Mustang Evolution Forum banner

V2 tune and throttle lag

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  ninjamatic 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the V2 tune from Bama eliminate throttle lag?

#5 ·
Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.

#6 ·
Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex

I'll let you know my first impressions tomorrow evening. My bama tuner will be in tomorrow. :smile:))
Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

#7 ·
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex

Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Actually haven't had the chance to experience any thing yet. Going to the track in a couple of weeks.On the street it feels fine. but so did my stock tune. Mine is an automatic. One question though, if I do a datalog how long do I let it record. Do I just run it for a pass at the track or???

#8 ·
Ok so I just loaded my bama v2 race tune!

Initial impressions.

Drivability. It's just like stock when you want to putt around in like normal! Which to me that's a great relief! I can just keep the race tune loaded all the time! I was afraid of a touchy gas pedal but it's not anything to be worried about! But with that being said the throttle lag was definitely improved!

As far as the power I didn't get to launch bc of all the rain we are getting down here in Louisiana right now, but I did do a few third gear pulls and it definitely pulls harder!

I can't wait for some dry roads to do a zero to 60 pull!

Hey Bama guys should I do a data log and send it in? Do you think there might be some tweaks that need to be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.