only use 30-40% of the power. Eventually I want to build another car like that but plan on keeping the V6 as a fun DD. Which is why I say a fun DD and fun track car are 2 different things.
I cannot argue with your points. I guess part of why I think like I do now is because I drive a tundra everyday and the 5.0 only when it is perfect out and if I'm feeling it.
I would like to pay off the 5.0 in the next couple years and pick up a '13 or '14 evo x again for my daily. Something like that with stage 2 would be great everyday and fun for autox and then the 5.0 (hopefully with a blower and Aluminator) for those special days.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #81

Region: Canada
Quote:
Bro, what's to ask opinions on????? Its only worth it, if its that important to have 420 HP! Only you can answer that question! Your 3.7 and the 5.0 look very similar and to the average person, they don't care if you have a V6 or V8.

The average person is not going to care or be impressed with you having 420 HP over 305 HP. If 305 HP is not enough for ya then step up to the 5.0 and nothing to think about.

Asking someone if buying a V8 is worth it over a V6 is a silly question. That's an individual answer with a no right or wrong answer. Its an individual preference. The question you need to ask yourself is this?

Is a 5.0 worth it to me? Why do I want a 5.0? What will I do different with the 5.0 that I don't do with the 3.7? Will woman want my Johnson more if I get a 5.0?

My 69 year old father got a 2014 5.0 because he didn't want to get his balls busted about owning a V6 mustang. He will never come close to using 420 HP and he actually drives slow enough to drive Miss F-ing Daisey but he got the 5.0 because he didn't want to get busted on!

Bro, let's be honest with each other and the group. You regret buying the V6 because people are always busting your balls about buying a V6 mustang. Come on bro, let it out, come clean. I know this because I get my balls busted constantly from my fellow co-workers, friends and even strangers. People always saying " oh, you got a V6 mustang! " "Why in the world would you buy a mustang that's a V6? "

You regret the purchase because you had no idea how bad you were going to take a ball beating from people about owning a 305 HP mustang. Its okay bro. Us V6 owners have been there and are still there.

Being just 20, that's a hard age where you really value what others think and being the cool guy is just super cool. You owning a 5.0 would make you feel super cool like the other super cool kids so you should buy the 5.0. My father wanted to be the man with the 5.0 and a V6 wouldn't cut the mustard. Its like owning a motorcycle. You either own a Harley Davidson or the rest is a joke.

Kona Blue, think of the cars your 69 year old father must remember from his younger days before you question his motive for getting the 5.0 instead of the V6! I'm an older driver and I looked at a V6 that was beautiful but it just sounded sad. My old Crown Vic cop car sounded better. Our cars are chosen on purpose and for me, the embarrassing part was admitting that I wanted a Mustang at all! I'm happy everyday that I got over myself and got what I wanted.
CompactVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompactVic View Post
Kona Blue, think of the cars your 69 year old father must remember from his younger days before you question his motive for getting the 5.0 instead of the V6! I'm an older driver and I looked at a V6 that was beautiful but it just sounded sad. My old Crown Vic cop car sounded better. Our cars are chosen on purpose and for me, the embarrassing part was admitting that I wanted a Mustang at all! I'm happy everyday that I got over myself and got what I wanted.
I don't know what year crown vic police cars you drove but I have been driving police crown vics since 1998 and they have zero sound.

I'll give you that a modified exhaust system on a V8 sounds top notch but personally I think the 3.7 sounds really good with a full exhaust system. Not as good granted but still good and aggressive.

Please don't take this the wrong way but a factory exhaust system on a 5.0 is not impressive and doesn't sound all that good. The rumble is not all that impressive from factory.

Now remove the cats on a 5.0,and put on some Roush axle backs and its down right nasty sounding awesome. On a side note I think the 4.6 exhaust tone when modified sounds the best from all of them. The 4.6 tone is deeper and more aggressive sounding in my opinion than the 5.0's and certainly the 3.7's. When modified of course.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now remove the cats on a 5.0,and put on some Roush axle backs and its down right nasty sounding awesome.

You don't even need to remove the cats. Everything stock with just the Roush axle backs sound amazing. First mod that I did on my 5.0.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
You don't even need to remove the cats. Everything stock with just the Roush axle backs sound amazing. First mod that I did on my 5.0.
I heard a 14 5.0 with no cats and roush axle backs from a cold start and there must of been 200 heads turn and stop what they were doing. That tone was crazy!

Old 04-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to hear one without cats or with high flow cats. Love that Roush exhaust.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Im 61... 2014 GT premium...what can I say..that Coyote just makes me smile every time I start it..

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
dziba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I heard a 14 5.0 with no cats and roush axle backs from a cold start and there must of been 200 heads turn and stop what they were doing. That tone was crazy!

That's what I had on my first 5.0 with the roushcharger and I loved it 99% of the time. Only time I didn't was being heard across my entire tiny town at 0500 in the morning before work. I'm sure my neighbors loved it. I fight the urge everyday to change my Axlebacks to the roush on my new 5.0.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
I'd like to hear one without cats or with high flow cats. Love that Roush exhaust.
This is just resonator delete with Roush axle backs and it's about as loud as possible. My 2011 was like this. Bad thing is when you get on it, the police can hear you over a mile away.

Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
That's what I had on my first 5.0 with the roushcharger and I loved it 99% of the time. Only time I didn't was being heard across my entire tiny town at 0500 in the morning before work. I'm sure my neighbors loved it. I fight the urge everyday to change my Axlebacks to the roush on my new 5.0.
If you still have the stock mid-pipe on just do the axle backs. C'mon, you know you want to...
Old 04-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #90
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
If you still have the stock mid-pipe on just do the axle backs. C'mon, you know you want to...
Already got the stainless works longtubes and x pipe. Thinking of changing to h but all that stuff will have to wait a bit.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:15 AM   #91
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

These days, I would always steer a younger person to an upgraded version of a car with warantee vs modding a lower version of that car. The parts are way too expensive, and the dealers/manufacturers are way too picky now. They have plenty of time to get a second used car down the road to mod up.

I put 3.27's in my Capri less than a year after I bought it (new). Spiders went not to long after that and the dealer put new one's in. Rare that would happen today I'd guess. That would have been a cheap fix if I had to do it (or pay), but today you would most likely get a drivetrain warantee cancellation (excluding some extra oridinary dealer relationship) .

Never did get to drive the PP V6 when I was looking, could not find one that wasn't well over the price of a GT (and not local either), so I figured why bother. I suspect it handles much better than a stock GT, just from the wheels tires alone. I did have an opportunity to borrow a set of larger wheels with some wide NT05/555, 295/255 combo recently for my GT and even with those, I don't consider the stang a great handling car. The heft is always apparent. Owning two low weight (500+ lbs less than the stang), one very good, and one a phenomenal handler, I guess I'm just spoiled.

Even my loaded Capri was 3408 with me in it (160 lbs). It's a rickety old boat by NVH comparisons, but the lack of weight makes those old foxes better than they should be for what they are/were. Hope the next gen stang comes in much lighter, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #92

Region: South Carolina
I just got a 2011 GT 5.0 Premium manual trans with 8900 (no that is not a typo) for $24k from a local Ford dealer. Ford recertified the car so all factory warranty's run through 2019-2020. Awesome car, a ton of power at 412bhp. The only shortcoming would be the factory clutch and the cost of aftermarket upgrades. I had decided on a 5.0 Mustang 2011 our newer roughly 2months before I found this one and was just about to by one through carmax when I received an alert that a local dealer had just gotten this one in. The funny thing was or is the carmax GT I was going to buy was a 2011 manual, same price but it has 44k miles and would of come with no Ford warranties. So be patient, use some of the internet car finding resources so you'll get alerts when what your looking for becomes available. Absolutely love this Mustang!
garp01us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:04 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garp01us View Post
I just got a 2011 GT 5.0 Premium manual trans with 8900 (no that is not a typo) for $24k from a local Ford dealer. Ford recertified the car so all factory warranty's run through 2019-2020. Awesome car, a ton of power at 412bhp. The only shortcoming would be the factory clutch and the cost of aftermarket upgrades. I had decided on a 5.0 Mustang 2011 our newer roughly 2months before I found this one and was just about to by one through carmax when I received an alert that a local dealer had just gotten this one in. The funny thing was or is the carmax GT I was going to buy was a 2011 manual, same price but it has 44k miles and would of come with no Ford warranties. So be patient, use some of the internet car finding resources so you'll get alerts when what your looking for becomes available. Absolutely love this Mustang!
Great deal on that buy.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:11 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
These days, I would always steer a younger person to an upgraded version of a car with warantee vs modding a lower version of that car. The parts are way too expensive, and the dealers/manufacturers are way too picky now. They have plenty of time to get a second used car down the road to mod up.

I put 3.27's in my Capri less than a year after I bought it (new). Spiders went not to long after that and the dealer put new one's in. Rare that would happen today I'd guess. That would have been a cheap fix if I had to do it (or pay), but today you would most likely get a drivetrain warantee cancellation (excluding some extra oridinary dealer relationship) .

Never did get to drive the PP V6 when I was looking, could not find one that wasn't well over the price of a GT (and not local either), so I figured why bother. I suspect it handles much better than a stock GT, just from the wheels tires alone. I did have an opportunity to borrow a set of larger wheels with some wide NT05/555, 295/255 combo recently for my GT and even with those, I don't consider the stang a great handling car. The heft is always apparent. Owning two low weight (500+ lbs less than the stang), one very good, and one a phenomenal handler, I guess I'm just spoiled.

Even my loaded Capri was 3408 with me in it (160 lbs). It's a rickety old boat by NVH comparisons, but the lack of weight makes those old foxes better than they should be for what they are/were. Hope the next gen stang comes in much lighter, but I'm not holding my breath.
If someone can buy a 5.0 and not mod it during the warranty period, they have great restraint. Good luck with that, lol. I know there is no way in this world I could hold off modding a 5.0.

Heck my 3.7 was tuned at 5k miles so no way would I have the restraint with a 5.0 Especially when joining this forum and other mustang forums. Lol. Everyone talking about the awesome mods they have, no way could I resist.

God bless the person who can resist modding there 5.0 during the warranty or extended warranty period. 3 years or more of waiting, oh heck no. 😨

Old 04-12-2015, 05:24 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
If someone can buy a 5.0 and not mod it during the warranty period, they have great restraint. Good luck with that, lol. I know there is no way in this world I could hold off modding a 5.0.

Heck my 3.7 was tuned at 5k miles so no way would I have the restraint with a 5.0 Especially when joining this forum and other mustang forums. Lol. Everyone talking about the awesome mods they have, no way could I resist.

God bless the person who can resist modding there 5.0 during the warranty or extended warranty period. 3 years or more of waiting, oh heck no. 😨

The only mods I have done to my 14 GT is the GT500 AB and GT 500 OTA pipes and I did those only for sound. I'm not going to mod any part of the drive train while under warranty. My stock 5.0 has plenty of power for me.

As far as the V6 vs the V8, most people's perception is that the V8 is the performance model regardless of how much power it makes. My fiancee has a 2007 GT and while it only has 300 horses, it feels pretty strong and sounds like a performance car with the Ford Racing AB.

I had a 2004 Monte Carlo SS with a supercharged V6 before my Mustang and I did not consider it a performance car even though it had decent power.

For me personally, growing up in regards to performance type vehicles, the ones that had the V8 were the performance models and the ones that didn't were not. Other people's perception can be different.

Wayne
Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #96
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Believe me, it is tough, especially since I hate the way the auto over revs after you really get into it, 3/4 throttle or more, and then back out of it, way before it would shift on it's own. It's like it hangs up there for days, not knowing what it wants to do. I would not want any more power or have the engine tune changed at all, but as soon as I get trans tuned, by-by warantee.

Flip side is I'm knee deep in 331 stroker on my dads fox LTD, have Capri ripped apart doing heads, front mount IC, intake, etc, have 5 grand in mods sitting in attic for 03 EVO, 2001 boat trailer that has original tires/rotting leaf springs, 70 early bronco street rig that has 10 grand in it and still needs body work/paint. Another early bronco building a ground up rock crawler. Last thing I have time for is modding/fixing this 5.0
Old 04-12-2015, 06:42 AM   #97
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garp01us View Post
Yeah, you can get deals if you wait/look. Paid $26,9K for brand new base auto GT less than year ago. And that was the deep impact blue, of which there were only 3 base autos left within 700 miles from me. Could have gotten black manual for less than that, if I just wanted ANY new GT.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #98
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I've spent a good amount in mods, but nothing to the motor. A drop in K&N. That's it. Not going to void my motor warranty. But I won't have to wait 3 years. I already have 14k and I bought it new in October. Once I hit 60k trackey will be installed. And that's only going to be for fun weekends and the occasional car meet. Rest of the time will be the regular key. This car has enough power to keep me happy as is.

Now where have I spent money? Suspension
Interior
Exhaust
Exterior

Nothing that wouldn't have been done on any model.

V6 would according to you need me to void my warranty out of the gates to be happy by slapping a hot air intake on, tune, gears.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #99

Quote:
I don't know what year crown vic police cars you drove but I have been driving police crown vics since 1998 and they have zero sound.

I'll give you that a modified exhaust system on a V8 sounds top notch but personally I think the 3.7 sounds really good with a full exhaust system. Not as good granted but still good and aggressive.

Please don't take this the wrong way but a factory exhaust system on a 5.0 is not impressive and doesn't sound all that good. The rumble is not all that impressive from factory.

Now remove the cats on a 5.0,and put on some Roush axle backs and its down right nasty sounding awesome. On a side note I think the 4.6 exhaust tone when modified sounds the best from all of them. The 4.6 tone is deeper and more aggressive sounding in my opinion than the 5.0's and certainly the 3.7's. When modified of course.

Kona Blue the Crown Vics are all 2004. My mother in law has one, our youngest son has one, and mine is currently on loan to our teen daughter. I figured that they were such a good bargain that I would run a family fleet. I first started looking for a used Mustang from 05 to 07 because the wheels were a direct swap with all my Vics. I also was looking for a mustang that hadn't been modified. It took me about three years to figure out that that was never going to happen. The V6 that I looked at had been stored for years and its owner had gone to work overseas before he could start modding it. It just didn't sound good to my ears, but I have to admit that my Shaker stereo does so maybe its me
Old 04-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Kona Blue the Crown Vics are all 2004. My mother in law has one, our youngest son has one, and mine is currently on loan to our teen daughter. I figured that they were such a good bargain that I would run a family fleet. I first started looking for a used Mustang from 05 to 07 because the wheels were a direct swap with all my Vics. I also was looking for a mustang that hadn't been modified. It took me about three years to figure out that that was never going to happen. The V6 that I looked at had been stored for years and its owner had gone to work overseas before he could start modding it. It just didn't sound good to my ears, but I have to admit that my Shaker stereo does so maybe its me
What year V6 was it you looked at that was stored away for years?

Old 04-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #101

Quote:

I think it was an 07 but it was last summer and it was after that I realized that I wasn't going to settle for less than a gt and that finding a unicorn was more likely than finding an unmodified one. I've never bought a brand new car before, but last July I bought my 5.0 off the lot. I have no plans to modify my car, but I put factory studded tires on my 19" rims and drove it all winter. By the time I'm done my Oxford White gt's paint will look a lot like the Performance White of my Vic. LOL, but neither one's hit the ditch.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:23 PM   #102

Quote:

I was right about the year, but wrong about no mods. I googled Kitimat, Kijiji and mustang and its been listed again. For a while last summer, I must have had the entire provinces inventory of mustangs rattling around in my head.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think it was an 07 but it was last summer and it was after that I realized that I wasn't going to settle for less than a gt and that finding a unicorn was more likely than finding an unmodified one. I've never bought a brand new car before, but last July I bought my 5.0 off the lot. I have no plans to modify my car, but I put factory studded tires on my 19" rims and drove it all winter. By the time I'm done my Oxford White gt's paint will look a lot like the Performance White of my Vic. LOL, but neither one's hit the ditch.
Well good sir. That's a pony of a different color. 07 V6 you say?, Well no wonder you didn't like the sound and it was guiet as a church mouse. The 07 V6's and the 11 plus V6's are completely in a different league.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
Hey guys! This is my first post. I currently have a 2014 3.7L auto with the tech package(6.5k miles). Pretty much stock other than a roush axle back. I'm starting to regret not going with a used 5.0 manual. I was looking around at prices and it looks like the 2011 5.0 is going for around the same price as mine (with 40-60k miles). Do you think it would be worth doing? Would I be able to get a trade like that? What would the insurance difference be? I'm 20 years old, no tickets or accidents. Any inputs or opinions would be appreciated thank you! Attachment 179529
get the 5.0 it feels like a rocket
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #105

Wow, I didn't realize this post would get so much attention. To address the question of why I was (still am) considering another mustang is because I find myself wanting more out of the car. Honestly the biggest thing was making the personal mistake of getting it with an automatic transmission. I thought I would be happier with an automatic because this is my daily driver, but owning it now for over a year I've realized that I would much rather have a manual. I'm not saying that a manual transmission is the only good option, just personally I would rather have a manual. That combined with the terrible stock gears installed just has me wanting a lot more out of the car. I was pretty disappointed to find out that I couldn't get the tires to spin in a 300hp performance vehicle. And to address the reason I consider a 5.0 is not because I "get my balls busted" about owning a v6 or that I am trying to impress anyone. I have gotten nothing but positive comments on my car, it is all personal. I just love the sound of a v8, and obviously it is the better performance option. I would rather spend some extra money a month to have the power and sound I would be happy with than spending a bunch of money on upgrading mine and still never get that v8 sound. The 3.7 is an impressive engine, and I'm sure paired with the right gears and a manual transmission it could be a mean setup. I just think I would be happier with a 5.0. I am currently looking at a 2013 GT with manual trans.
iMustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT