Ford Racing P Springs vs K springs Handling - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
DylanWhisnant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 26
Ford Racing P Springs vs K springs Handling

Will there be any difference in handling of the 2 or will they be equal in terms of handling when paired with FR adjustable struts. Thanks


2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
DylanWhisnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2015, 05:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
The k's are 1.5 f&r while the p's are 1" f&r. They're both progressive. The k's are a tad stiffer rates I believe. I had p's on my last 5.0 with the FRPP adjustable handling package and they were perfect. Nice ride but still a small improvement in handling characteristics of the car. You will like them if you're looking a 1" drop all around.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
DylanWhisnant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
The k's are 1.5 f&r while the p's are 1" f&r. They're both progressive. The k's are a tad stiffer rates I believe. I had p's on my last 5.0 with the FRPP adjustable handling package and they were perfect. Nice ride but still a small improvement in handling characteristics of the car. You will like them if you're looking a 1" drop all around.

How was the handling pack? Would it handle better with k springs? Not sure which I want. I feel like k springs would make the shocks wear quicker


2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
DylanWhisnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanWhisnant View Post
How was the handling pack? Would it handle better with k springs? Not sure which I want. I feel like k springs would make the shocks wear quicker


2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
If you go with the handling pack with the FRPP struts/shocks, they will be valves for those springs and should last just fine.

I felt like it handled pretty damn nice but I never competed with it or anything to put them to their limits. They were nice running through the hills at a pretty considerable pace however. They were livable on the street and not much worse than factory in terms of ride quality. They're progressive so they're meant to be nicer riding as opposed to linear springs.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DylanWhisnant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
If you go with the handling pack with the FRPP struts/shocks, they will be valves for those springs and should last just fine.



I felt like it handled pretty damn nice but I never competed with it or anything to put them to their limits. They were nice running through the hills at a pretty considerable pace however. They were livable on the street and not much worse than factory in terms of ride quality. They're progressive so they're meant to be nicer riding as opposed to linear springs.

How did you do your alignment? I planned on installing that kit and then just taking it to ford and having them deal with the alignment. That's what Ford Racing told me to do


2013 Mustang GT Brembo, BMR LCA with Relo Brackets, UCA with mount, Panhard bar, Ford Racing Trackcal Tune, Borla S Type Catback Exhaust, K and N Air filter, 275 MPSS tires
DylanWhisnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
Any competent shop can align it.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Racing handling pack BigP0314 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 05-19-2013 11:22 AM
Ford Racing Handling Pack SolidRRaxle 2011-2014 Mustang GT 25 11-28-2012 02:11 PM
Ford Racing Handling Package. NewMtang 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 10-02-2012 11:43 AM
Ford racing handling pack tea84 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 02-20-2012 09:26 AM
Ford Racing Handling Pack Delivered avengnd 2011-2014 Mustang GT 17 01-09-2012 07:00 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:18 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.