Thinking about a 5.0 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 AM   #141
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd2016 View Post
I sold my 2014 V6 for a 2013 GT partially because of all the haters. But mainly because I missed the sound and performance of the V8 I used to have. The 305hp V6 is just as good as the GT 90% of time. Its just that 10% of the time when I wanted to drive hard that it let me down.
Not, me. I sold my 6er because 90% of time it is not even close to the GT. The low end torque and day to day drivability is night and day.

Ford hosed the average guy with a 6er and those 2.73's. Can't even get the factory 3.31 installed by dealer and get more than 1yr/12K warrantee on the rear. Also HAD to get tuner to fix speedo and there goes the rest of your warrantee.

If you really add it up (gear change by dealer $1180, tuner, $350, lack of warrantee, who knows 0-$3000????), the GT gets much cheaper comparatively.

Add in things like better wheels tires (yes stock GT tires not great, but they are livable, 1000 times better than stock 6er green mileage tires which I swapped out 2 weeks after getting 6er), much nicer stock rims, better brakes, higher resale.

Even the mileage was really only significantly better on the highway (4-5 MPG, semi rural was maybe 2 MPG)), and I just don't drive that many long trips on highway (and wouldn't want to in any solid axle stang, unless roads are perfect).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Not, me. I sold my 6er because 90% of time it is not even close to the GT. The low end torque and day to day drivability is night and day.

Ford hosed the average guy with a 6er and those 2.73's. Can't even get the factory 3.31 installed by dealer and get more than 1yr/12K warrantee on the rear. Also HAD to get tuner to fix speedo and there goes the rest of your warrantee.

If you really add it up (gear change by dealer $1180, tuner, $350, lack of warrantee, who knows 0-$3000????), the GT gets much cheaper comparatively.

Add in things like better wheels tires (yes stock GT tires not great, but they are livable, 1000 times better than stock 6er green mileage tires which I swapped out 2 weeks after getting 6er), much nicer stock rims, better brakes, higher resale.

Even the mileage was really only significantly better on the highway (4-5 MPG, semi rural was maybe 2 MPG)), and I just don't drive that many long trips on highway (and wouldn't want to in any solid axle stang, unless roads are perfect).
I'm not sure Ford hosed the average guy who bought the 3.7. Granted, the 2:73 gears are god awful and lacks low end torque; however with that said a $ 600 dollar 3:73 gear swap changes that. Don't take your car to a stealership to have a gear swap. Team up the gear swap with a tune for $400 dollars and huge difference. That's $1,000 dollars total for performance tuner and gear swap.

No where near the 7k to 7,500 dollar difference a Gt coats. You say the Gt tires and wheels are 1,000 times better. Sorry bud, gonna have to disagree with ya on that. The factory 18 inch wheels are not attractive and the Perelli tires $uck ball sack for traction on the GT when nailing it from a dead stop.

I'll agree the factory 3.7 wheels and tires are not awesome but let's not act like the Gt factory wheels and Perelli tires are a real catch of the sea and totally livebale but the 3.7 wheels and tires are not liveable.

I have had my factory tires on my 3.7 for the past 5 years and they work just fine. The tires rotate and spin around when I accelerate. 👍 Then again, I don't track race.

What do you consider long trips? I don't have any issues with my SRA pony and haven't had any issues with the ride quality on the trips I have taken.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #143
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ford didn't hose the 3.7L buyers, they gave them a great GREAT "budget" option for the Mustang that finally did not suck. Go drive a 3.8 or even a 4.0 and compare it to the 2011+ if you think Ford "hosed" the V6 crowd with the 3.7L. Hell, the Coyote is slow in stock form vs what it should be. Gears, suspension/tune with the sixxer and its a pretty quick car, at least as fast as the previous GT 3V.

Honestly sounds like someone is trying to justify taking more of a loss than they wanted trading up from a V6 to a V8.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Ford didn't hose the 3.7L buyers, they gave them a great GREAT "budget" option for the Mustang that finally did not suck. Go drive a 3.8 or even a 4.0 and compare it to the 2011+ if you think Ford "hosed" the V6 crowd with the 3.7L. Hell, the Coyote is slow in stock form vs what it should be. Gears, suspension/tune with the sixxer and its a pretty quick car, at least as fast as the previous GT 3V.

Honestly sounds like someone is trying to justify taking more of a loss than they wanted trading up from a V6 to a V8.
Amen man. You tell em sir. 😆

Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #145
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

I said they hosed owners with the 2.73's (especially autos). If they made a 3.55 or even a 3.31 the base gear, I might even still own my 6. I got it as a slightly sportier daily drive vs my Mazda6, it just got more and more annoying how much of a slug the 6er/2.73/auto is out of the hole.

Possible even a good tune may have woke up the trans and motor enough, but I already have 3 cars (2 now, just replaced Mazda6 with AWD Fusion), 4 trucks, and a boat not under warrantee.

Got my 6er @ Koons (not sure why everyone within 300 miles does not buy there cars there) for $19,200 and traded for $18,300 (so maybe $1500 loss with doc fees, and whatever, although I did drive it for a year), but the money on my toys concerns me little.

Never owned a 4.6 stang, so I can't comment on comparing a slow 6er to a slow V-8.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I said they hosed owners with the 2.73's (especially autos). If they made a 3.55 or even a 3.31 the base gear, I might even still own my 6. I got it as a slightly sportier daily drive vs my Mazda6, it just got more and more annoying how much of a slug the 6er/2.73/auto is out of the hole.

Possible even a good tune may have woke up the trans and motor enough, but I already have 3 cars (2 now, just replaced Mazda6 with AWD Fusion), 4 trucks, and a boat not under warrantee.

Got my 6er @ Koons (not sure why everyone within 300 miles does not buy there cars there) for $19,200 and traded for $18,300 (so maybe $1500 loss with doc fees, and whatever, although I did drive it for a year), but the money on my toys concerns me little.

Never owned a 4.6 stang, so I can't comment on comparing a slow 6er to a slow V-8.
I agree the auto with 2:73 gears was a dog out of the hole. $1000 dollars took care of that issue. Gear swap and performance tune. Still far less than the $7,500 dollar more price tag of a 5.0 if looking for better out of the hole acceleration.

Furthermore, you say the Gt has a higher resell value. Well of course it does. It costs more to buy new so of course selling used will sell for more. I paid $7,500 less for my 3.7 over a 5.0. Yeah, my 3.7 resells for less, it cost far less. It all equals itself out. This is not real deep.

Remember, you are now debating with the worlds defender of the 3.7 😆 The 3.7 is no 5.0 but bang for the buck, its a great performance deal.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The 3.7 is plenty fast, of course its not GT fast but granted I have beaten several stock GT's and I am completely stock performance wise. I believe when I do win at times it is because of the fact that mine is a manual transmission and that the V6 motor it self is a lot lighter than the GT's 5.0's. Know once the GT's hit their power band they will pull on me but still we would be neck to neck.

Most GT's I've ran were 2015's so I am sure their IRS don't help them in a straight away but I have no idea. I am still somewhat shocked that my little sixxer took them on to the point they stopped and ask what I have done to mine. I always just say "Stock V6 with 2.73's" and then they speed off. HAHA maybe a bit butt hurt? But they were always cool with me about it, true stang owners/lovers.

Now this one 2013-2014 GT (Auto by the way) spanked the crap out of me 2 out of the 3 times we ran. The one time I got him was during a 35 mph roll but we stayed neck to neck which to me did not count. His was not stock at all.

This was all done off road by the way....

Mostly for me I want that classic rumble. I want my beast to shake when sitting still. I want to be heard from a mile a way with a nice deep growl to back it up.

Yea a ghost cam tune will give my 3.7 that classic shake but the rumble is not there. My MAC's do a decent job keeping the tone deep and will growl under 3k but all of us 3.7 owners know that the raspy tone comes out after 3k which is where all of our power is at in the 3k+ band range. Fortunately for me I dont have the Pypes anymore so it doesnt sound like a fart cannon civic when in WOT. But my set up still makes me want more out of it.

SO to me instead of spending more money on trying to improve the sound (headers, H-Pipe, J-Pipes for the Rasp/drone) I would prefer to put that money towards upgrading to a GT.

It would be different if I just had money to do what I want with my sixxer but I don't. Money for a Tuner, H-Pipe, J-Pipe, Headers, Gears, etc....easily a few grand that I just dont have.

Unless someone knows of way to get the rumble from a 3.7, GT may be in my near future.

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If a 3.7 beats a 5.0, and is stock performance wise, the 5.0 driver doesn't know how to drive good.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Thinking about a 5.0

You need to run someone who knows how to drive

Don't be that guy that just pulls up beside a random car honks and takes off, then claims a win. Bc that's how I took that

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Don't be that guy that just pulls up beside a random car honks and takes off, then claims a win. Bc that's how I took that

The 3.7 is a 100% perfect match for the 3v stock for stock and mod for mod. With the upper hand being the 3.7

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
I know I ain't beating no 5.0 with my 3.7 unless the driver is unconscious. Ba ha ha

Old 08-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I know I ain't beating no 5.0 with my 3.7 unless the driver is unconscious. Ba ha ha

Some nitrous can get you there

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

I am being honest though guys. I have never not even once initiated a race with my stang it was always the other driver. I find that to be a lot more fun to be honest having them challenge me because they are expecting an old 3.8 V6 from the 90's. Chirp my gears all the way to third then call it quits. No need to go way beyond the speed limit just enough to show them that the sixxer is no slouch.

I dont know, maybe my car doesnt scream V6 even though it is and they think its a V8 or perhaps they do know its a V6 and dont want to gun their vehicles. But like I said it was mainly 2015 GT's so the drivers may have been just cautious waiting for the break in period on the motors to really give it 100%.

But take it as you will, I am not a Pro Driver by any stretch and I wouldnt even consider myself to have the whole "#DriverMod". I just enjoy powering through the gears.

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Some nitrous can get you there

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Until I come up against a 5.0 on nitrous. Ba ha ha

Old 08-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #155
Supporter

Thinking about a 5.0

I like my 2011 GT 18" rims... I haven't found another set that I really want. Wish they made the stockers wider!

I don't want to be a condescending but the newer Mustangs (11-15) I personally wouldn't not have a GT or greater. Sure the "smaller" ones are good with a few power adders (good to start with) but not having a V8 in a modern Stang just isn't for me. Not saying the smaller platforms are crap but they aren't for ME! (Me as in I, not Mustang Evolution).

You would have trouble giving me a 2015, GT or not.

Quote:

Yep, I was waiting for this to pop up^^^
Old 08-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #156
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I agree the auto with 2:73 gears was a dog out of the hole. $1000 dollars took care of that issue. Gear swap and performance tune. Still far less than the $7,500 dollar more price tag of a 5.0 if looking for better out of the hole acceleration.

Furthermore, you say the Gt has a higher resell value. Well of course it does. It costs more to buy new so of course selling used will sell for more. I paid $7,500 less for my 3.7 over a 5.0. Yeah, my 3.7 resells for less, it cost far less. It all equals itself out. This is not real deep.

Remember, you are now debating with the worlds defender of the 3.7 😆 The 3.7 is no 5.0 but bang for the buck, its a great performance deal.

There is no debating that you have no drivetrain warantee at this point, unless a relative works pretty high up at Ford. Most care more about their warantee, more than fixing fords shortcomings.

The 6 supporter always touts how much cheaper the car is to buy, but never acknowledges on the back end how much more desirable the 5.0 is (especially stock, since it didn't NEED any mods).

The older the cars get, the more that matters. It doesn't equal out, as no one will care about a V6 mustang 15 years from now (99% will be junkyard fodder), where as the V-8 will ALWAYS have value. This applies to even the crappiest of 4.6's, as that was the top dog volume produced mustang of it's year. It's kind of like the stock marker, does not make any sense some days. The 3.7's are pretty nice motors, but human nature will not value them at all when the cars are older, because an 8 was avail.

And I'm not dissing the 3.7, awsome power when in it's powerband, Ford just dropped the ball to be able to advertise 300 HP, 30 MPG. Mine would not even chirp the tires in first, and with all that gearing (even with the 2.73, overall first is like an 80s auto car with 4.30 in the rear or close) it has to Fords programming.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #157
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
If a 3.7 beats a 5.0, and is stock performance wise, the 5.0 driver doesn't know how to drive good.
I could see a manual, geared, 3.7 beat a bone stock GT base auto out of the hole if the guy was napping and then got too far into it, inducing a ton of wheelspin with those stock Pirellis. But eventually, HP will rule.............
Old 08-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
There is no debating that you have no drivetrain warantee at this point, unless a relative works pretty high up at Ford. Most care more about their warantee, more than fixing fords shortcomings.

The 6 supporter always touts how much cheaper the car is to buy, but never acknowledges on the back end how much more desirable the 5.0 is (especially stock, since it didn't NEED any mods).

The older the cars get, the more that matters. It doesn't equal out, as no one will care about a V6 mustang 15 years from now (99% will be junkyard fodder), where as the V-8 will ALWAYS have value. This applies to even the crappiest of 4.6's, as that was the top dog volume produced mustang of it's year. It's kind of like the stock marker, does not make any sense some days. The 3.7's are pretty nice motors, but human nature will not value them at all when the cars are older, because an 8 was avail.

And I'm not dissing the 3.7, awsome power when in it's powerband, Ford just dropped the ball to be able to advertise 300 HP, 30 MPG. Mine would not even chirp the tires in first, and with all that gearing (even with the 2.73, overall first is like an 80s auto car with 4.30 in the rear or close) it has to Fords programming.

The thing you forget is there is another segment of mustang buyers who just want to drive a mustang that don't care about performance as much. Those as the same people who make up a lot of the v6 sales now and the same people who will be the resale market.

And everything gets dated even v8 engines. Look at how cheap the 05-10 gts are due to the coyotes being out for a few years. Anyone who cares about performance will likely not consider one unless they really can't afford an 11+. And in a few years when ford comes out with a better v8 the same thing will happen to the coyotes just like ever other engine that is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #159
Staff
Regular
Staff

I don't think the Coyote will be overshadowed by another V8 for a long time. Even if the flat plane 5.2 comes out, bolt on Coyotes are in 11 second cars. Most ppl have no need to go even this fast.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I went from 09 4.0 to this 2012 3.7 and am very happy with it yes it has the 2.73s and changing them next yr. 305 hp is more than enough for me i don't race it so it's all good but i won't back down from one either. But the 5.0 is a awesome car so more power to the dude if he gets one. But All Said and done a Mustang is a Mustang so enjoy it no matter what it has under the hood.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no relative that works for Ford and I have been tuned since the car had around 5k miles. Wasn't too concerned about the factory warranty. My car is now 5 years old and my 3 yr 36 warranty has been long gone. But, you are correct. Had an issue arose I could of had trouble getting it covered during the warranty period. That's the chance I took. Wasn't too concerned about it.

As far as the 5.0 in stock format not needing any mods. Gonna have to disagree with you there bud. The factory axle backs suck with almost no rumble. The automatic's shift points are sloppy and horrible just like the automatic 3.7. The 3:15 gears are nothing to write home about with the automatic from a dig.

I would need several mods on the 5.0 to bring it to my standard. The automatics need a aftermarket tune. Need to put a full exhaust setup to include long tubes headers, off road H pipe, and aftermarket axle backs. Aftermarket LCA,s because the car has wheel hope when nailing it from a dead stop. Gear swap, 3:15 gears ain't my style.

New tires because the factory Perelli
tires suck for traction when nailing from a dead stop on a car that has the torque the 5.0 has. No mods my a$$$$$. Bull crap. My father has a 2014 CS and according to him you can barley hear the car when WOT.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
All this is very true. Coming from a 5.0 owner here. Except for the 3.15 gears, those are fine for the 5.0, maybe go up to a 3.31 at most with it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #163
Supporter

Thinking about a 5.0

Some people have to have quiet exhaust due to shut in neighbors..... Just saying....
The only modification that the 11-14 5.0 NEEDS(I'm talking 6spd manual, non PP, 3:31s) is really a shifter bracket and some rugged floor mats assuming it's a daily. Your right on the stock exhaust but again, shut in neighbors....
Also a 5.0 owner...
Old 08-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Get a manual 5.0. Problem solved. And if you want to be cheap and count every dollar spent on mods like 2011 kona blue, get some cheap used flowmaster outlaws ($100) .
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
Get a manual 5.0. Problem solved. And if you want to be cheap and count every dollar spent on mods like 2011 kona blue, get some cheap used flowmaster outlaws ($100) .
😉 cheap is my middle name.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #166
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Not according to that airbrush work lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Not according to that airbrush work lol
Welllllllll! 😆

Old 08-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Cool Bigger Ego, No More.....

Quote:

I DON'T THINK THE 5.0 IS MORE DESIRABLE! If the 5.0s don't need any mods, why is it 99% of them have made American Muscle and many other companies that sell Mustang Products RICH?

I didn't buy a V8, because MY Johnson is already big enough. Don't need the head on my shoulders any bigger either!

I have a lot of mods and I am still working on my car for me, No one else.

The 2.73 gears give me 19mph around the town and going and coming back from the American Muscle Car Show, 28.8 going and 29.3 returning. I didn't buy my car for mileage and I didn't care about the horsepower. I saved over $5,000 dollars to do what I want. I also have the "DREADED" Automatic Transmission. Works just fine. A lot of you V8 owners think because you have a V8, you can walk on water. If I wanted a performance car, I would have bought a Super Snake, and then looked down from the heavens to pee every now and then.

Hope to see you when I look down from the clouds OXY.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Thinking about a 5.0

^ I would piss on your super snake 😀

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #170
Staff
Regular
Staff

Some people like to go really fast, the Coyote is just better at that. I'm not saying the Cyclone is bad or that people who have one got the wrong car or whatever. And for 90% of the public a 300hp sports car that gets 25-30mpg is perfect.

But not ppl who are legit into racing or just want to get pressed back into the seat HARD when they floor it. Also not saying the Cyclone can't do that, but you are looking at a power adder that will bring the cost of the V6 in line with the Coyote and the Coyote STILL has way more potential.

To each their own. And only the stupid V8 owners think that they are invincible.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #171
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Two things I have to add here after reading this last page.......

Keep in mind that the current V6 has the same HP as the stock 97/98 Cobra did...........and secondly.......

There is simply NO WAY that the current stock V6, as good as it is, is going to beat a 435 HP/400 lb/ft of torque motor..............

The V6 is at LEAST a second (or two) slower 0 to 60....and at that speed that's between 88 and 176 feet....and THAT is a lot of car lengths, folks!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Two things I have to add here after reading this last page.......

Keep in mind that the current V6 has the same HP as the stock 97/98 Cobra did...........and secondly.......

There is simply NO WAY that the current stock V6, as good as it is, is going to beat a 435 HP/400 lb/ft of torque motor..............

The V6 is at LEAST a second (or two) slower 0 to 60....and at that speed that's between 88 and 176 feet....and THAT is a lot of car lengths, folks!
For 7,500 dollars more, the 5.0 better be faster than the 3.7 which it is. For $ 7,500 dollars more the car better give me foot rubs and vacuum my damn house. It better come with a nicer and more luxurious interior trim for that price. Which it doesn't. No leather seats, no power seats, no sync system, no back up camera, no upgraded radio system, no upgraded brake system. Ugly 18 inch wheels.

The base 5.0 interior is the same interior as my base 3.7. The biggest issue is I can't just spend 7,500 dollars and be done. I need thousands and thousands of dollars worth of apperence mods and performance enhancing mods for it to be satisfactory. The 5.0 is awesome and I'll get one someday and add it to my 3.7. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy my pony. 😉

Granted , I put 6k into performance and apperence mods onto my 3.7 its just about perfect for my style. 👍

Old 08-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I would piss on your super snake.... Now that's a deep and profound statement .
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 AM   #174
Supporter

You piss on a Super Snake you'll lose something below the belt... lol

If I could buy a Super Snake, I wouldn't (at least for a daily). Too nice of a car for me to have as a daily. After my 2011 5.0, I will get a 2012 Boss, after the Boss, it will be a 2013/14 5.0 (maybe California Special). Then pending new designs I might take a go at a 2025 Stang as long as she is an 8. I won't go below the V8 line.
Comes down to budget...
Old 08-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Thinking about a 5.0

Guess both of Yall have no clue on what I meant by saying "I would piss on your SS"

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT