Loudest exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Loudest exhaust

Hello im looking to upgrade my exhaust on my 5.0 i currently have flowmasters just the mufflers. But i want something louder. The type where my neighbors will complain in the morning lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
4.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 12:09 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Loudest exhaust

Longtubes, resonator delete, cat delete, x pipe, Roush axelback, that will cause a little ruckus...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What about the pypes bomb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Longtubes, resonator delete, cat delete, x pipe, Roush axelback, that will cause a little ruckus...

Adventure till you drop
That will wake the dead
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Adventure till you drop

Forgot side pipes
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just an off road x and roush axlebacks and the neighbors are already complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #7

Roush exhaust is the loudest axel back I've heard, at least for the v6
black2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.slow View Post
What about the pypes bomb

I have them, with an X-pipe. My neighbor doesn't complain...but his wife does. She can hear me start it in the morning....in my garage. He uses it to know when to walk his kids to the bus stop. Resonator delete, and cat delete would make it obnoxious loud. I am about to put Corsa on it and sell the pype bombs. They have too much drone for me.

D
2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Adventure till you drop
There is a guy who runs that locally on his '13 (Borla long tubes, no cats, no resonators, Roush catback). He was banned from any event using an SCCA rulebook due to noise violation (103.5 db A at 50 feet) until he can pass the sound requirement (100 db A at 50 feet).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
There is a guy who runs that locally on his '13 (Borla long tubes, no cats, no resonators, Roush catback). He was banned from any event using an SCCA rulebook due to noise violation (103.5 db A at 50 feet) until he can pass the sound requirement (100 db A at 50 feet).

You know it's bad when you are banned from a race event for your exhaust being too loud
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have Pypes off road H pipe and pype bombs... mine pretty much all wake up by 7am when I leave whether they want to or not lol.

https://youtu.be/pQ-MR2VEiTs
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post

Isn't the thread called loudest exhaust, which that set up is up there with ataks and straight pipe...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Don't forget to slap a Harley-Davidson emblem on it somewhere. I think that gives you 6 or 7 more dB at least.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I Roush A/B with an off road H-pipe and its pretty damn loud and you get a pretty deep muscle car tone with it as well
Old 04-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. But with an off road x pipe i won't pass smog right ? Do i even need smog on a 14 gt?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Loudest exhaust

It depends where you live. If you live in a populated area where they do inspections, some do visual check, if don't you have cats, you'll not pass. If you hollow out the cats, with a visual check you'll pass. If they check your emissions with no or hollowed cats you will not pass...
And in Cali. the emissions are strict, so if you live there I'd keep the cats on, and make sure there Cali. emissions cats and not federal emissions cats...
I do this for a living, and we've had customers, very determine to try and get around their state's emission laws. So we know what works and what doesn't...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota

click me
Roush ab, longtubes, o/r xpipe, still has resonators. Oh and a blower.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It depends where you live. If you live in a populated area where they do inspections, some do visual check, if don't you have cats, you'll not pass. If you hollow out the cats, with a visual check you'll pass. If they check your emissions with no or hollowed cats you will not pass...
And in Cali. the emissions are strict, so if you live there I'd keep the cats on, and make sure there Cali. emissions cats and not federal emissions cats...
I do this for a living, and we've had customers, very determine to try and get around their state's emission laws. So we know what works and what doesn't...

Adventure till you drop
Do you know what the NOVA area does, like fairfax, Alexandria, that area?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:

Adventure till you drop
That's why I stay the hell out of that hellhole. The good thing is there are rarely any jobs there that I would like so I am rarely let down lol.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Loudest exhaust

Most of the laws vary from state to state. There's just so many variables to consider, which this might somewhat answer your question...
I live in KY, my town isn't required to do emissions inspections (Population 31K+). Now being my states population is around 4.7 million, most of the cities are not required to do emissions. But our largest city, Louisville, is required to do emissions inspections, population in the area of 1 million. Now the reason it varies state to state is the population differences. In more densely populated states, naturally the laws could be more strict. So, smaller densely populated states like, Massachusetts, would have stricter emissions laws than a state like Wyoming. Which large cities and surrounding metropolitan areas in less populated states could be required to do emissions inspections, most likely visual inspections, like Louisville. Now states like California, New York, Florida, and Texas could have emissions inspections, most likely actual emission testing, in their larger cities, and visual inspections,in their lower populated cities do to the state's dense population. Some states might require their cities large and small to do emissions testing, like California, due to its very dense population. Thus, California has its own special converters...
Now you should be able to find out if your state requires emissions inspections. You could most likely find out just googling your state's emission laws, if they even have any, I'm pretty sure Wyoming doesn't require inspections in any city. And if your state does require inspections, I've already given you ways to get around the inspections...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Do you know what the NOVA area does, like fairfax, Alexandria, that area?
They run sniffers in NOVA, so cats are not optional for you. Anywhere else in Virginia, it is just a visual inspection, or a palmed fifty away from passing state inspection (you are still federally non-compliant, but only in NOVA will they test your emissions).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Long tube header, catless midpipe and flowmaster outlaws. I just recently heard this combination and it was extremely loud.

litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not sure if you want the classic deep tone of and h or the more raspy tone of an x pipe. But I will say my pype bombs alone are very deep and loud on cold start and when I step on it. But cruising you can barely hear them. I am about to pull the trigger on a cat delete while keeping the stock h, resonators, and pype bombs(which have resonated tips) on. I'm hoping this will help with the rasp and just keep it on the deep side with added volume. I'll be sure to record a before and after cold start video and cruising ones if you'd like to see them.
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I am in NOVA and have an off road pipe. When emissions time comes at the end of August I will slap the stock pipe back on and change the tune. In the mean time I will enjoy a good summer of racing and a good sound combined with my GT500 mufflers.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post
I'm not sure if you want the classic deep tone of and h or the more raspy tone of an x pipe. But I will say my pype bombs alone are very deep and loud on cold start and when I step on it. But cruising you can barely hear them. I am about to pull the trigger on a cat delete while keeping the stock h, resonators, and pype bombs(which have resonated tips) on. I'm hoping this will help with the rasp and just keep it on the deep side with added volume. I'll be sure to record a before and after cold start video and cruising ones if you'd like to see them.
I have no idea how you think pype bombs are quiet at cruising. Mine drone so loud at 2000 rpm you can't hardly hear yourself think. The X pipe made it slightly better but still pretty terrible. Going to be putting Corsa on it in the near future.

D
2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

If you have a cool place you slip the guy doing the inspection a 20 and he will pass it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
If you have a cool place you slip the guy doing the inspection a 20 and he will pass it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Haha this^ or all of your friends work at dealerships to get you the hookup

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihasfip View Post
I have no idea how you think pype bombs are quiet at cruising. Mine drone so loud at 2000 rpm you can't hardly hear yourself think. The X pipe made it slightly better but still pretty terrible. Going to be putting Corsa on it in the near future.

D

I totally agree with you on the drone in the 2000-2200 range. I was referring to when you are above and below it. I'm usually at 2500 on the highway. When you are out of the drone zone and not getting on it, then they are fairly quiet
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #29

Region: Tennessee
I have stainless works long tubes, off road x pipe straight piped to roush axle backs, it's insanely loud but I love it

Clutch down. Rev up. Set free.
wes5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Go with some straight pipes lol
Old 04-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight92 View Post
Go with some straight pipes lol
There is someone who lives close by who has a Mustang GT with muffler delete pipes and O/R pipe....that's freaking LOUD!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hctr154 View Post
There is someone who lives close by who has a Mustang GT with muffler delete pipes and O/R pipe....that's freaking LOUD!

Ive thought about doing straight pipes but it just doesnt sound right with my V6. But they are ungodly loud lol
Old 04-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight92 View Post
Ive thought about doing straight pipes but it just doesnt sound right with my V6. But they are ungodly loud lol
Straight pipes never sound good honestly
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Straight pipes never sound good honestly
Couldn't agree with you more. That car I mentioned sounds like doo-doo!

Old 04-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Loudest exhaust

This the only car that I've heard in person that sounds good. Which it has an x pipe and long tubes dumping into side exhaust...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1429225709.502932.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	180190
He was about the only likable Camaro owner in my town...
Nearly bought that car, well if I did I wouldn't be on this forum, if you get my meaning...

Adventure till you drop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust