Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Vinyl shop unable to match factory hood stripe on 14 GT

935 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Stangholio 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 GT with track pack and it has the single hood stripe that goes along the roof. I wanted to get it extended onto the front bumper and also on the rear bumper. I took the car to my vinyl guy who is pretty good(he did a few of my big rigs) and he had the car all day and he said that the stripe is either flat black or satin black. I said ok well i'll leave you the car so you can see what stripe it is, and when he called me back he said I can't match it. I tried flat black it's not the exact match and also tried satin black and it's not that either, so I called the ford dealership and asked what kind of stripe was on that car and according to the VIN it's the supersnake stripe. He said the only way to get it is to order it from Ford but the length of the stripe they sell would be too tight to do the front and rear bumper. Unless you would want me to remove the factory stripe and I can make the same stripe with my ford flat black material this way it will match throughout the car but it will be expensive, it's basically doing new stripes on a car that doesn't have them.

Has anyone got their track pack mustang with the single hood stripe extended? If so, how and where did you get it done?

#2 ·
I had someone hit my rear bumper and it needed repaint and restripe. They had a guy come out and cut vinyl and he matched it well. The only downside was the vinyl was newer than the rest of the cars stripes. Cleaned it up and applied aerospace 303 and it all blends together perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.