New member build thread - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I just moved from California to Oregon after being in California for 15+ years.
If the items you put on do not have a C.A.R.B sticker/certificate you can pretty much count on taking them off.
Some of things most smog stations are looking for is exhaust and intake changes.
With that said all they do on newer cars is plug into OBD port and run a diagnostics just like the dealer would.
One other thing is that if you have a tune the only pump gas available is 91............you can't get 93, although you can get 91 unleaded racing gas in some areas.
One last thought..................why would anyone in their right mind move to California other than the weather??????????? Where are you thinking about move to?
Depending on where you live, housing is astronomical, earthquakes, smog, non-friendly to hot rodder community..
When you say newer cars, you mean like within the last 5 years? Or less? The dealership I got the car from is willing to do the modifications to get the 02 sensors I stalled and not throw codes. I may be taking the car there on Saturday to do it. So if that is a good first step, and all I need to do is change out the mid pipe eventually to pass smog, then I'm good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
crbauhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbauhs View Post
When you say newer cars, you mean like within the last 5 years? Or less? The dealership I got the car from is willing to do the modifications to get the 02 sensors I stalled and not throw codes. I may be taking the car there on Saturday to do it. So if that is a good first step, and all I need to do is change out the mid pipe eventually to pass smog, then I'm good to go.

As I mentioned, if they see your headers and you don't have a C.A.R.B. sticker/certificate they will fail you.
I believe any car within the past 10/15 years.
Depending on where you end up, if it's a small town in Northern California you may not have any issues as long as the car passes, but if you are talking about SF, LA, SD................without the C.A.R.B. tag/cert you are pretty much SOL.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
As I mentioned, if they see your headers and you don't have a C.A.R.B. sticker/certificate they will fail you.
I believe any car within the past 10/15 years.
Depending on where you end up, if it's a small town in Northern California you may not have any issues as long as the car passes, but if you are talking about SF, LA, SD................without the C.A.R.B. tag/cert you are pretty much SOL.
Gotcha. Eugh that would such royally. As for where. It would be in the Folsom area I believe.

I will be keeping my car registered here in Florida for as long as I can I guess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

One other interesting thing about any California car that must go through smog, if you had a 99 Mustang and wanted to put a Coyote motor in it.................you are SOL, the replacement motor must be of the same year, make, model as the car. If the car is exempt from DMV it doesn't make any difference.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Gotcha. Eugh that would such royally. As for where. It would be in the Folsom area I believe.

I will be keeping my car registered here in Florida for as long as I can I guess.

Well, that's East of Sacramento and would be same as any major city, they can be pretty nasty. You can keep it with a Florida license but if you get turned in by some nice Californian, you will pay a very hefty fine, plus having to pay sales tax...depending on what you car is worth it run thousands of dollars. Just to let you know.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #41

Why would I have to pay sales tax? I bought the car in Florida, paid my taxes, and have owned it here. Will have had it for over 1.5 years by the time I move.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Why would I have to pay sales tax? I bought the car in Florida, paid my taxes, and have owned it here. Will have had it for over 1.5 years by the time I move.

I may be wrong about the sales tax, I just remember bringing my 97 Cobra into California and paying almost $2k in 1999. I could be wrong about the sales tax thing.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...es/howto/htvr9
Old 06-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #43

Eugh. Cali is gonna make this rough for me. I can tell. Let's see how long I can hold off for.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #44

So my buddy pointed me in the direction of some roushes axle backs for sale. Got em for a killer price. Gonna try them out instead of the drop sports. I think they will be nuts with the long tubes and the off road pipe. I'll decide which set I like better and sell the other. Will be fun to hear how it goes.

Also I have recently learned of the watts link setup. While overkill for what I want and do, most likely, it has still spiked my intrigue. Anyone here have experience with it?

Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #45

Hey all. I haven't posted here in a while. Been busy enjoying my stang and buying a house. Anyway I have a few new parts coming in this weekend. While I me upper and lower control arms as well as lower relocation brackets. I'm very excited to get those installed! Also got a set of hid projector lights. Gonna try to figure out how to install those shortly. I am not a huge fan of electric work so this is gonna be rough.
Anyone have any tips for installing the lowers and upper? The upper worries me a bit.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT