Affording your gt - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #106
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
It's not just what you can afford, it's what you're comfortable with. I know this is a GT thread, but I got my '13 v6 for a steal when the new body styles became available. I actually went there to look at them and after seeing a '15 in person liked the older style better.

Just because you have enough for the payment every month doesn't mean you can afford the car. I could have bought a GT500, but I like to take a vacation once a quarter and I would have probably given those up. I also enjoy new clothes once in a while, eating out, and mods on my current vehicle. If I had gotten the most I could afford, I would probably just be replacing tires once a year and nothing else.

Not to sound like a broken record, but enjoy what you have, stay in school, and save!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #107
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
It's not just what you can afford, it's what you're comfortable with. I know this is a GT thread, but I got my '13 v6 for a steal when the new body styles became available. I actually went there to look at them and after seeing a '15 in person liked the older style better.

Just because you have enough for the payment every month doesn't mean you can afford the car. I could have bought a GT500, but I like to take a vacation once a quarter and I would have probably given those up. I also enjoy new clothes once in a while, eating out, and mods on my current vehicle. If I had gotten the most I could afford, I would probably just be replacing tires once a year and nothing else.

Not to sound like a broken record, but enjoy what you have, stay in school, and save!

Exactly what I did with my Roush, 6 years old, at the time, got it for a great price when I bought it, now getting ready to buy a second Roush, again for a great deal...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post

I have said the same thing. Just because one can afford a certain item, doesn't mean someone is willing to spend the money for that item. I earn just over $ 31 hour. My overtime rate is $46.50. My job has plenty of overtime opportunities and one could easily work 10-20 hours week overtime if one desired too.

If I wanted to work my life away I could easily work 50 too 60 hours week so I could afford a Gt500 or decked out 5.0 but its just not that important to me. I have a house, wife, 13 and 10 year old children along with a dog. I want to be with my family more than I want those other things. We like taking yearly vacations, like my mini camping weekend trips with my son and some home improvements that's needed.

Its just all about what's important too an individual person. No right and no wrong answer. If I were a full time college student and 20 years of age, the last thing I would be worried about is buying a 5.0. Especially if I had a brand new beautiful 2014 3.7.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
this ^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT