Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2014 GT 5.0 exhaust

Tags
exhaust
7K views 83 replies 36 participants last post by  Jesusv818 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked and I'm sorry if it has. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2014 GT 5.0 conv stock exhaust is pitiful and that's being nice looking for a great rumble, not over the top load but want true muscle car sound. I'm looking at roush, flo master and other suggestions I feel lost with all the non relevant info out there

#10 ·
Just wanted to chime in since i'm new here also. I purchased my 2014 GT November of last year and immediately the next day went out and picked up the Roush axlebacks. Like you I was torn. Roush or Borla you cant go wrong if you dont plan to do other exhaust mods unlike myself. Ijust picked up a set of longtube headers, so the Roush has to go because im sure with the offroad x they'll be a little overbearing.

#19 ·
Roush axle backs alone, without resonator delete or any other change has no drone whatsoever.
I formerly posted comments that they do drone but I made those statements unaware that the 2011 I had, also had resonator deletes.
Roush AB by itself absolutely no drone and quite pleasant. Take of the resonators too and you have mind numbing drone, but it sure sounds good.

#14 ·
These threads are half useless. Not being rude, or negative. Here is why. Everyone has what they have and likes what they have. So they say hey get what I have. Go to a car show, walk around and listen to other guys setups. If you can swing it, go to mustang week, or the American muscle show. Then you can make your own opinion and decide what's right for you.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

#15 ·
Roush if you're not doing anything else to the exhaust, in my opinion.

That's what I have and it sounds good, in my opinion. Loud enough with no drone.

I understand if you put long tube headers and off-road pipes it can get pretty loud and raspy.

For a stock setup I like the Roush axle-backs.

All my opinion. I bought mine based on other people's opinion on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#28 ·
I got flowmasters on mine. I love the sound, but on highway it can be kind of annoying with drone on 6th gear at 2k rpms. I drive city 80% and 20% highway so it's not much of a annoyance, but still thinking if I should sell mine and get roush or something with same deep loud sound, but with no drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#27 ·
Mufflers are pretty much an individual preference. I really wanted something other than the single tail pipe and more aggressive than my stock mufflers. I listened online for weeks, then decided after seeing the great price deal of $625 for both mufflers and the GT500 rear diffuser with all the hardware. The only drawback was taking the bumper off myself and cutting into my less than 7000 mile TrakPak Mustang.
I love the sound and get compliments all the time. The guys at the Ford dealership are always after me to pump it up when I leave. On the road the sound is perfect for this ole ears and no drone at all. I like the sound but most of all I like the looks!
EXHAUST KIT QUAD TIP MGT 2013-14

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.