Car audio help, no idea what im doing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Car audio help, no idea what im doing

I have a base 13' gt, im thinking about adding my home speaker(just the speakers) to my car
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi6ek191v7...03936.jpg?dl=0
or a speaker system like this
Scosche Full Range Speaker System with Two 6.5" Woofers - Walmart.com.

I saw this tutorial but not very clear

Do unplug the rear factory speaker wires and plug the above speaker wires to it?
Will it fry my head unit? drain my battery?
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Man, those are both bad options. If you wire either of those up to the head unit it's gonna sound worse than factory.

You're gonna have to spend a few hundred bucks for the proper equipment.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Lol ****ing ghetto as hell.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Lol ****ing ghetto as hell.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
indeed lmao, but not too bad. Just couple speakers in the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Man, those are both bad options. If you wire either of those up to the head unit it's gonna sound worse than factory.

You're gonna have to spend a few hundred bucks for the proper equipment.
I dont want to spend few hundreds lol, i dont blast my music often but i would like to know why you said it will sound worse. Btw im hooking it up to the trunk speakers only.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Don't ghetto mod your car.

1. Indoor/home audio speakers for some reason are often 4 or 8 ohms, where automobile speakers are often 2 or 4 ohms. Big difference in resistance and can fry your amp/head unit.

2. Its going to look like shlt.

3. See 1 & 2.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Don't ghetto mod your car.

1. Indoor/home audio speakers for some reason are often 4 or 8 ohms, where automobile speakers are often 2 or 4 ohms. Big difference in resistance and can fry your amp/head unit.

2. Its going to look like shlt.

3. See 1 & 2.
lol, i have already changed out my door speakers but rear speakers and head unit is a pain in the A. Is there a way around this? I dont want to spend few hundred dollars when i can spend it on suspension mods.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The rear deck speakers can't be that hard to replace look up a video on how to remove. Also you drive a practically new car and don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars? If you were on such a tight budget I would have gone with an older car.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
The rear deck speakers can't be that hard to replace look up a video on how to remove. Also you drive a practically new car and don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars? If you were on such a tight budget I would have gone with an older car.

Rollin' in my 5.0
I have seen the installation before when i put my door speakers in, also i just dont feel worth the few hundred dollars to redo my audio system. I dont blast my music, actually i have my music on quite low. I listen to my exhaust for the most part but theres times i want to blast it. Lol where did you get the idea im on a tight budget? I bought it brand new when i was 21 with my own money and i still had money lefted over. Just because i got money also doesnt mean i spend it carelessly lol
Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
2005-2013 Mustang Kicker CS Speaker Upgrade Kit CS68
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
I have front speaker replaced, im thinking i should just add a amp.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
I have seen the installation before when i put my door speakers in, also i just dont feel worth the few hundred dollars to redo my audio system. I dont blast my music, actually i have my music on quite low. I listen to my exhaust for the most part but theres times i want to blast it. Lol where did you get the idea im on a tight budget? I bought it brand new when i was 21 with my own money and i still had money lefted over. Just because i got money also doesnt mean i spend it carelessly lol

Idk man I just find it amusing when people buy a brand new car and then put cheap crap in them. But hey its your car do what makes you happy... Also I would consider buying crap over quality parts careless... But once again it's your money and your choice.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Idk man I just find it amusing when people buy a brand new car and then put cheap crap in them. But hey its your car do what makes you happy... Also I would consider buying crap over quality parts careless... But once again it's your money and your choice.

Rollin' in my 5.0
lol no comment
Old 04-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
You don't need the speakers in the rear deck. If you're not after deeper bass then just add an amp to the door speakers and it will sound much better and cleaner.

If I were you and looking to do something cheap, I'd buy a small amp for the doors and maybe a loaded sub for the trunk, like an 8" sub. Would sound great and not cost much.

But agree with the other guy. Home speakers in the trunk..
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT