Tune - Lund Racing?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Tune - Lund Racing?!

Hey guys. Currently running a pre loaded 91 octane tune from my SCT x4 tuner... Yes I've heard it's a terrible tune, however I do notice a difference between this and stock by far!

I am interested in purchasing a Lund performance email tune. Who has run this Lund tune and what can you tell me from it?

Thanks guys!

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Borla S-Type Axel back, H Pipe, Drop in K&N filter
cnadz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Lund is a really great tuner. I run the 93 race tune and noticed a big difference in power. It's definitely worth the money!

2011 Kona blue GT.
kona stang707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona stang707 View Post
Lund is a really great tuner. I run the 93 race tune and noticed a big difference in power. It's definitely worth the money!

2011 Kona blue GT.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to just stay with a 91 or go 93 (well 94 here in Canada). Is there that much of a difference between the 91 and 93?

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not sure if there is that much of a difference between the two but hey if u have 94 go for it.

2011 Kona blue GT.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

May as well go big or go home right?! Thanks man

Old 04-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

I don't like my Lund tune. Butt dyno says the Bama tune makes more power and my idle gets kinda screwy sometimes on Lund.
iammclovin804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

First tune is just generic, you gotta data log a few times to nail it down. Do a few mins of idle log, then normal city driving, and 3rd log should be wot. Repeat it a few times with your updates tunes until Lund says otherwise. You can ask him to adjust him the tune in a way that your throttle opens up with less pedal % .. Aka more responsiveness

OP: look into AED. You won't look back, not that Lund isn't as good just personal pref here

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I was happy with the power my lund tune made. Considering I'm a 3v guy imma go with lito since he is the tuner guru for 3v's. In your shoes i would give lund a call
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all your input guys. I will look into both Lund and AED.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Side note, I think Lund does a ghost cam tune if you're into that as well... I'll be loading one on my bama x4 when I get it
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #11

My Lund ghost cam tune is awful too. They said its the same wot tune as the regular one but its slow as all balls.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona stang707 View Post
Lund is a really great tuner.
he isn't the only tuner at Lund, they just live off the name he's made for himself. could be his son or the other tuner over there, just sayin..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammclovin804 View Post
I don't like my Lund tune. Butt dyno says the Bama tune makes more power and my idle gets kinda screwy sometimes on Lund.
butt dyno isn't always right, take it to the track, trap speed will tell the true story

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadz15 View Post
Thanks for all your input guys. I will look into both Lund and AED.

absolutely reach out to Shaun, you'll be happy you did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My Lund ghost cam tune is awful too. They said its the same wot tune as the regular one but its slow as all balls.

Damn that sucks to hear. Does it give you any issues driveability/performance wise?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
he isn't the only tuner at Lund, they just live off the name he's made for himself. could be his son or the other tuner over there, just sayin..........

butt dyno isn't always right, take it to the track, trap speed will tell the true story

Will do, I have heard good things about AED, thanks man

Old 04-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang View Post
Damn that sucks to hear. Does it give you any issues driveability/performance wise?
Other than it being slow as hell no real issues. Cold idle is set at like 1300 rpms or some ridiculous **** like that though.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Other than it being slow as hell no real issues. Cold idle is set at like 1300 rpms or some ridiculous **** like that though.

By slow you mean the lope sound is slow, or it hurt your performance slow? Not too familiar with the tune
Old 04-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang View Post
By slow you mean the lope sound is slow, or it hurt your performance slow? Not too familiar with the tune
Hurt performance slow. I will admit the lope sounded great though.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
How are you getting hurt performance ? The lope is only set to trigger during idle. It has no effect once you touch the pedal.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
How are you getting hurt performance ? The lope is only set to trigger during idle. It has no effect once you touch the pedal.

Like I said earlier, they said the WOT tunes were the same but its a night n day difference between the cam tune and regular performance tune.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

So if I run a regular 91 performance tune it'll rip ?! Nvm the cam tune ?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Like I said earlier, they said the WOT tunes were the same but its a night n day difference between the cam tune and regular performance tune.

I run both cam and regular. Never saw a lick of difference. Nor do I comprehend how anyone will when the cam lope cuts off as soon as the car isn't at idle. It has no effect on the car after that point. Not calling you a liar, just saying not to portray it as a common problem.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It may not be him exactly but still they are quality tunes that obviously could have bugs from human error just as all tunes could.

AED is a great way to go too I have heard good things about both. The biggest reason I went with Lund is because my mom uses a Lund tune and so do May of her shelby buddies and they have gotten great results. Look around to see which would be what you want.

2011 Kona blue GT.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #23

Quote:
I run both cam and regular. Never saw a lick of difference. Nor do I comprehend how anyone will when the cam lope cuts off as soon as the car isn't at idle. It has no effect on the car after that point. Not calling you a liar, just saying not to portray it as a common problem.

I wasn't portraying it as a common problem. I said the tunes I got were garbage. I didn't say all Lund tunes were garbage.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It may not be him exactly but still they are quality tunes that obviously could have bugs from human error just as all tunes could.

AED is a great way to go too I have heard good things about both. The biggest reason I went with Lund is because my mom uses a Lund tune and so do May of her shelby buddies and they have gotten great results. Look around to see which would be what you want.

2011 Kona blue GT.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Same here no difference between the two.

2011 Kona blue GT.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #26
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Tune and 91/93

Sunoco in my area offers both 91 and 93.
The price difference is 0.02/gallon so you are saving 34 cents if your tank is bone dry.
I've only run 93 since I bought it.
I have the ford racing tune but haven't had it to the strip since it was installed.
I'll let you know what it does if your curious
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I wasn't portraying it as a common problem. I said the tunes I got were garbage. I didn't say all Lund tunes were garbage.
Did you datalog and send then to lund?
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by utm18 View Post
Did you datalog and send then to lund?
Nope. I don't have the time to do that nor the right conditions to. I paid $200 for their tunes and I expected to have no issues out of the box. I ran the regular performance tune for a week, then the cam tune for 2 or 3 days, and then went back to my bama tune. Also I averaged 17mpg with bama and 15mpg with Lund.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

REG is that the Track Key would like to know how you like it.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Tune - Lund Racing?!

Quote:
Nope. I don't have the time to do that nor the right conditions to. I paid $200 for their tunes and I expected to have no issues out of the box. I ran the regular performance tune for a week, then the cam tune for 2 or 3 days, and then went back to my bama tune. Also I averaged 17mpg with bama and 15mpg with Lund.

I'm no Lund nut swinger, but it's unfair to talk badly about their tunes if you didn't give them a chance to make adjustments off of data logs, I'm also not a fan of data logging on public streets, sounds to me like you need a dyno tune, but if you're setup is a tune only setup with maybe a cai, a dyno tune won't be money well spent. if you don't want to data log in public streets, maybe go to the track and do it, or do it on a dyno...........

Old 04-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #31

My main issue is I shouldn't have to data log. Seriously, how different can one car with full exhaust be from another car that I guarantee they've already done a tune for? And also, like you said, I'm not doing a WOT pull to redline on the street. That's just stupid.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:47 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
My main issue is I shouldn't have to data log. Seriously, how different can one car with full exhaust be from another car that I guarantee they've already done a tune for? And also, like you said, I'm not doing a WOT pull to redline on the street. That's just stupid.
Lol this logic is very flawed my friend. Climate plays a big part and no car reacts identical to another when it comes to mods.

This is tuning 101 that everyone knows
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Any other mods besides the tune?
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #34

If there's such a big difference why did I have 0 problems with the tune that came with my SCT?

Full exhaust + tune are my only HP mods.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #35
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak 14 View Post
REG is that the Track Key would like to know how you like it.
No I have a 2013 auto, it's the ford racing procal.
I plan on having it tuned in 2016 by roush in Richmond va, they are to be the "bomb" when it comes to auto's
REG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT