Airaid Cai and Sct x3 Tuner price? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Got proof? Show me some track slips with the only change being the Airaid. I'll patiently await your results.opcorn:
I'm not saying that the airaid is the end all.. be all cai. I'm not even saying that cai's are with it. All I'm saying is in my opinion not all cai's are useless. I believe that there are curtain kits out there that make a big difference. Weather it's a butt dyno, 1/4 mile time, or a real dyno. There's too many variables, and no "canned" tune will prove the hp gain of a cai. All I'm saying is there's something to be said about a intake that can allow so much more air flow. That it triggers the check engine light.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
I'm not saying that the airaid is the end all.. be all cai. I'm not even saying that cai's are with it. All I'm saying is in my opinion not all cai's are useless. I believe that there are curtain kits out there that make a big difference. Weather it's a butt dyno, 1/4 mile time, or a real dyno. There's too many variables, and no "canned" tune will prove the hp gain of a cai. All I'm saying is there's something to be said about a intake that can allow so much more air flow. That it triggers the check engine light.

Grabber I'll ask the question on your behalf:

And you know all this about the 11-14 GT because of your 94 GT? I promise you there's virtually no gains worth mentioning on the AirAid CAI. I have it. Venturi tubeless as well as with the Venturi tube on. Track times and butt dyno times are the same. It's not gonna add 20hp.

Not all cars benefit from any CAI. Maybe your GT but not ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Grabber I'll ask the question on your behalf:

And you know all this about the 11-14 GT because of your 94 GT? I promise you there's virtually no gains worth mentioning on the AirAid CAI. I have it. Venturi tubeless as well as with the Venturi tube on. Track times and butt dyno times are the same. It's not gonna add 20hp.

Not all cars benefit from any CAI. Maybe your GT but not ours.

No because I have a 2011 gt. You think I just but into here to talk s&!t? All I'm giving is my 2ยข. I have to airaid on my 11 and I'm saying it is enough of a difference without the cone to make the ecm think somethings wrong. I'm not saying it adds 500hp. Relax buddy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
So you think it made a difference but have nothing to back up that claim? Makes sense.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
So you think it made a difference but have nothing to back up that claim? Makes sense.
Your putting to much thought into this. Im saying I think if it's enough of a difference to make the check engine light comes on, I think it makes a difference period, weather it's 1 hp or 20 it makes a difference. It's adding something. Is it worth $300? Absolutely not. But it looks 900000x nicer than the stock one. And adds quite a intake noise when you hit it.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Airaid Cai and Sct x3 Tuner price?

^your fighting a losing battle 94vert. Lots of things trigger the CEL. Just because it's different than the stock perimeters is why it triggers the CEL. That doesn't equal power. Looks better? Ehh that's an opinion some share. I think the stock box looks good and fits well. The "problem" with the stock box is that it's stock and the dude who works at autozone and drives an 84 Honda doesn't recognize it as being a CAI and will say something like "bro, you gonna throw a CAI on that thing?" It doesn't have a "wow" factor. Honestly everyone is just so programmed to think that these aftermarket CAI should and do add power ect. Guess what? Car companies have started to figure it out and design these to be as efficient as possible. Moral of the story and end of my rant, have one if you want one. But don't think your going to convince people in here that they add anything but a little bit of noise.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^your fighting a losing battle 94vert. Lots of things trigger the CEL. Just because it's different than the stock perimeters is why it triggers the CEL. That doesn't equal power. Looks better? Ehh that's an opinion some share. I think the stock box looks good and fits well. The "problem" with the stock box is that it's stock and the dude who works at autozone and drives an 84 Honda doesn't recognize it as being a CAI and will say something like "bro, you gonna throw a CAI on that thing?" It doesn't have a "wow" factor. Honestly everyone is just so programmed to think that these aftermarket CAI should and do add power ect. Guess what? Car companies have started to figure it out and design these to be as efficient as possible. Moral of the story and end of my rant, have one if you want one. But don't think your going to convince people in here that they add anything but a little bit of noise.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Ok https://youtu.be/RI6zAsF5X-8. In some cases it does. Maybe not our cars, but sometimes it can.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
No one ever said there isn't gains to be had from CAI on a power stroke. Lol. I'm just struggling to understand how that has anything to do with a gasoline engine, mustang, 10 years newer. I'm going to go ahead and remove myself from this debate now. Before it gets ugly.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:03 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
No one ever said there isn't gains to be had from CAI on a power stroke. Lol. I'm just struggling to understand how that has anything to do with a gasoline engine, mustang, 10 years newer. I'm going to go ahead and remove myself from this debate now. Before it gets ugly.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

You turn the light off on a sea donkey she's still one ugly *** sea donkey...

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You turn the light off on a sea donkey she's still one ugly *** sea donkey...

LMFAO ๐Ÿ˜‚
Old 05-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Just bought an X4 and JLT CAI for approx. $639 from AM on sale. Came with the V2 tunes and tunes for life so I don't see $500 that great of a deal.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Just bought an X4 and JLT CAI for approx. $639 from AM on sale. Came with the V2 tunes and tunes for life so I don't see $500 that great of a deal.
You wouldn't.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai