Axle camber deflection information - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Axle camber deflection information

I know that this is a strange question, but what is generally considered to be normal in terms of the camber on each side of the axle? The reason that I ask is that when setting my alignment before an event this week, the laser rack notified me that I had -0.2 degrees of camber on the back left, and -0.3 degrees of camber on the back right.

The reason that I worry is that one of the venues that I frequent for local level practice before a larger event is extremely rough (as in a Z06 had a shock go through the shock tower, and an Audi lost two tires and a wheel to an expansion joint that had become quite a bit less than level), and I am wondering if my 8.8 is starting to deflect where the tubes enter the center case.

Unfortunately, it appears that I am not allowed to weld my tubes in to the center, or run an axle reinforcement tool such as a swarr bar due to the rule book limits on lateral chassis stiffening devices.
2014 Mustang V6-Built to run TTB, CAM-C, and ESP

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT