Thinking about a 5.0 - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #176
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Guess both of Yall have no clue on what I meant by saying "I would piss on your SS"

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Maybe not... Could it be a wet shot? Could it be just simply win?
It's 1AM so I am having a hard time using the right keys at the moment.
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 02:40 AM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
You piss on a Super Snake you'll lose something below the belt... lol

If I could buy a Super Snake, I wouldn't (at least for a daily). Too nice of a car for me to have as a daily. After my 2011 5.0, I will get a 2012 Boss, after the Boss, it will be a 2013/14 5.0 (maybe California Special). Then pending new designs I might take a go at a 2025 Stang as long as she is an 8. I won't go below the V8 line.
Comes down to budget...
No such thing as too nice for daily driver. I would drive that sucker all over the place. Its a car. 😉

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #178
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
According to Kelly and NADA, clean retail value of an 11 base 6 and GT is a 5400-6000 difference (no options, 50K miles, clean or above average condition). So please STOP with the $7500. It's a 2 grand loss (plus extra tax, say another couple $100) for 4 years of ownership.

Even going out 10 years for the supposedly not worth anything 06 GT, there is a 3 grand difference in resale vs original 5900 sticker difference. And we all know ford only got that original extra money on the GT due to baby boomer nostalgia frenzy in 05/06.

Go out 30 years and a clean, mostly stock 86 5.0 Stang is worth 6-7 grand (easly half it's original price), can't give away a 6 cyl car, unless it is some absolute mint survivor...........

and yes, a person can be delusional about the desirability of the V-8 mustang (now or 50 years ago), telling themselves it's not true, but that is all it will be, pure denial.

As for the "Johnson" comments. It may be true for many 20 or even 30 years old's, that a fast car can "enhance" your image with your buddies, but after that, it's rare that any guy cares what the rest of the world thinks of them too much.

It's funny that those who think 5.0 owners bought it show off, themselves have a car that was only bought due to it's looks. Because the utility of a modern mustang as a daily car is USELESS.

Trunk opening is probably one of the smallest in existence. Car is foot longer than in the 80's, but ford somehow managed to make the rear seat footwell barely large enough for a 7 year olds feet. The front seatbelt is so far back you have to pratically get out fo the car to reach it. The handling of those green 215's is dismal (makes the Pirellies seem like road race tires), and the spring/shocks/swaybars are severly lacking (much worse than even the barely adequate GT). Horrible in the snow. Not even that fast compared to many of the new high HP V6 sedans out there (again, talking the version I had with 2.73/auto) down low in the RPM range where the stock auto 6 stang can't even spin a tire (yes, that IS an indication of power output, whether a person likes to acknowledge it or not).

Could have had a car that is useful and just as fast, but I guess the Johnson just wasn't big enough..............

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #179
Staff
Regular
Staff

^Kinda makes me want to look into a modded Magnum. Dyno 400+ to the wheels and can pick up a bunch of lumber from Home Depot on the weekend lol. Co-worker has one that is actually pretty nice. I think that was the years when Mercedes was putting a bunch of their stuff into the Dodges to try to make ppl by them and it didn't work but its still there haha.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #180
Supporter

I bought a 5.0 Mustang GT because I wanted one. If I wanted it so I could show off I'd have stickers, caliper covers, led lighting inside and it wouldn't be a V8, it would be a 3.7 or Eco....
Sorry but Dodge Magnum cars are ugggly. I rather have a Suburban with an LS3.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
According to Kelly and NADA, clean retail value of an 11 base 6 and GT is a 5400-6000 difference (no options, 50K miles, clean or above average condition). So please STOP with the $7500. It's a 2 grand loss (plus extra tax, say another couple $100) for 4 years of ownership.

Even going out 10 years for the supposedly not worth anything 06 GT, there is a 3 grand difference in resale vs original 5900 sticker difference. And we all know ford only got that original extra money on the GT due to baby boomer nostalgia frenzy in 05/06.

Go out 30 years and a clean, mostly stock 86 5.0 Stang is worth 6-7 grand (easly half it's original price), can't give away a 6 cyl car, unless it is some absolute mint survivor...........

and yes, a person can be delusional about the desirability of the V-8 mustang (now or 50 years ago), telling themselves it's not true, but that is all it will be, pure denial.

As for the "Johnson" comments. It may be true for many 20 or even 30 years old's, that a fast car can "enhance" your image with your buddies, but after that, it's rare that any guy cares what the rest of the world thinks of them too much.

It's funny that those who think 5.0 owners bought it show off, themselves have a car that was only bought due to it's looks. Because the utility of a modern mustang as a daily car is USELESS.

Trunk opening is probably one of the smallest in existence. Car is foot longer than in the 80's, but ford somehow managed to make the rear seat footwell barely large enough for a 7 year olds feet. The front seatbelt is so far back you have to pratically get out fo the car to reach it. The handling of those green 215's is dismal (makes the Pirellies seem like road race tires), and the spring/shocks/swaybars are severly lacking (much worse than even the barely adequate GT). Horrible in the snow. Not even that fast compared to many of the new high HP V6 sedans out there (again, talking the version I had with 2.73/auto) down low in the RPM range where the stock auto 6 stang can't even spin a tire (yes, that IS an indication of power output, whether a person likes to acknowledge it or not).

Could have had a car that is useful and just as fast, but I guess the Johnson just wasn't big enough..............

The 7,500 I have been stating was for a new base v6 vs a new base V8. Not used!

Old 08-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #182
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Well, OK then..........you are still not right. the difference for 2016 between base V6 and base GT is NOT $7,500..............it's $8,500!!

2016 Ford Mustang - Build & Price
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #183
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
This thread still isn't dead yet?

Buy what makes you happy people.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #184
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yes but it's never a out what makes YOU happy, it's about what ppl on the internet you've never met think!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Well, OK then..........you are still not right. the difference for 2016 between base V6 and base GT is NOT $7,500..............it's $8,500!!

2016 Ford Mustang - Build & Price
Dang! 👍

Old 08-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #186
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Dang! 👍
Did they raise the price of the GT that much for 2016, or lower the price of the base V6?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #187
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

and you are not losing much of that added cost even 4 years later when you sell it. Now IF you keep it upwards of 30 years, it will be worth 4-5 times more whatever a V6 goes for.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
and you are not losing much of that added cost even 4 years later when you sell it. Now IF you keep it upwards of 30 years, it will be worth 4-5 times more whatever a V6 goes for.
I don't have any interest in keeping a 5.0 or 3.7 for 30 years. I'll just buy a new one. I don't care about the resell value. Ha ha ha. I drive my stuff.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

I had my v6 for about 2 years. About every couple months I would start getting really bored of it and wantto mod it, get more pperformance out of it. With my GT now, I have yet to mod it much besides exhaust and I enjoy driving it everyday. I never say, man I wish it performed better let me buy more mods. The 3.7 was ok, but now a days honda accords and camrys have basically the same power Lol.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
I had my v6 for about 2 years. About every couple months I would start getting really bored of it and wantto mod it, get more pperformance out of it. With my GT now, I have yet to mod it much besides exhaust and I enjoy driving it everyday. I never say, man I wish it performed better let me buy more mods. The 3.7 was ok, but now a days honda accords and camrys have basically the same power Lol.
But the Accords and Camry's don't look as sweet as this. 😆 Even my 69 year old father has begun modding his 2014 CS with aftermarket axlebacks and pro cal tuner because it was in serious need and that's with a 425 HP car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440967368817.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	190345  
Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #191
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nobody keeps it for 30 years. I mean SOME ppl do but that's like 1% of people. And EVERYONE says "this is the one I'm keeping forever" and then it never is. Been there, done that.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #192
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nobody keeps it for 30 years. I mean SOME ppl do but that's like 1% of people. And EVERYONE says "this is the one I'm keeping forever" and then it never is. Been there, done that.

Budget allowing I'll keep my 2011 GT til death.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #193
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cheapo View Post
didnt you know? I love the silky feel when we are in bed together. . .

oops
You'll sell it at some point. But whatevs.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 08-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #194
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
My V6 is nicer than this thread.

Amazing how Ford managed to hide all the shortcoming during the test drive...ya got what you bought. I understand those who regret getting the V8 but to complain it's slow compared to the V8 and we got hosed? Well Duh it is slow compared to a V8, it just ain't slow. It is a reasonably fast car and for what Ford sells them for it's a performance bargain. If the V8 was 3K more I would have got one...I'm just cheap and didn't want to spend that much $ on a toy (even knowing when I sold I'd get a good bit of that $ back).

Old enough that unless I hit lotto/need to go to only one vehicle (it would be my truck)/total it it very well may be mine till I get hit by the bus.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:31 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
My V6 is nicer than this thread.

Amazing how Ford managed to hide all the shortcoming during the test drive...ya got what you bought. I understand those who regret getting the V8 but to complain it's slow compared to the V8 and we got hosed? Well Duh it is slow compared to a V8, it just ain't slow. It is a reasonably fast car and for what Ford sells them for it's a performance bargain. If the V8 was 3K more I would have got one...I'm just cheap and didn't want to spend that much $ on a toy (even knowing when I sold I'd get a good bit of that $ back).

Old enough that unless I hit lotto/need to go to only one vehicle (it would be my truck)/total it it very well may be mine till I get hit by the bus.
Well put sir, well put. The 3.7 is definetly slower than the current 5.0. As far as the 3.7 being a slow car, slow is relative and slow compared to what? If one is comparing the 3.7 to a 2010 V6, 4.6 then they are on equal grounds. The 2010 Gt has a V8 and our 3.7's are just as fast.

No argument there that the 5.0 is a faster stock vs stock car or mod for mod faster car than the 3.7. Of course it is. The car is 7,500 plus dollars more. I would expect something more for that price and faster would be one of those things.

The 5.0 is a higher level performance vehicle over the 3.7. Comes down to, how much speed and performance one wants and is willing to pay.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #196
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did................ (well, 29 and counting)

Old 08-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Working With Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
^ I would piss on your super snake 😀

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

You might but I am pissing down with the flow of gravity, you sir will be pissing upwards with gravity against. Still might get wet but you will wet first.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #198
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Thinking about a 5.0

Quote:
I did................ (well, 29 and counting)

That's awesome. Do you have a picture of the car?
We're at 21 years and counting.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:11 PM   #199
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That's awesome. Do you have a picture of the car?
We're at 21 years and counting.

Pick your poison.
Couple years back, but looks the same still...........

Index of /CAPRI/CAPRI
Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #200
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Thinking about a 5.0

Ah, the fox body Capri, those are getting rare aren't they? And it's a V8 so 👍.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #201
Staff
Regular
Staff

Those are cool as hell, especially the special body kit ones, I forget what they are called.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #202
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those are cool as hell, especially the special body kit ones, I forget what they are called.
ASC McLaren

DSC_0527.jpg Photo by fascat86 | Photobucket

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT