Tunes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Black View Post
I have heard bad things about Bama but with the new staff the V2's have been getting a lot of positive feedback.
Thats good to hear, just remember that for the same price you can buy a sct device from JMS, Steeda, BBR, etc that have been running good tunes for a long time. I have no personal problem with Bama, but for 2-3 years the feedback on their tune sucked and they never made improvements hust flooded the internet with excuses all the time. If you datalog the inexpensive tunes (JMS, Steeda, BBR) and see that something is not spot on they will send a revision, most of the changes they will make to a revised tune don't take that long at all. Tuning these bolt on cars is not unicorn magic, it boils down to good communication with proper data logs and a little patience. Any of these companies want their tunes running correctly, but they need good info to make the correct changes.
Nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Black View Post
I thought about the FRPP, the only thing I do not like is the knocking issue that will happen. Ford said a little knock is ok but to me....well that doesn't make me feel safe haha. It seemed like a good drive-ability tune until I heard about the knocking. Perhaps they fixed this.
I think they've fixed that. My car has not knocked at all on 91 octane, which is the best I can get in California. The tune's been in there now for 6-7,000 miles now. I do avoid off-brand and try to stick to top tier gasoline, usually Shell, Chevron or 76.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Our tuning devices all come with tunes for life ... so you are getting that benefit too.

Also, we are not about making the most powerful which could cause an issue ... our tunes are written to be safe, reliable, powerful, etc. bottom line, they are not going to cause an issue to your investment & that is what we hang our hat one.

Here is James for example:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.

Let me know if I can help assist with a unit - SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes 388-7015 | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Seeing as you are in VA, if you have an automatic, go to Mike Rousch at Midatlantic Performance. He is regarded one of the best, if not the best automatic transmission tuner for the 11+. Manual, Lund or AED is the way to go.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #40
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Tunes

I currently have the procal. When the 3 yr warranty is up , I plan on going to mid Atlantic. I have to travel to richmond on business once or twice a year and plan on spending the 300 bucks and having him DYNO it
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
question about bama tunes for life.

I have a SCT Livewire TS and free tunes for life through BAMA, and I'm trying to find out what is up with the V2, could someone let me know what's up? Thanks.
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBry0311 View Post
I have a SCT Livewire TS and free tunes for life through BAMA, and I'm trying to find out what is up with the V2, could someone let me know what's up? Thanks.
I decided on the Bama V2. I am currently running it on my mustang, while I have only uploaded the 91 performance tune I am quite impressed so far. I am going to type a review on it in the not to distant future but I figure I would post this for you/those that will search this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Seeing as you are in VA, if you have an automatic, go to Mike Rousch at Midatlantic Performance. He is regarded one of the best, if not the best automatic transmission tuner for the 11+. Manual, Lund or AED is the way to go.
I do not have an auto. I will probably go Lund or AED down the road but so far the V2 is pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Our tuning devices all come with tunes for life ... so you are getting that benefit too.

Also, we are not about making the most powerful which could cause an issue ... our tunes are written to be safe, reliable, powerful, etc. bottom line, they are not going to cause an issue to your investment & that is what we hang our hat one.

Here is James for example:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.

Let me know if I can help assist with a unit - SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes 388-7015 | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thank you for the reply TJ. I was able to drive a Bama V2 mustang the same day you posted. I went that route for now and am happy so far (knock on wood). I wouldn't hesitate to give you guys a shot down the road in the future, especially if this proves to not work out as I read nothing but good things. Ultimately driving the Bama V2 on a similarly moded mustang was hard to turn away.
5.0Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #43

Region: Florida
Good luck on the Bama tune, hope it works out for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
blkcalispecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcalispecial View Post
Good luck on the Bama tune, hope it works out for you.

I figured it'd be a controversial choice but driving the new V2 and not being able to find anything negative on the V2's was hard to turn away.
So far I can't say anything bad. It Idles normally (smidge bit higher to be exact). The power band is smoother and it pulls hard from start to finish. It also seemed to changed the sound of my car slightly, not much but it did get more robust sounding. Going to try the 93 Race tune this week and see how that works. Only downside I have noticed so far is about -1 mpg.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #45

The simple fact that they have different names for a tune is reason enough. Also log it and tell me if you have any knock activity on your ks. I'll bet you don't.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcalispecial View Post
The simple fact that they have different names for a tune is reason enough. Also log it and tell me if you have any knock activity on your ks. I'll bet you don't.

Yea the original Bama tunes were a little too risky for me but the V2 seems to be a different ball game some time this week. I will try to get a data log the 91 performance tune and 93 race tune this week. What is your email?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #47

Ryanhagberg1@gmail.com

I am basically saying if you have one tune done correctly why do you need performance, or race names? Just call it 93 octane tune. I'd recommend Chris Holmes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT