did I mess up by buying a v6? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #106
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
FTW

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1433901697.605389.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	184514

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
FTW

Attachment 184514

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Hate you. Jk. Are you tuned? I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
J.K well I really want to say thank you guys but not for the feed back but for coming together as a team whether you have a v8 or v6 this thread was never about if I really messed up but about a community of mustang fans and how we can come together to help each other out of all forums out thier thier is no one better than the mustang forums I have to say THANK YOU ALL for being a A+ community!
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Thank you all for your generous feed back with all the help I had from you guys I went on to buying a 1995 Honda civic lol!
Just save up for a bit and wait for a good deal to pop up on a 5.0. I got my 13 premium with recaros for $ 23.8k , 30k miles. Traded my v6 and put a couple grand towards it and payments stayed nearly the same for a way better car.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #110
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Hate you. Jk. Are you tuned? I'm not.

Nope. That's stock tune, 3.31 gears, mt-82, cruise control set about 77 99% highway in VA through the mountains.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
V8 is weak and nothing impressive? Get outta here with that. The 5.0 is a great bargain for someone who wants over 400hp, 28mpg all for under 30k. My V6 was fun , but I definitely dont wish I could have it back over my 5.0.
I apologize for not being more specific on my comment. This was my fault and please let me explain what I was talking about. I was referring to the V8 rumble sound from factory set up, was weak and not impressive.

The power and performance is freaking awesome and I was only referring to the sound of it from the factory. My bad for not completing my thought and being more detailed. I see after rereading my post how it looks like and sorry for that.

Again, the 5.0 is very impressive for the performance and power it makes. Just its V8 rumble is less desirable from a factory set up.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well the same for the v6. After I added magnaflows to my 3.7 it sounded good, but the sound didnt match the looks of the mustang in my opinion. All you need is a few hundred $$ to make a stock 5.0 sound great.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will find that arguing v6/v8 3.7/5.0 with Kona is not going to go anywhere. Lol. I actually respect what these 3.7's can do but for me 5.0 or bust. I'd rather take a grand and put it toward a bone stock base 5.0 then airbrushing some junk under the hood of a 3.7. But Kona wouldn't. I'm cool with that. He is cool with that. I just wish Kona didn't feel like he has to defend the worlds 3.7's and all people who ever made the choice to buy one. Especially in a thread where a guy basically isn't happy with his. Love your show Kona, but brush that chip off your shoulder bud. We are okay with your choice. 😜

IG @Oxford5pointoh
No chip here good sir. I love the 5.0's. Heck my father has a 2014 CS 5.0 triple black. Amazing pony. Love it. Besides, how do you know the airbrushing work I'm getting is junk. Lol. 😆

I'm just not into the performance aspect as much as you or many others are, which by the way is cool. Nothing wrong with the OP not being happy with his 3.7. I was right there to tell him he made a mistake and needs to sell his 3.7 and buy the 5.0 asap.

If you don't like the car, trade it and buy another car you do like. I'm all for it. I don't feel like I have to defend the worlds 3.7's that's what alsfire and grabberblue 1993 job is. Ha ha ha

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well the same for the v6. After I added magnaflows to my 3.7 it sounded good, but the sound didnt match the looks of the mustang in my opinion. All you need is a few hundred $$ to make a stock 5.0 sound great.
I agree totally, the 3.7 factory mufflers are not so hot. The 3.7 also needs a full exhaust system.

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm gonna need full exhaust system on the 5.0 for my liking. I'm talking long tubes, H pipe and axle backs. Around $ 1,300 and done.

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With my m6 and 3.31 gears I see 28-30mpg if I cruise around 65mph .

Quote:
Nope. That's stock tune, 3.31 gears, mt-82, cruise control set about 77 99% highway in VA through the mountains.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Damn you both. I have 3.73's and mostly city driving. Hovering right at 16.9

Old 06-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm gonna need full exhaust system on the 5.0 for my liking. I'm talking long tubes, H pipe and axle backs. Around $ 1,300 and done.

Have a great day!

Axle backs are fine for pure sound, depending on what brand you go with. That being said, I will have a header back exhaust at some point. I have to get a mid at some point soon

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #118
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

how do you know the airbrushing work I'm getting is junk. Lol. 😆

I didn't say "it" was junk, just that you were getting some junk airbrushed. As in stuff.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #119
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

2014oxstang-- You clearly said:

Quote:
Like I said earlier, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a V6 mustang, that's just my opinion. If I didn't have the funds, I'd pick a different platform.
Being a Mustang guy like you say you are, I would bet if your V8 was stolen or wrecked and all you could find is a V6 or Turbo 4 Mustang.That is what you would get and mod the heck out of it to get it your way.

I really don't think you would go for a Jap car or camaro. A hellcat maybe but probably another Mustang.

I do know what you mean about the 5.0 coyote engine. It is hard to beat and sounds great. I'm happy you love it and stick with Mustangs.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't say "it" was junk, just that you were getting some junk airbrushed. As in stuff.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Ha ha . I was just having fun with ya bro. I am sorry though for not clarifing my comment. I didn't mean the 5.0's performance and power was weak and not impressive.

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

^this. In the 11-14 mustangs the v6 has extremely similar characteristics from the factory as the 5.0 with 2 less cylinders and 115 less hp. Both have sound deadening mufflers from the factory to make them "comfortable" for anyone looking to dd them and in order to get peak performance you will want to get a tune. Point being just about any negative attribute about one applies to the other.

Both stock and modded (regardless on how far you want to mod) both engines are great choices just depending on what you want. I love my v6 but you can bet if I ever got into racing again and wanted a fast car and not just a fun dd I would be selling it and buying a 5.0. It's hard to beat 420 hp with factory reliability.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

[QUsOTE=ronnie948;2243124]Being a Mustang guy like you say you are, I would bet if your V8 was stolen or wrecked and all you could find is a V6 or Turbo 4 Mustang.That is what you would get and mod the heck out of it to get it your way.

I really don't think you would go for a Jap car or camaro. A hellcat maybe but probably another Mustang.

I do know what you mean about the 5.0 coyote engine. It is hard to beat and sounds great. I'm happy you love it and stick with Mustangs.

Ronnie[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware to be a "mustang enthusiast" you needed to only buy mustangs? That new? Lol if my V8 was stolen, I'd buy the new RS, or maybe a new 3 BMW. The mustang is my favorite vehicle, but it is not a necessity. Especially living in New England lol.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Thank you all for your generous feed back with all the help I had from you guys I went on to buying a 1995 Honda civic lol!
So, what are you going to do?

Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
[QUsOTE=ronnie948;2243124]Being a Mustang guy like you say you are, I would bet if your V8 was stolen or wrecked and all you could find is a V6 or Turbo 4 Mustang.That is what you would get and mod the heck out of it to get it your way.

Ronnie
I wasn't aware to be a "mustang enthusiast" you needed to only buy mustangs? That new? Lol if my V8 was stolen, I'd buy the new RS, or maybe a new 3 BMW. The mustang is my favorite vehicle, but it is not a necessity. Especially living in New England lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUOTE]

I'd get the new RS in a heartbeat, and put a Ford Racing tune on it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
You're manual 2014 cost 25k. That's great price. A manual 2014 3.7 could of been had for 18k back with the high rebates. Back when I bought my mustang, 5.0's could not be had for 25k.

Have a great day!
Yes it was a great price. And base 3.7's could be had for less than that, one of my employees bought a '14 V6 at the same dealer with my advice for less than $17000 OTD during the frenzy.
My wife's Focus Titanium hatch has all of the technology I need, and my Mark VIII LSC has the luxury. I picked the base GT as it had everything needed (and some not) with a muscle car. Everyone's needs and wants are different, hence four different models between 2011-2014 further broken down by Premium and base on the GT and V6.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Who cares what it costs? It does not really matter as long as you like your car and the Mod's you did to it to get it your way.
This V8 versus V6 feud has been going on for many years. It will probably never be over.
I personally love a V8.
I also love a 3.7 Cyclone V6 ( I have one)
With my Mod's and my Magnaflows it not only looks good but also sounds great. The deep rumble of the Magnaflows are music to my ears and most of the people I meet at car shows or anyplace else tells me it sounds good when I'm backing into a space.
When I was at Orlando Speed World I turned a 13.3 My Friend turned a 13.1 with his 3.7 tuned V6 manual. There were Two V8's there both in the low 14's ( Wheels spin Problems)
Tony did run one and killed him. That don't mean the V8 is a slouch, It means the V6 does have an advantage at the drag strip with street tires.
On a roll going from 30 or 40 MPH the V8 will kill a V6 every time. But not by as much as you think it would.
What it boils down to is both engine on these new Mustangs are great and Both are worth owning.
They are getting 600 horsepower out of the turbo four with modification. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not. Does that make it better then a V8 or V6 -Of course not. Are there people that will own a four love their Mustang -Of Course they will.
Oh Well, I said my peace.
Ronnie
Don't know about the V-6 having an advantage with street tires, with my off idle launch and soft peddling out of the hole I still ran a 12.7 at 114 at over 1000 ft D/A and my 300+ pound body driving. With slicks and aggressive launch it should be a high 11 second car. The V-6's I have run on the highway have been left by bus lengths, but I have not run a forced induction one yet. Just my experience, yours may differ.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand you have to defend your car, but no need to call the 5.0 weak and such..
I think he meant the stock exhaust sound, and in that he has a point.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #128
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Scott

You know how to drive when Drag Racing. Most people do not.
I did state that on a roll the V6 has no chance at all against a V8.
Me and Tony did get one of the guys in the GT down to the mid 13'd from the mid 14's just by teaching him how to get going without cooking the tires. With practice he should do a whole lot better.

The old saying of " THERE AIN"T NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES" is usually right on. ( Forget turbos and SC's )
Ronnie

PS::: are you going to the American Muscle Mustang show?? They will have the drag strip open that evening. It should be a good time.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
I think he meant the stock exhaust sound, and in that he has a point.
Yes sir, I was only referring to the exhaust sound. My bad for the misunderstanding.

Have a great day!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #130
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Snoop,

the Civic answer was a laff. +1 on this being one of the better forums the majority would prefer a V8 and admit it would be better.....but not everyone can/wants to spend the price be it a Turbo 4/ V6/ V8/Shelby etc.....

Mud would like a Boss Laguna Seca (or a 2015 GT) but is too cheap and my Base Model V6 with the perf package is still loved.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Snoop been very quiet during this thread. Too quiet. Snoop dog. 😆😎

Have a great day!
Old 06-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Drop it like its hot!

Old 06-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

I had a 2011 v6 in grabber blue. And upgraded to the 2011 5.0 recently.

I think the v6 is all you need in reality. Mine was stock as hell the whole time I had it but enjoyed every minute of it.

Sure it doesn't sound like the v8 or pick up speed as quickly. But in reality it's worth it. You will end up saving yourself a lot of money too

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmadill View Post
I had a 2011 v6 in grabber blue. And upgraded to the 2011 5.0 recently.

I think the v6 is all you need in reality. Mine was stock as hell the whole time I had it but enjoyed every minute of it.

Sure it doesn't sound like the v8 or pick up speed as quickly. But in reality it's worth it. You will end up saving yourself a lot of money too

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
You might save money if one doesn't mod their 5.0 and keep it completely stock. Spending 5k to mod a 5.0 one isn't gonna save anything except the ridicule of owning a V6 mustang. Ha ha. Which can be worth something! 👍

I have thick skin so getting my chops busted daily from my co workers and people about owning a V6 mustang, pays no mind to me. The fact their talking about my mustang is good enough to make me happy. 😆

OP, we all now know you messed up but no biggie. Sell the 14 V6 and get the 5.0. Problem solved! You deserve to be happy now get out there and treat yourself to that desired 5.0.

Have a great day!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:10 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You know how to drive when Drag Racing. Most people do not.
I did state that on a roll the V6 has no chance at all against a V8.
Me and Tony did get one of the guys in the GT down to the mid 13'd from the mid 14's just by teaching him how to get going without cooking the tires. With practice he should do a whole lot better.

The old saying of " THERE AIN"T NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES" is usually right on. ( Forget turbos and SC's )
Ronnie

PS::: are you going to the American Muscle Mustang show?? They will have the drag strip open that evening. It should be a good time.
Looks like I am off that weekend, I just might have to come up. I just went to the Fords at Carlisle event and had a blast.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #136
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This is even better

There is no other event like this one. This is ONLY MUSTANGS. No Fords No Street Rods No Trucks. I hope they keep it this way.
Plus you get to meet a few of the people that are on the Forum. It is nice to put faces to names even the ones we sometimes disagree with. We get to shake hands and get some good laughs and war stories.
Ronnie
Old 06-12-2015, 01:34 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

I could've also gotten a 2014 5.0, or 2005 GTO , but I wanted that nice independent rear suspicion, with the nice interior I figured a daily driver 300 hrp was more than enough lol. And I have heard of many people trading in their 4 banger for a 5.0. Who knew the turbo lag was that bad hmm. Anyways It's really personal preference, like I previously mentioned most people can't tell apart of a v4,v6 or v8... I love my GT but I also love my v6 but I do prefer 2010 or newer v6's. I just thing older v6's look ugly without that duel exhaust lol.

-1996 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang (BAYAREARACING)
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
I could've also gotten a 2014 5.0, or 2005 GTO , but I wanted that nice independent rear suspicion, with the nice interior I figured a daily driver 300 hrp was more than enough lol. And I have heard of many people trading in their 4 banger for a 5.0. Who knew the turbo lag was that bad hmm. Anyways It's really personal preference, like I previously mentioned most people can't tell apart of a v4,v6 or v8... I love my GT but I also love my v6 but I do prefer 2010 or newer v6's. I just thing older v6's look ugly without that duel exhaust lol.

Unless it is an old Saab, it doesn't have a V4.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post

Very, very, very few V4's out there. 99% are inline four cylinders, or I4.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #140
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
did I mess up by buying a v6?

Porsche has a turbo 2.0L V4 in the 919.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT