V2 tune and throttle lag - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
V2 tune and throttle lag

Anyone know if the V2 tune from Bama eliminate throttle lag?
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Did for me
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'll let you know my first impressions tomorrow evening. My bama tuner will be in tomorrow. ))

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primemover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Never had one but Bama big diff.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Anyone know if the V2 tune from Bama eliminate throttle lag?
Quote:
Where I really noticed the lag was bracket racing. Timing the light, your foot moves but the car doesn't. Its only a nano second of lag, but very frustrating and can cost you the race. I just put the V2 tunes in my car but haven't been to the track yet to try it. I ran last year prior to installing the tune so anxious to see if its better this season.
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by primemover View Post
I'll let you know my first impressions tomorrow evening. My bama tuner will be in tomorrow. ))
Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Bodon - That's a good question and with the newer model cars their tunes should eliminate this almost entirely and I wanted to see if you had a datalog set up with the Bama Team yet. If not shoot them a call and bring them up to speed on what you're experiencing and they can have their info shot over on what they'd like to see logged!

Alex

Prime - That's awesome! Make sure to keep us in the loop on your thoughts!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Actually haven't had the chance to experience any thing yet. Going to the track in a couple of weeks.On the street it feels fine. but so did my stock tune. Mine is an automatic. One question though, if I do a datalog how long do I let it record. Do I just run it for a pass at the track or???
Old 04-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so I just loaded my bama v2 race tune!

Initial impressions.

Drivability. It's just like stock when you want to putt around in like normal! Which to me that's a great relief! I can just keep the race tune loaded all the time! I was afraid of a touchy gas pedal but it's not anything to be worried about! But with that being said the throttle lag was definitely improved!

As far as the power I didn't get to launch bc of all the rain we are getting down here in Louisiana right now, but I did do a few third gear pulls and it definitely pulls harder!

I can't wait for some dry roads to do a zero to 60 pull!

Hey Bama guys should I do a data log and send it in? Do you think there might be some tweaks that need to be done?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yea and my fan runs a lot more I'm guessing this is normal?

Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

My fans are on more too. But I like that. Cooler is good.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hopefully will have mine soon. I was a dummy yesterday and forgot to copy/paste my list of mods and it was too late to call after I submitted the info

I has the dumb.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #12
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Actually haven't had the chance to experience any thing yet. Going to the track in a couple of weeks.On the street it feels fine. but so did my stock tune. Mine is an automatic. One question though, if I do a datalog how long do I let it record. Do I just run it for a pass at the track or???
Bodon - Understood - Give it some time for the tune to learn and mix up the tunes a little bit just to get a better idea of how they'll react in different environments - I would suggest the Race tune maybe on a weekend - It's inherently more aggressive/sensitive so it's not necessarily something I would recommend for bumper to bumper traffic.

In regards to the datalogging depending on what Bama is going to request they may have you do this but it's typically cruising, wide open throttle, or idle to see how the vehicles reacting to it - All of our Mustangs despite looking the same are different underneath and they'll all make power differently. Keep me in the loop!

Quote:
Ok so I just loaded my bama v2 race tune!

Initial impressions.

Drivability. It's just like stock when you want to putt around in like normal! Which to me that's a great relief! I can just keep the race tune loaded all the time! I was afraid of a touchy gas pedal but it's not anything to be worried about! But with that being said the throttle lag was definitely improved!

As far as the power I didn't get to launch bc of all the rain we are getting down here in Louisiana right now, but I did do a few third gear pulls and it definitely pulls harder!

I can't wait for some dry roads to do a zero to 60 pull!

Hey Bama guys should I do a data log and send it in? Do you think there might be some tweaks that need to be done?
Hey Prime thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your tunes as much as I am

In regards to the logging I definitely suggest doing so but put about 50-100 miles on the car before reaching out to them in order for the car to learn and more or less for you to get acclimated to the differences. From what I'm hearing it sounds like you're in good shape though!!!

Quote:
Oh yea and my fan runs a lot more I'm guessing this is normal?
100% Normal! Bama will have them turn on earlier than they typically would to keep temperatures down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
Hopefully will have mine soon. I was a dummy yesterday and forgot to copy/paste my list of mods and it was too late to call after I submitted the info
I has the dumb.

Hey Ninja - No problem! Happens all the time! Let me know how you make out and if you need an answer on something immediately don't hesitate to shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they'll get you some help.

If anyone has any other questions let me know, I'm always lurking around here!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Bodon - Understood - Give it some time for the tune to learn and mix up the tunes a little bit just to get a better idea of how they'll react in different environments - I would suggest the Race tune maybe on a weekend - It's inherently more aggressive/sensitive so it's not necessarily something I would recommend for bumper to bumper traffic.

In regards to the datalogging depending on what Bama is going to request they may have you do this but it's typically cruising, wide open throttle, or idle to see how the vehicles reacting to it - All of our Mustangs despite looking the same are different underneath and they'll all make power differently. Keep me in the loop!

Hey Prime thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your tunes as much as I am

In regards to the logging I definitely suggest doing so but put about 50-100 miles on the car before reaching out to them in order for the car to learn and more or less for you to get acclimated to the differences. From what I'm hearing it sounds like you're in good shape though!!!

100% Normal! Bama will have them turn on earlier than they typically would to keep temperatures down

Hey Ninja - No problem! Happens all the time! Let me know how you make out and if you need an answer on something immediately don't hesitate to shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they'll get you some help.

If anyone has any other questions let me know, I'm always lurking around here!

Alex
Hey Alex, thanks duder!

Got an email from Bama this morning saying my tunes are 5-7 days out so I replied to it just moments ago with full list of mods

Hope that will sort it. Long day of bug fixes on our game yesterday fried all neurons in my brain XD I hope I don't have another one of those soon, geez.

Thanks again!
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Alex one more question. When I switch from one tune to another I know that I first have to go back to stock. But once I do that can I load up the other tune immediately or do I need to give it some time? Thanks.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Before I go to the track should I load the race tune and run it around to get some miles on it or start out running it at the track? That's all I am going to use the race tune for anyhow. Thanks
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Alex one more question. When I switch from one tune to another I know that I first have to go back to stock. But once I do that can I load up the other tune immediately or do I need to give it some time? Thanks.

I personally don't go back to stock. Some do, some don't. I'm sure someone who swaps out tunes a lot can give more info but I never have.
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I personally don't go back to stock. Some do, some don't. I'm sure someone who swaps out tunes a lot can give more info but I never have.
I swearwhen I choose a different tune the x4 automatically takes it back to stock first
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I swearwhen I choose a different tune the x4 automatically takes it back to stock first
I'll be testing it out soon when I get my V2s in hopefully this week

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 AM   #19
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Alex, thanks duder!

Got an email from Bama this morning saying my tunes are 5-7 days out so I replied to it just moments ago with full list of mods

Hope that will sort it. Long day of bug fixes on our game yesterday fried all neurons in my brain XD I hope I don't have another one of those soon, geez.

Thanks again!
Anytime! Duder works, or dude, duderino works too

Shoot me a PM with your ticket or order number - I just want to make sure the info made it over! I know how it goes so no sweat, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions here or in the PM's!

Quote:
Prime - In the event that I ever switch out of the Race tune I like to switch back to stock and give it about 5 minutes but if you're to have the other tune loaded up immediately there's no problem doing so!

Alex

Quote:
Before I go to the track should I load the race tune and run it around to get some miles on it or start out running it at the track? That's all I am going to use the race tune for anyhow. Thanks
Bodon - I would suggest loading the tune at least a few miles before you're at the track - Lay into it so she's ready to go once you're in the box warming up!

Quote:
I'll be testing it out soon when I get my V2s in hopefully this week
Ninha - I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say ! Keep me in the loop!

If anyone has any other questions let me know!

Alex
Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

PM sent, thank you and will do on the update after I've thrown a few pulls down!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT