Bama V2 - My first minutes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
Bama V2 - My first minutes

Full review coming in a few weeks-

Got my V2s in today mere moments ago and like any civilized individual I LOADED THEM UP STRAIGHT AWAY. This preview is with Traction Control and Advance Trac off, 2014 GT, Track Pack. Sunny, 68 degrees, 0 elevation (Chicago), car fully warm at 210.

Mods:
Airraid CAI (Race)
Borla Catback

Startup/Idle:
Impressively starts a tad quicker without hitting crazy RPMs to let it warm up, drops much faster to a decent idle. Previous/V2: 1500/1200. Idle: 750/650.

I let it sit for about 8 minutes. Not because I felt I had to, but because it just idled that much smoother. So I listened. Everything seemed to just be quieter. The exhaust tone was slightly more subdued but just a bit deeper than it was previously. So I walked around the car listening, hood closed, open, in the car with windows down, windows up (all in my garage listening for engine reverb). Really, really smooth. I dig it. Much nicer than my previous 93R.

Driving/Putting About:
Drivability is VASTLY improved over the previous tune. No more hovering your foot over the pedal and jerking the car. Almost stock-like drivability in terms of easing into throttle and shifting. This was very much so a pleasant experience to just put put my way around the neighborhood. I felt the R's hang just a touch longer than previously between shifts which made for easier acquisition easing into and out of gears with normal driving.

WOT/Curve:
Dudes. Dudettes. SO much smoother through the power band. Thing felt like I was pushing a sewing machine how smooth it ran. Previously when rolling in 1st and stomping around 3k to the floor (no dump, just throttle) I would move some, then the tires would break loose around 4.5k-ish. Now they just break loose straight away at 3k. The bottom end torque has been improved quite a bit. R's shot straight up so I pulled 2nd at 7k (still no traction) and she lost it even harder. I don't think I have ever felt her get this loose since I've had it. Shred my PZeros pretty good as I held for a moment hoping for a hook then backed off since it was approaching traffic (I picked a bad time to beat on her today). 3rd gear pull: Much smoother, a bit more OOMPH on the bottom and pulls like a bat out of hell up top.

Final Thoughts:
Very much so improved over the previous tune by miles. I'm going to say she pulls a bit harder, not by miles, but by enough. Low end torque is up, no dips felt through the power band, pulls hard up top. I'll have to give her a few more cycles before taking her to the track soon (on my TODO). I'm super glad I just purchased a whole lot of suspension components because I am looking for that hook now more than I did before. Again, I have to reiterate just how much drivability and overall smoovness has improved over the previous tunes.

Very satisfied so far. A bit mad I couldn't lean on her more but I will take another ride this evening after she cools down.
__________________
Video Game Developer | PS4, PC
2014 GT Premium Track Pack | Sterling Gray
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
gamecock426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Columbia
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 23
thanks for your post and feedback! I keep seeing nothing but good things about the v2 tunes.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT - Back in the saddle
1999 SVT Lightning - SOLD
1999 Mustang GT - SOLD
gamecock426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Here I am, waiting for them to release the v2 tunes for my little v6.

Enjoy !


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Here I am, waiting for them to release the v2 tunes for my little v6.

Enjoy !


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

They already have them for the v6
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
They already have them for the v6

Pretty sure it's only for GTs right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamatic View Post
Full review coming in a few weeks-

Got my V2s in today mere moments ago and like any civilized individual I LOADED THEM UP STRAIGHT AWAY. This preview is with Traction Control and Advance Trac off, 2014 GT, Track Pack. Sunny, 68 degrees, 0 elevation (Chicago), car fully warm at 210.

Mods:
Airraid CAI (Race)
Borla Catback

Startup/Idle:
Impressively starts a tad quicker without hitting crazy RPMs to let it warm up, drops much faster to a decent idle. Previous/V2: 1500/1200. Idle: 750/650.

I let it sit for about 8 minutes. Not because I felt I had to, but because it just idled that much smoother. So I listened. Everything seemed to just be quieter. The exhaust tone was slightly more subdued but just a bit deeper than it was previously. So I walked around the car listening, hood closed, open, in the car with windows down, windows up (all in my garage listening for engine reverb). Really, really smooth. I dig it. Much nicer than my previous 93R.

Driving/Putting About:
Drivability is VASTLY improved over the previous tune. No more hovering your foot over the pedal and jerking the car. Almost stock-like drivability in terms of easing into throttle and shifting. This was very much so a pleasant experience to just put put my way around the neighborhood. I felt the R's hang just a touch longer than previously between shifts which made for easier acquisition easing into and out of gears with normal driving.

WOT/Curve:
Dudes. Dudettes. SO much smoother through the power band. Thing felt like I was pushing a sewing machine how smooth it ran. Previously when rolling in 1st and stomping around 3k to the floor (no dump, just throttle) I would move some, then the tires would break loose around 4.5k-ish. Now they just break loose straight away at 3k. The bottom end torque has been improved quite a bit. R's shot straight up so I pulled 2nd at 7k (still no traction) and she lost it even harder. I don't think I have ever felt her get this loose since I've had it. Shred my PZeros pretty good as I held for a moment hoping for a hook then backed off since it was approaching traffic (I picked a bad time to beat on her today). 3rd gear pull: Much smoother, a bit more OOMPH on the bottom and pulls like a bat out of hell up top.

Final Thoughts:
Very much so improved over the previous tune by miles. I'm going to say she pulls a bit harder, not by miles, but by enough. Low end torque is up, no dips felt through the power band, pulls hard up top. I'll have to give her a few more cycles before taking her to the track soon (on my TODO). I'm super glad I just purchased a whole lot of suspension components because I am looking for that hook now more than I did before. Again, I have to reiterate just how much drivability and overall smoovness has improved over the previous tunes.

Very satisfied so far. A bit mad I couldn't lean on her more but I will take another ride this evening after she cools down.
I too just put the V2 tunes in and noticed much of what you mentioned. Going to the track in a couple of weeks and am anxious to see how much actual change there is in my ET's and MPH with the tune. I ran it stock last year afew times so I do have #'s to compare with.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Pretty sure it's only for GTs right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I just talked to them a week ago and they have the V2 for the V6 also. Don't have to believe me just hit up one of the reps on here.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 117
Wow, glad you're happy with the results. I just order a Bama x4.. First Bama product and hoping to have positive results..
__________________
12 GT
Borla Airraid Bama Mmd
afterdarkgt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waynes World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: sandy
Region: Utah
Posts: 126
I have been running my v-2 tunes for a while now, I live in a mountainous state and it is a thrill to drive the canyons. I recently got a challenge from my neighbor in his '12 Vette. He couldn't beat me off the line and after 3rd gear he gave in, he said he wasn't able to get me this time( he said next time he'll have something for me, can't wait!) When you get the suspension to hook, the difference is night and day,have fun....
Waynes World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I just talked to them a week ago and they have the V2 for the V6 also. Don't have to believe me just hit up one of the reps on here.
contacted them, apparently they've been available for about 3 weeks now. thanks for the headsup. waiting for them to approve my order so I can get started on these new and improved tunes!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest

Supporter
 
Hampton CIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Williamsburg
Region: Virginia
Posts: 527
Which tuner are you using out of curiosity?
__________________
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
ninjamatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 65
X4

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Video Game Developer | PS4, PC
2014 GT Premium Track Pack | Sterling Gray
ninjamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Panama Canal, time-lapse 1 week into 11 minutes WhiteStang99 The Bar 11 12-11-2005 03:58 PM
so, 2 fire alarms in the last 30 minutes jimmy_beaner The Bar 0 12-01-2005 01:24 AM
Bored? heres something to entertain for a few minutes Tbird232ci The Bar 4 05-28-2005 06:08 PM
30 minutes Left! I hope I win! 03redfire cobra The Bar 20 05-19-2004 06:06 AM
Stupid Idiot I saw 15 minutes ago Ken The Bar 15 11-02-2003 08:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.