Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle...

So I got the Raxiom navigation from American Muscle and I am having a problem and a few questions.

System installed fine, everything worked. Looked great.
Yesterday I got a call while listening to Pandora through Sync and after I received the call, my system turned off and went into a constant reboot. It would display the Raxiom logo and show the background for a second or two and immediately start another reboot. I took it all apart later that night to check wires, etc.

Went to work today and it was fine. Booted the first time.
On the way to work, received a call. Constant reboot again.

Called American Muscle and they gave me a Rosen number (makers of software?) but the phone just rings and rings...

Anyone have this problem before? I want the system but I don't want to reinstall my old system, wait for AM to receive broken one, then wait to have them send a new one for install... Too much work and time on my end.

For those of you that have it, if you listen to a FM radio station. Should it display the title/song the radio is playing? Mine doesn't and I thought it would.

Also, if you listen to the navigation turn-by-turns does it only voice out of the driver side speaker?
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Yes only our of the drivers side because you are the one who needs the directions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle...

I think this is a known bug when using an app for music then getting a call. I have read about it before.

I haven't tested the navigation enough to notice the driver side only issue.

And if your factory radio didn't display track names from FM stations the Raxiom won't either.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
I think this is a known bug when using an app for music then getting a call. I have read about it before.

I haven't tested the navigation enough to notice the driver side only issue.

And if your factory radio didn't display track names from FM stations the Raxiom won't either.

Sent from my #racecar
Really? I can't find anything. Let me know if you remember where you read that stuff.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I finally got the new nav system from AM.
Installed fine just like the previous one.
It did not go in the boot loop yet but I have not been using the SYNC yet.
Only been using the radio to see if it freezes or boot loops without an iPhone connected.
If it is fine for a day, I'll connect my SYNC and see if it has the same problem.

One thing I did notice is that "Nav" button sticks when pressed and the "Display" button is just hard to press. Pretty annoying and may just return it, it seems the quality control on these systems is not very high. Not sure if I want to go through the process of getting another system...

Also, when you use the touch screen it "beeps" and the beep sound on this system is very weak.
Not like the last system, it had a strong ackknowleable "beep" but this system sounds like a weak battery dying "beep." Idk, just another thing.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post
seems the quality control on these systems is not very high
I've always felt these thing reek of cheapness, like all Raxiom products pretty much

sent from my Galaxy S6 using tapatalk
Old 06-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update.
So since the second unit has buttons that don't work and an embarrasing "beep" that sounds like it's running out of batteries. I figured I would put the old unit back in with the new wiring from the new unit. For some reason the old unit didn't go into a boot loop. Yay!
Worked fine for a day, now it boot loops...
Guess both of these units are going back to AM, unless they want to send me a third unit...
Sucks, I had to drill a hole in my license plate for the rear camera too...
Old 06-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Damn

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT