V2 tune and throttle lag - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
V2 tune and throttle lag

Anyone know if the V2 tune from Bama eliminate throttle lag?
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Did for me
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
primemover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
I'll let you know my first impressions tomorrow evening. My bama tuner will be in tomorrow. ))


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primemover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Warfordsburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 152
Never had one but Bama big diff.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Anyone know if the V2 tune from Bama eliminate throttle lag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
I'll let you know my first impressions tomorrow evening. My bama tuner will be in tomorrow. ))
Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex



Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Actually haven't had the chance to experience any thing yet. Going to the track in a couple of weeks.On the street it feels fine. but so did my stock tune. Mine is an automatic. One question though, if I do a datalog how long do I let it record. Do I just run it for a pass at the track or???
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
primemover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Ok so I just loaded my bama v2 race tune!

Initial impressions.

Drivability. It's just like stock when you want to putt around in like normal! Which to me that's a great relief! I can just keep the race tune loaded all the time! I was afraid of a touchy gas pedal but it's not anything to be worried about! But with that being said the throttle lag was definitely improved!

As far as the power I didn't get to launch bc of all the rain we are getting down here in Louisiana right now, but I did do a few third gear pulls and it definitely pulls harder!

I can't wait for some dry roads to do a zero to 60 pull!

Hey Bama guys should I do a data log and send it in? Do you think there might be some tweaks that need to be done?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primemover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
primemover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Oh yea and my fan runs a lot more I'm guessing this is normal?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primemover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
My fans are on more too. But I like that. Cooler is good.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
Hopefully will have mine soon. I was a dummy yesterday and forgot to copy/paste my list of mods and it was too late to call after I submitted the info

I has the dumb.
__________________
Video Game Developer | PS4, PC
2014 GT Premium Track Pack | Sterling Gray
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #12
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Actually haven't had the chance to experience any thing yet. Going to the track in a couple of weeks.On the street it feels fine. but so did my stock tune. Mine is an automatic. One question though, if I do a datalog how long do I let it record. Do I just run it for a pass at the track or???
Bodon - Understood - Give it some time for the tune to learn and mix up the tunes a little bit just to get a better idea of how they'll react in different environments - I would suggest the Race tune maybe on a weekend - It's inherently more aggressive/sensitive so it's not necessarily something I would recommend for bumper to bumper traffic.

In regards to the datalogging depending on what Bama is going to request they may have you do this but it's typically cruising, wide open throttle, or idle to see how the vehicles reacting to it - All of our Mustangs despite looking the same are different underneath and they'll all make power differently. Keep me in the loop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
Ok so I just loaded my bama v2 race tune!

Initial impressions.

Drivability. It's just like stock when you want to putt around in like normal! Which to me that's a great relief! I can just keep the race tune loaded all the time! I was afraid of a touchy gas pedal but it's not anything to be worried about! But with that being said the throttle lag was definitely improved!

As far as the power I didn't get to launch bc of all the rain we are getting down here in Louisiana right now, but I did do a few third gear pulls and it definitely pulls harder!

I can't wait for some dry roads to do a zero to 60 pull!

Hey Bama guys should I do a data log and send it in? Do you think there might be some tweaks that need to be done?
Hey Prime thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your tunes as much as I am

In regards to the logging I definitely suggest doing so but put about 50-100 miles on the car before reaching out to them in order for the car to learn and more or less for you to get acclimated to the differences. From what I'm hearing it sounds like you're in good shape though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
Oh yea and my fan runs a lot more I'm guessing this is normal?
100% Normal! Bama will have them turn on earlier than they typically would to keep temperatures down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
Hopefully will have mine soon. I was a dummy yesterday and forgot to copy/paste my list of mods and it was too late to call after I submitted the info
I has the dumb.

Hey Ninja - No problem! Happens all the time! Let me know how you make out and if you need an answer on something immediately don't hesitate to shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they'll get you some help.

If anyone has any other questions let me know, I'm always lurking around here!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Bodon - Understood - Give it some time for the tune to learn and mix up the tunes a little bit just to get a better idea of how they'll react in different environments - I would suggest the Race tune maybe on a weekend - It's inherently more aggressive/sensitive so it's not necessarily something I would recommend for bumper to bumper traffic.

In regards to the datalogging depending on what Bama is going to request they may have you do this but it's typically cruising, wide open throttle, or idle to see how the vehicles reacting to it - All of our Mustangs despite looking the same are different underneath and they'll all make power differently. Keep me in the loop!



Hey Prime thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your tunes as much as I am

In regards to the logging I definitely suggest doing so but put about 50-100 miles on the car before reaching out to them in order for the car to learn and more or less for you to get acclimated to the differences. From what I'm hearing it sounds like you're in good shape though!!!



100% Normal! Bama will have them turn on earlier than they typically would to keep temperatures down




Hey Ninja - No problem! Happens all the time! Let me know how you make out and if you need an answer on something immediately don't hesitate to shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they'll get you some help.

If anyone has any other questions let me know, I'm always lurking around here!

Alex
Hey Alex, thanks duder!

Got an email from Bama this morning saying my tunes are 5-7 days out so I replied to it just moments ago with full list of mods

Hope that will sort it. Long day of bug fixes on our game yesterday fried all neurons in my brain XD I hope I don't have another one of those soon, geez.

Thanks again!
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
primemover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Hey Alex one more question. When I switch from one tune to another I know that I first have to go back to stock. But once I do that can I load up the other tune immediately or do I need to give it some time? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primemover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Before I go to the track should I load the race tune and run it around to get some miles on it or start out running it at the track? That's all I am going to use the race tune for anyhow. Thanks
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
Hey Alex one more question. When I switch from one tune to another I know that I first have to go back to stock. But once I do that can I load up the other tune immediately or do I need to give it some time? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I personally don't go back to stock. Some do, some don't. I'm sure someone who swaps out tunes a lot can give more info but I never have.
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
I personally don't go back to stock. Some do, some don't. I'm sure someone who swaps out tunes a lot can give more info but I never have.
I swearwhen I choose a different tune the x4 automatically takes it back to stock first
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I swearwhen I choose a different tune the x4 automatically takes it back to stock first
I'll be testing it out soon when I get my V2s in hopefully this week

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Video Game Developer | PS4, PC
2014 GT Premium Track Pack | Sterling Gray
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 AM   #19
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
Hey Alex, thanks duder!

Got an email from Bama this morning saying my tunes are 5-7 days out so I replied to it just moments ago with full list of mods

Hope that will sort it. Long day of bug fixes on our game yesterday fried all neurons in my brain XD I hope I don't have another one of those soon, geez.

Thanks again!
Anytime! Duder works, or dude, duderino works too

Shoot me a PM with your ticket or order number - I just want to make sure the info made it over! I know how it goes so no sweat, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions here or in the PM's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
Hey Alex one more question. When I switch from one tune to another I know that I first have to go back to stock. But once I do that can I load up the other tune immediately or do I need to give it some time? Thanks.
Prime - In the event that I ever switch out of the Race tune I like to switch back to stock and give it about 5 minutes but if you're to have the other tune loaded up immediately there's no problem doing so!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Before I go to the track should I load the race tune and run it around to get some miles on it or start out running it at the track? That's all I am going to use the race tune for anyhow. Thanks
Bodon - I would suggest loading the tune at least a few miles before you're at the track - Lay into it so she's ready to go once you're in the box warming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
I'll be testing it out soon when I get my V2s in hopefully this week
Ninha - I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say ! Keep me in the loop!


If anyone has any other questions let me know!

Alex
Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
PM sent, thank you and will do on the update after I've thrown a few pulls down!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Video Game Developer | PS4, PC
2014 GT Premium Track Pack | Sterling Gray
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lag in Acceleration/Throttle Response extreme963 2005-2010 Mustang GT 50 10-17-2016 04:18 PM
idle probs / throttle lag StangEnthusiast 1979-1995 Mustang GT 8 01-18-2013 06:08 PM
Throttle lag Rileychan01 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 12 05-04-2012 08:17 PM
2000 v6 throttle lag MustangZx6r Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 05-04-2011 12:01 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.