2014 GT 5.0 exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:49 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
The 67/68 Mustang GT had quad tips and my 76 455 Trans Am had quad tips.....although the Pontiac's were pointed towards the ground. Just to name a few..............pure American!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
Speaking of opinions,
I think i'm one of the only guys on here that don't like the quad tips. Way too European looking for me. To me, a Mustang should look like an American Muscle car. And quad tips kills that for me.
i recently fell in love with the quad tips... im planning on getting rid of my current setup (ford racing 3" catback w/ xpipe) for a set of corsa quad tip xtremes and gt500 rear valence... not sure if im gonna do the rear valence in carbon or not though.
5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
The 67/68 Mustang GT had quad tips and my 76 455 Trans Am had quad tips.....although the Pontiac's were pointed towards the ground. Just to name a few..............pure American!
The 289 HIPO and the 390GT. But all 67/68 GTs did NOT have quad tips. And a 76 Trans Am? I'm talking about the original old school muscle cars. Not the 30 years of garbage produced between 1972-2002. My point is that more than 90% of muscle cars did not come with quad tips. So as previously stated, for me, quad tips do NOT look like old school American muscle.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Corvettes have quad exhaust tips for a long time now. Given they are a sports car not a muscle car. But to each his own, I guess.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Corvettes have quad exhaust tips for a long time now. Given they are a sports car not a muscle car. But to each his own, I guess.

Adventure till you drop

Touche. I REALLY like the look of the corvette quad exhaust that's all right there in the middle. I was referring to the dual tips on each side seperated like the GT500's.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

quad tips are ffin sexy as hell

check it out
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/P58g5qzSetQ/maxresdefault.jpg
Old 06-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
The 289 HIPO and the 390GT. But all 67/68 GTs did NOT have quad tips. And a 76 Trans Am? I'm talking about the original old school muscle cars. Not the 30 years of garbage produced between 1972-2002. My point is that more than 90% of muscle cars did not come with quad tips. So as previously stated, for me, quad tips do NOT look like old school American muscle.
You are right and also any Mustang could be ordered with what was called a GT Equipment Group Option which meant it had quad exhaust. This option could be ordered on any 67/68 Mustang.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

corsa is by far the best way to go.. especially if you wanna go quad tip.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #44
doyouevenforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5liter View Post
corsa is by far the best way to go.. especially if you wanna go quad tip.
I almost pulled the trigger on this set up. Only thing that held me back was the price. Love the look and sound. Wish I could hear it in person and compare to my current set up to help me decide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post
I almost pulled the trigger on this set up. Only thing that held me back was the price. Love the look and sound. Wish I could hear it in person and compare to my current set up to help me decide

im planning to do corsa xtremes mated to borla ota pipes 2.75"... not sure what x pipe i will use though. i might just leave it at that till i decide to get long tubes so i can get the right x pipe to match them.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post

just found out corsa quad tips only come in the sport mufflers not the xtremes. so in that case i'll prolly go with borla atak quad tips, the one they make for the gt500.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #47
doyouevenforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5liter View Post
just found out corsa quad tips only come in the sport mufflers not the xtremes. so in that case i'll prolly go with borla atak quad tips, the one they make for the gt500.
Nice. I'll have to check em out. If I do decide to do it it'll be while so I have some time to look around. Let me know how you like them

Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Borla Touring axle backs with cabin sound tube delete gives a nice quiet cabin, no drone. There is a low burble at freeway speed and she barks, in a gentlemanly way, when you get on it. Entertainment for me without annoying / pissing off the neighbors.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #49

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdote View Post
I'm sure this has been asked and I'm sorry if it has. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2014 GT 5.0 conv stock exhaust is pitiful and that's being nice looking for a great rumble, not over the top load but want true muscle car sound. I'm looking at roush, flo master and other suggestions I feel lost with all the non relevant info out there
It depends on the sound level you want. The Roush is not a quite axle back. I have been in a 5.0 with the Roush on it, it sounds nice but it is not quiet at all when driving around town. I went with the Ford Racing Sport Axle back. It has a great sound/rumble imo. It is a slight sound level increase inside the car and a noticeable sound level increase outside the car. Like I said it depends on how loud you want this to be.
5.0Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Borla Touring axle backs with cabin sound tube delete gives a nice quiet cabin, no drone. There is a low burble at freeway speed and she barks, in a gentlemanly way, when you get on it. Entertainment for me without annoying / pissing off the neighbors.
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but have you ever wondered what you GT would look like with twin tip GT500 mufflers, GT500 rear valance, and GT500 spoiler with GT500 wheels and tires??? Looks pretty close to your avatar don't you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-17 11.07.34.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	184516  
Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

2014 GT 5.0 exhaust

^ Basically what you're saying is it will look like a GT500 minus the shelby badging.

Adventure till you drop
Old 06-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Yes, I love the look. Haven't taken a picture of the front yet with the Boss 302 spoiler..............waiting for the Laguna Seca additional piece and struts/modified front lower grill and then should be ready for the Silver States Classic in September and that awesome 13+ mile straight stretch.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

2014 GT 5.0 exhaust

13-14 GT500's are so frigging awesome. That quad exhaust really sold it for me. I nearly bought one, but decided against it. I didn't think being 21 with 662HP 200+MPH car was a good idea. Definitely, looking into them as a future buy, along with he Hellcat Challenger.

Adventure till you drop
Old 06-09-2015, 11:24 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

I agree, $55/60k is just more than I want to spend for a car and on the other hand nothing like 600+hp on tap, "You can never have enough HP" though. My ole N/A Maverick had that kind of HP.........but that was in straight line.
Nothing like carving corners in the triple digits!
Old 06-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but have you ever wondered what you GT would look like with twin tip GT500 mufflers, GT500 rear valance, and GT500 spoiler with GT500 wheels and tires??? Looks pretty close to your avatar don't you think?
Pretty close!
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #56

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawk952 View Post
Just wanted to chime in since i'm new here also. I purchased my 2014 GT November of last year and immediately the next day went out and picked up the Roush axlebacks. Like you I was torn. Roush or Borla you cant go wrong if you dont plan to do other exhaust mods unlike myself. Ijust picked up a set of longtube headers, so the Roush has to go because im sure with the offroad x they'll be a little overbearing.
What did you end up going with? Just installed lth and catted x pipe and the roush axel back are way overbearing. Was thinking of the rtr axelback. Any feedback?
Waddlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #57

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlez View Post
What did you end up going with? Just installed lth and catted x pipe and the roush axel back are way overbearing. Was thinking of the rtr axelback. Any feedback?
Right now I'm running the headers and xpipe with the stock mufflers. I'm waiting for my gt500 axlebacks to be delivered. I'm kinda liking the stock GT mufflers a little, it's very quiet and a really good sleeper setup. Installed the headers last Thursday and Friday the roush had to come off, you haven't heard overbearing until you run them without cats. The trumpeting effect is terrible.
Khawk952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

get a roush

i got a roush on my 14 GT a couple months back and I'm still loving it u get so many compliments
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

2014 GT 5.0 exhaust

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:26 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patron777 View Post
i got a roush on my 14 GT a couple months back and I'm still loving it u get so many compliments

How's the roush exhausts? Some ppl had some serious rust on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:35 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Mlp07;2247024]How's the roush exhausts? Some ppl had some serious rust on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUOTE

i heard the same but no rust yet for me they sound great
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Had my roush exhaust for a year now and no rust. But the car is garaged and doesn't see much rain

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:15 AM   #63

Region: Canada
I just installed the MBRP catback street version, Great deep tone no drone and great price for a catback system. Easy instal, great fit and finsh,running stock headers and cats.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:48 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Here's my vote, Ford Racing's GT500 50 state legal mufflers. I'm sure mine will be perfect with a high flow cat x/h pipe one day.
MUFFLER KIT MGT/MSVT 2011-14 $412. Bought mine here too. Great folks.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have the RTR street axleback, it's loud at idle and low rpm, but you barely hear anything inside the car above 2K rpm. I will be getting their competition axleback at some point, the street one is too quiet for me.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Roush will be quiet while cruising then loud under throttle. They are louder before they are "broken in" too. But I promise you they are one of the best options for a daily driven. You can hear the radio or talk on the phone while driving, but once you start moving some gas in there, it's one of the best sounds you can give to a mustang. Roush does really good work.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:32 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I went to a shop who custom did a cat delete with xpipe connected to some flowmasters. All 3 inch piping all the way to the back. Its nice and loud i love it. It has a really deep loud idle and then when cruising its nice and gurgly and when i step on it i leave the car im racing deaf lmao. But thats only sometimes and in the track lol. But the shop charged me $350 and i found a brand new gt500 rear valence with quad tips included on ebay for $250. Non the less i gotta say i love it. I hate the flowmaster drone but i can still listen to radio and talk. So its all about what you want ultimately. Try to go to a car show and listen to some cars and decide what you want. Goodluck
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434961876.292989.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	185524Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434961922.698845.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	185525
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Had my roush exhaust for a year now and no rust. But the car is garaged and doesn't see much rain

Rollin' in my 5.0
Me too, no rust, love my Roush, best sounding axle back, hands down,,IMHO lol.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

What about ROUSH with a resonator delete? Anyone running that? I have a res delete GT500 setup right now. Wanna switch to ROUSH but I'm afraid it's gonna sound bad without the resonators. Opinions? Anyone wanna trade ota pipes?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

2014 GT 5.0 exhaust

Roush sound great on a stock set up. Alter anything on the system, and they start sounding bad. But sound is always a subjective matter. It's much more complicated than loudness, because loud is loud. Sound on the other hand varies from person to person. What sounds good to me might not sound good to others, and vice versa.

Pick your poison.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust