Weird sound coming from trunk while under high RPMs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Weird sound coming from trunk while under high RPMs

This only happens when I get on the gas. The noise won't be there and then I'll do a little pull and whenever I accelerate after that the noise is very apparent. It almost sounds like it's my Roush AB vibrating so much that it's causing something else to come loose and rattle. I've attached a link to a video I've uploaded. I think it could be something loose at the top of the rear suspension but I'm no expert when it comes to this.

http://youtu.be/hkyX_n4N0vI

Thanks in advance guys.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Have you looked underneath the car? I was having a hard time hearing it. Check your clamps and hangers.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Maybe a dumb question but have you looked in the trunk? Remove the carpet, check spare tire area? Certainly sounds like a reverb from exhaust vibration but what it is...? Pulling the rear seat and folding seat back down might help pinpoint where it's coming from.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Have you looked underneath the car? I was having a hard time hearing it. Check your clamps and hangers.

There's no way to look under the car while driving it it's the only way to hear exactly where the noise is coming from. I've looked under and checked the hangers. Everything is in place fine.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Maybe a dumb question but have you looked in the trunk? Remove the carpet, check spare tire area? Certainly sounds like a reverb from exhaust vibration but what it is...? Pulling the rear seat and folding seat back down might help pinpoint where it's coming from.

Yes and yes that's why I feel like it has to be something with the right shock tower

Old 05-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Have you ever seen The Hangover? Check the trunk... you might have a small Asian man in there. Happened to me once... found a hooker in my trunk.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Asian man hooker?????? LOL
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
There's no way to look under the car while driving it it's the only way to hear exactly where the noise is coming from. I've looked under and checked the hangers. Everything is in place fine.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Yes and yes that's why I feel like it has to be something with the right shock tower

Well then, throw some duct tape around it and go for a ride! Maybe frog tape, easier to remove and no residue.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
You can't get someone to rev your car while you look under?
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
You can't get someone to rev your car while you look under?

It only makes the sound while moving.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI
Old 05-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
It only makes the sound while moving.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI
Pull a plug in the trunk and throw that dam Asian hooker in there!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT