Brembo 6 pistons from a GT500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Brembo 6 pistons from a GT500

Does anyone have Brembo 6 pistons off of a GT500? I bought a pair from ebay and i have a couple questions:

1) what brake pads are you using? How's the noise and dust? Don't think you can use GT pads, can you? I have a bnib set of hawk hps 5.0 sitting in my garage

2) The kit that I purchased doesn't come with caliper bolts. Can you re-use yours from stock brakes? Or would I need a few more?

3) Last but not the least, is there a way you can mount your stock front brakes on the rear? I just don't wanna throw them away, figure i could replace the tiny rear ones with these lol
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Does anyone have Brembo 6 pistons off of a GT500? I bought a pair from ebay and i have a couple questions:

1) what brake pads are you using? How's the noise and dust? Don't think you can use GT pads, can you? I have a bnib set of hawk hps 5.0 sitting in my garage I would use the standard ceramic pads that come on the GT500. Although I only have 14 Brembo's I feel they are good enough for street. No you can't use GT pads, you will have to buy the GT500 6 piston pads.

2) The kit that I purchased doesn't come with caliper bolts. Can you re-use yours from stock brakes? Or would I need a few more?
I would just buy them from your nearest Ford dealer.

3) Last but not the least, is there a way you can mount your stock front brakes on the rear? I just don't wanna throw them away, figure i could replace the tiny rear ones with these lol
There is no way you can use your front calipers in the rear. There is a guy on Ebay selling an aluminum bracket to put the GT500 rear disc's on using your stock caliper. I've had them on my car for almost 300 miles and can tell you that from a high speed stock they do make a difference and the total conversion was about $300 including OE disc's and GT500 Ceramic pads. With this aluminum adapter you do not have to remove the axles.

Before and after pictures of putting the GT500 rear disc's on with the adapter. Factory disc's are 11.8" and the GT500 are 13.8".
This is what you need, or you can buy the adapter and disc's from the guy. The adapters are quality pieces and hardware is grade 10.5.
05 14 Mustang 14" Rear Brake Rotor Adapter Brackets GT Boss 302 GT500 V6 13 8" | eBay

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-08 10.54.47.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	999.2 KB
ID:	182827   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-11 12.51.24.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	182828  

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Perfect, thanks olerodder!! I actually saw that bracket last night, seems like quite a sturdy piece. I might as well buy the gt500 discs, have bnib pads already, and this adaptor to complete my conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I would love to do this. Its not cheap though. How much did you pay for the ones off of eBay?

Mods 5% Tint All Around, 40% Tinted Windshield| Roush Axleback's| 4in Quad Exhaust| Eibach Sportlines| 20in Charcoal AMR's| BMR Panhard Bar| GT500 Diffuser| Bama Tune| X Pipe| GT500 Spoiler|BMR LCA's| JLT CAI|
50OHHHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It was $910 shipped without brake pads and caliper bolts. I wasn't feeling its condition anymore, so I canceled the transaction and bought it from another guy on svtp for $1000 shipped to my door. Complete kit with everything, and in excellent shape unlike the eBay one.

One thing for sure now: bye bye winter tires lol they're going on sale. Can't use em with these brakes
Old 05-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50OHHHHH View Post
I would love to do this. Its not cheap though. How much did you pay for the ones off of eBay?
You might contact Shelby in Las Vegas as they have 6 piston take offs quite often.
I bought my wheels and tires from them along with some other pieces for the Mustang and they have great items at fair prices.

13 14 Shelby GT500 Brembo 6 Piston Front Brake Takeoff Set w 15" Rotor Set | eBay

2014 Ford Mustang GT Rear 13 8" Rotor Caliper Brake Kit Great Older 9" Upgrade | eBay
Old 05-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
You might contact Shelby in Las Vegas as they have 6 piston take offs quite often.
I bought my wheels and tires from them along with some other pieces for the Mustang and they have great items at fair prices.

13 14 Shelby GT500 Brembo 6 Piston Front Brake Takeoff Set w 15" Rotor Set | eBay

2014 Ford Mustang GT Rear 13 8" Rotor Caliper Brake Kit Great Older 9" Upgrade | eBay
Could I get both of those and put them on my 14GT? That's after I powercoat them grabber blue to match my grabber blue racing strips.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You gotta make sure your front wheels have enough clearance for 6 piston calipers. You'd need a second bracket mentioned above for your rear if you wanna avoid taking your axles out
Old 05-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
This really is a decent deal considering that it comes with everything you need to turn your GT's brakes in to full GT500 brakes (15" rotors & 6 piston calipers, 13.8 rear rotors & calipers):
Ford Racing GT500 OE Brembo Brake Kit 161-M-2300-T | Free Shipping!

By the time you try putting together parts from other kits, the kit above starts looking pretty good.

The problem is I want the 2-piece rotors for weight savings too, so that bumps everything up to much more expensive. :-/
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
This really is a decent deal considering that it comes with everything you need to turn your GT's brakes in to full GT500 brakes (15" rotors & 6 piston calipers, 13.8 rear rotors & calipers):
Ford Racing GT500 OE Brembo Brake Kit 161-M-2300-T | Free Shipping!

By the time you try putting together parts from other kits, the kit above starts looking pretty good.

The problem is I want the 2-piece rotors for weight savings too, so that bumps everything up to much more expensive. :-/
One of the issues is that's it a little expensive and the second is that you don't need an extra set of rear calipers as they are exactly the same as the ones you will take off............plus you need to pull the axles to put the Ford brackets on, kind of a pain and time consuming.
You can actually save about $300 by going with the GT500 rear rotors and buying the brackets off the guy on ebay. They are quality pieces and he even sends the grade 10.5 bolts.
So, moral is, "If you want the best you pay for it", if not save money and go an easier way.................IMHO
Old 05-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Now since we are talking about rear brakes, is there a way you can use bigger calipers on the rear? As in let's say a 2 or 4 piston. If not, what's the limiting factor? Just curious.

Also, are stock front calipers 2 piston? - non brembo.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Just your pocket book............that's the only limiting factor.

If you have a race car you really want to use a two piece hub/rotor assembly and they are crazy expensive..............like $3000+ just for rotors for all four corners. You can buy the Brembo 4 piston calipers and rotors like I have on my TrakPak for $1100, and turn the rears into 13.8" rotors for $350..........which is less than the optional price of the Brembo package new. Personally 6 piston for the street is a little overkill unless you need to go 0-100-0 in between stoplights.

The front stock calipers are 2 piston, Brembo upgrade is 4, and GT500 Brembo is 6.
The rear stock caliper is single piston is used in all of the Mustangs and the rotors are 11.8" in the GT and 13.8" in the GT500. I think the Laguana Seca got the 13.8" rear rotors and I'm not sure about the Boss 302, but I think it got the 11.8" rotors also.
You can get Wilwood, Aerospace Engineering, Brembo and others with 4 piston calipers and I'm sure they will fit depending on your wheels and maybe they would take a different caliper bracke..I'm not sure.

2005-2014 Mustang Brakes from Wilwood Free Shipping
Old 05-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Lool man I'm just an average guy next door, who likes to mod his car. I can't afford to blow 3k on rotors only haha. But I see where you're coming from on 6 pistons on street, I'm actually getting my parts slowly and gradually to support my future F/I plans.

I'm kind of set on the $350 deal for rear, however I'm just trying to see if there's a way to make front 2 piston calipers work on the rear. While I understand its not a direct swap, is there a relocation bracket or something like that to make it work? Would it involve lot of custom fabrication? Just trying to pick brains here and trying to learn more about mechanics of my car
Old 05-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Hawk hps pads. Don't do stock pads unless you love cleaning dust. The hps pads make about 1/3 of the dust and are much better.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Lool man I'm just an average guy next door, who likes to mod his car. I can't afford to blow 3k on rotors only haha. But I see where you're coming from on 6 pistons on street, I'm actually getting my parts slowly and gradually to support my future F/I plans.

I'm kind of set on the $350 deal for rear, however I'm just trying to see if there's a way to make front 2 piston calipers work on the rear. While I understand its not a direct swap, is there a relocation bracket or something like that to make it work? Would it involve lot of custom fabrication? Just trying to pick brains here and trying to learn more about mechanics of my car
You can make anything work with enough time and $$$. I have never taken front calipers and tried to adapt them to rear so I can't say how close the pattern is.
I don't think anybody makes a conversion because it's not really needed. I guess if you want, get a front caliper and a rear caliper and check them out to see if they would fit...........then give them a try.
Use the ceramic pads from the TrakPak/Boss302 or GT500 and they will work great for the street. For the track............that's another story.
As for brake dust.............I've really never had much from the TrakPak ceramic pads.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I might just have my regular calipers taken off and powder coated grabber blue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I'm probably going to do this. Thanks for the quality info olerodder as always 👍🏻👍🏻

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hey ole rodder, quick question: so for 13.8" rear brakes, would I need stock relocation brackets (the ones that come with a new kit) or just the discs + ebay aluminum adaptors?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Hawk hps pads. Don't do stock pads unless you love cleaning dust. The hps pads make about 1/3 of the dust and are much better.

On the street my HPS make considerably less dust...... Should have seen my wheels after my track day though lmao. Wheel changed colors.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
You can make anything work with enough time and $$$. I have never taken front calipers and tried to adapt them to rear so I can't say how close the pattern is.
I don't think anybody makes a conversion because it's not really needed. I guess if you want, get a front caliper and a rear caliper and check them out to see if they would fit...........then give them a try.
Use the ceramic pads from the TrakPak/Boss302 or GT500 and they will work great for the street. For the track............that's another story.
As for brake dust.............I've really never had much from the TrakPak ceramic pads.

FTR is possibly making a bracket for 99-04s to put the 99-04 cobra front brakes (13" 2 pot") on the rears. Not sure about S197 though.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Hey ole rodder, quick question: so for 13.8" rear brakes, would I need stock relocation brackets (the ones that come with a new kit) or just the discs + ebay aluminum adaptors?
Ok, if you want to use all Ford parts you will need the OE GT500 caliper brackets (relocation brackets), you can get these from Ford. The only issue is that to put them on you will need to pull the axles.

If you buy the aluminum adapters (like I did) from the guy on Ebay you will not need to pull the axles. I primed and painted the brackets, put them on with the grade 10.5 hardware that comes with them, and bought the OE GT500 rotors and ceramic pads from Ford.

So, if you go OE, you need to buy the Ford caliper brackets for the GT500 plus the GT500 rear rotors.

If you go with the Ebay bracket all you need to buy is the aluminum bracket and GT500 rotors. I think I paid $160 for the OE GT500 rotors and $50 for the pads. Or you can buy GT500 rear rotors and pads from anybody selling brakes.

The only people I know that make a kit at a reasonable price for the rear using all Ford OE parts is;

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=606
Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
On the street my HPS make considerably less dust...... Should have seen my wheels after my track day though lmao. Wheel changed colors.

Bahahaha! I bet. I love the pads tho. They are phenomenal!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Okay great, thanks a lot! I certainly don't want to touch my axles, so eBay bracket it is for me. I have looked around a few places and besides OE gt500 discs, there are Centric C-Tek rotors for about 103 bucks a pair after my discount. Are they on par/better/inferior than stock gt500 ones?

Also, I have a question about master cylinder. Would it be overloaded once I have brembo 6 pistons and 13.8" brakes on the rear? Would there be any ABS codes thrown on?

Quote:
Ok, if you want to use all Ford parts you will need the OE GT500 caliper brackets (relocation brackets), you can get these from Ford. The only issue is that to put them on you will need to pull the axles.

If you buy the aluminum adapters (like I did) from the guy on Ebay you will not need to pull the axles. I primed and painted the brackets, put them on with the grade 10.5 hardware that comes with them, and bought the OE GT500 rotors and ceramic pads from Ford.

So, if you go OE, you need to buy the Ford caliper brackets for the GT500 plus the GT500 rear rotors.

If you go with the Ebay bracket all you need to buy is the aluminum bracket and GT500 rotors. I think I paid $160 for the OE GT500 rotors and $50 for the pads. Or you can buy GT500 rear rotors and pads from anybody selling brakes.

The only people I know that make a kit at a reasonable price for the rear using all Ford OE parts is;

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=606
Old 05-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Okay great, thanks a lot! I certainly don't want to touch my axles, so eBay bracket it is for me. I have looked around a few places and besides OE gt500 discs, there are Centric C-Tek rotors for about 103 bucks a pair after my discount. Are they on par/better/inferior than stock gt500 ones?

Also, I have a question about master cylinder. Would it be overloaded once I have brembo 6 pistons and 13.8" brakes on the rear? Would there be any ABS codes thrown on?
I'm not preaching here, but skimping on suspension parts is foolish and can be dangerous not only to you and the people that drive with you but other unsuspecting motorists. Do not buy suspension parts because they are the cheap! If you can't afford good suspension parts save up until you can afford them.

Let me vent for just a minute. I sometimes get so worked up over people talking about 6 piston vs. 4 piston Brembo's.
Let's look at this from a scientific angle,

Clamping Force = Piston Surface area On One Side of The Rotor x Line Pressure
So you cannot put 6 round pistons with the same surface area as 4 pistons. 6 pistons will always be smaller in overall surface area.

Piston Surface Area = Piston Radius Squared x PI
Just a small decrease in a pistons diameter equates to a relatively large decrease in the piston's surface area and calipers really suffer when making room for more pistons. Why do they suffer, because you need to take more room for the extra pistons hence you are taking away material from the caliper which makes it much more susceptible to flexing.

I know, everyone says that 6 pistons spread the force more evenly over the back of the pad...............even if they did (I don't buy into this) the result is taking material away from key stress areas of the body creates a weaker/more flexible caliper.

Now, I had never heard of Centric before. They are manufacturing (casting) these in China and I believe having them machined here in the USofA. If you add 35% labor content to any foreign made product you can label it made in the USofA. Not everything made in China is junk, but their manufacturing technology is still lagging behind the USofA by a couple of decades and I've seen too many engine parts that were made in China fail. Personally I'd run away from half the stuff sold by "Honest Charleys", but that's just me. A couple of people have mentioned reputable disc brake rotor people, use one of them. The other thing is to make sure the hats of the rotors are treated so they don't rust/or rust as bad as non-treated rotors.

I wouldn't worry about the master cylinder or the ABS as it really will not have any affect unless you are planning on entering your car in some road races.
Sorry for the long rant..................
Old 05-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I completely get what you mean. I do not cheap out on critical car parts, just trying to see what alternatives are available and if they're worth. From what I have read on countless brake threads, Centric rotors are premium "OE replacements'' at a decent price, but not something you would use in high performance/racing application. Kelly @ BMR has Centric Blanks on all of their cars, so do guys at Vorshelag. In fact, Vorshelag has a 13.8" GT500 rear brake upgrade kit withCentric rotors. I'm pretty sure they must have done their research before endorsing a certain brand right. C-Tek kind that I am talking about belong to Centric's economical/budget line at $65/rotor, they also have premium line with high carbon at around 75/rotor.

I agree with your analogy that by going with 6 pistons, you're necessarily going to take away the material from a caliper. Which would in turn cause flex. However, I would like to add to/critique a touch about what you just said:

I believe you missed a key point: 6 piston calipers are larger than 4 piston calipers to begin with (http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/attachm...after-font.jpg). Which in turn accounts for the extra material needed to accomodate 2 more pistons, so essentially you're not really loosing any material. Now it be a whole another story lets say I were to take a 4 pot shell and manufacture a caliper with 6 pistons in it.. without increasing its surface area. This is where you will get a weak and flexible caliper in my opinion. I am sure Brembo and Ford did their home work when they decided to put 6 piston setup on new GT500s

PS: don't be sorry man, its all part of a healthy discussion and getting to know more about the mechanics of your car.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

I pulled the trigger on the adapters 👍🏻 anxious to feel the difference and it will be nice to have rotors that fill the rear wheel and don't look so silly against my brembos up front

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 05-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I completely get what you mean. I do not cheap out on critical car parts, just trying to see what alternatives are available and if they're worth. From what I have read on countless brake threads, Centric rotors are premium "OE replacements'' at a decent price, but not something you would use in high performance/racing application. Kelly @ BMR has Centric Blanks on all of their cars, so do guys at Vorshelag. In fact, Vorshelag has a 13.8" GT500 rear brake upgrade kit withCentric rotors. I'm pretty sure they must have done their research before endorsing a certain brand right. C-Tek kind that I am talking about belong to Centric's economical/budget line at $65/rotor, they also have premium line with high carbon at around 75/rotor.

I agree with your analogy that by going with 6 pistons, you're necessarily going to take away the material from a caliper. Which would in turn cause flex. However, I would like to add to/critique a touch about what you just said:

I believe you missed a key point: 6 piston calipers are larger than 4 piston calipers to begin with (http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/attachm...after-font.jpg). Which in turn accounts for the extra material needed to accomodate 2 more pistons, so essentially you're not really loosing any material. Now it be a whole another story lets say I were to take a 4 pot shell and manufacture a caliper with 6 pistons in it.. without increasing its surface area. This is where you will get a weak and flexible caliper in my opinion. I am sure Brembo and Ford did their home work when they decided to put 6 piston setup on new GT500s

PS: don't be sorry man, its all part of a healthy discussion and getting to know more about the mechanics of your car.
No reason to be sorry, you thought it through and with the information you had at hand it seems logical.
I agree that calipers are larger than the 4 piston calipers. I believe the surface area of the six pistons is not going to be that much bigger than the four piston and actual clamping force although slightly more on the 6 piston just isn't worth the money. Just as going to 13.8" disc in the rear is not really going to give you more clamping force............what it will give you is much more heat dissipation which will improve braking ability, just like putting 15" discs in front vs. the stock 13".
NASCAR racers use both 6 piston fronts and 4 piston fronts. At Indianapolis, Daytona, and Talladega they use 4 piston front calipers and 2 piston rears, where as Sonoma being a very heavy braking track uses a 6 piston front and 4 piston rears. I can tell you from experience racing at Sonoma you are one the brakes a lot and I've seen brake temperatures as high as 1400 degrees.
One other thing to keep in the back of your mind is that the hydraulic system for the brakes and clutch are shared, and if you are tracking your car it can cause stopping distance to be increased. My suggestion would be to use the Shelby reservoir kit which separates the clutch and brakes and will let your brake fluid run cooler. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Olerodder did you do the install yourself ?

When changing just the rotors, whats the install procedure?

Can you just undo the 2 caliper anchor bolts, slide caliper off change rotor and then slide back on? Do you need to loosen the bleeder screw a little to get them to slide back on?

Or do you have to do the whole recompress the piston thing like you have to do when changing pads?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Can you just undo the 2 caliper anchor bolts, slide caliper off change rotor and then slide back on? Do you need to loosen the bleeder screw a little to get them to slide back on?

Or do you have to do the whole recompress the piston thing like you have to do when changing pads?
Yes, I did the install myself.
You will need to take the caliper, caliper bracket, and rotors off the car and no, you will not have to do any bleeding of the brakes. Yes, you will have to screw the piston in to be able to take the old pads out and replace them with new pads when you reinstall them on the new rotors.
The procedure is as follows;
Jack the Mustang up and support it will jack stands under the rear axle.............make sure you block the front tires to be safe.
Remove the wheels/tires and set them aside.
Remove the safety nuts from the rear disc's so you can pull them off.
Remove the two caliper bolts and slide the caliper up and off the disc.
Wire the caliper up out of the way.
Remove the two bolts caliper mount from axle housing and pull the mount off.
Remove the disc rotor.
I am assuming you have already purchased the aluminum adapter from the guy on Ebay. All of the new grade 10.5 bolts come with the adapter and you will need no extra hardware.
Prime and paint the aluminum adapter.
Install the adapter to the axle housing with the supplied bolts and torque to 65ftlb. (remember to apply Loctite)
Install the caliper bracket to the aluminum adapter with the supplied bolts and torque to 65ftlb. (remember to apply Loctite)
(You will need a special tool because you know longer compress the caliper pistons, you must screw them in), you can buy the tool for $11 from NAPA, AutoZone....etc.
Install the new rotor.
Raise the hood and take the cap off the master cylinder so when you compress the caliper pistons you don't induce any air into the system.
Screw the pistons in.
Lube the new pads and install them in the caliper.
Install the caliper and torque the bolts to 45ftlbs.
Put the wheel/tire back on and you are now done with one side.
After installing the other side screw the cap back on the master cylinder.
You are good to go.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Never change just the rotors, always change the pads when you change rotors.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Can you not get the six piston Brembos from advance auto like you can yhe 4 piston ones? (remans)
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never change just the rotors, always change the pads when you change rotors.
Figured I didn't need to change pads since they're pretty new. (3,200 miles on the car total)
Old 05-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Pads are only like 50 bucks from ford.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 05-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I'm looking at the brembo 6 piston front take offs for my 14 base on ebay. Other than the calipers, rotors, pads and hoses, which come together, what else would I need to install them onto my base car? Are there certain brackets needed as well?
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
I'm looking at the brembo 6 piston front take offs for my 14 base on ebay. Other than the calipers, rotors, pads and hoses, which come together, what else would I need to install them onto my base car? Are there certain brackets needed as well?
You should also get the abbreviated splash guards that take the place of the OE splash guards. What you should get looks like this;

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT