Groan/squeak noise when turning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Groan/squeak noise when turning

Please someone help me like this car. It is driving me nuts. If you read my other thread you'll see the rear end is plagued with clunks and other noises.

With the car on jack stands there is a lot of play in the center support bearing. Some lash in the rear end and even some play in the slip joint where the two pieces of the shaft meet. It makes clunks when taking off, shifting gears, hitting bumps, and hell even just rolling down the street with my foot on the clutch while moving the shifter in and out of gears. There is nothing loose. Nothing rubbing. I've had this car on jack stands more than I ever wanted to.

Anyways all these clunks and stuff got worse when I lowered it. I used eibach sportlines with an adjustable panhard, and adjustable lcas. Then I added relocation brackets. Then I took the lcas off and put stocks back on. Then I added a whiteline upper. Set my pinion angle everything from -3 to like 1. Still clunks, and even the driveshaft center support bearing rubs on its on bracket under hard accel sometime. So I ordered a 1 piece driveshaft from shaftmasters. Will be here Monday. HOPEFULLY it'll take care of most of the clunk, and obviously the center support bearing noises.

The rear end also howls like a pack of wolves. Has sense day one. Dealership shop foreman said it was common. Drive until 10k miles and see if it gets better etc , if not he'd work on it. Well its been 10k, it howls louder and now it clunks. So I figured what the hell I'd try some redline heavy shock proof oil to see if it helped. Couldn't hurt. Put 2 1/3 QTS in, with no friction modifier. Now a week later when I turn normally from center I hear a groaning/whining noise coming from the back. Do I need more friction modifier or what? I feel I am a competent mechanic but I am really close to trading this in on a Prius or something. Really starting to hate it. Someone help me with some of this crap.

D
2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Added trans-x friction modifier and it went away... Thanks for the help.
2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT