Performance advice. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

Region: Louisiana
Performance advice.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum here and hoping I could get some advice. I bought my 14 mustang gt automatic a little over a year ago and I have recently decided I wanted to get the best performance out of the car thst I could. So far all I have for the car is stainless works headers and catless x pipe, though I haven't installed them as of yet. Anyway I recently got a bonus from work and paired with the money I have set aside I have about 5k I could spend on parts for the car. So I was hoping to get some advice on what parts to get/avoid and see what everyone's opinion on staying N/A vs going boosted.
Thank you all in advance for any advice.
dcook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Well first, you will need a tune for the headers and X pipe.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Well first, you will need a tune for the headers and X pipe.
Yeah, I was just planning on waiting until I had everything so I could just get it all put on and tuned at the same time.
dcook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You want better performance?

Take the car in to the dealership, give them $5k & your car and get a 2015 GT automatic.

Ok, so it won't be straight line faster, but it will handle better, comes with much better stock brakes, has great interior, back up camera, etc... standard.

And it will look faster!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcook22 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum here and hoping I could get some advice. I bought my 14 mustang gt automatic a little over a year ago and I have recently decided I wanted to get the best performance out of the car thst I could. So far all I have for the car is stainless works headers and catless x pipe, though I haven't installed them as of yet. Anyway I recently got a bonus from work and paired with the money I have set aside I have about 5k I could spend on parts for the car. So I was hoping to get some advice on what parts to get/avoid and see what everyone's opinion on staying N/A vs going boosted.

A nice set of tires would be a good investment. As well as some rear control arms.
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcook22 View Post
I'm actually amazed at the amount of "what do you think I should do to my car?" threads on here...

Decide what YOU want. You're going to easily spend more than 5k to properly run a boosted setup. You should also clarify what you mean by performance. Since you have the money I would recommend getting a good coilover set for your car. As well as a adjustable panhard bar or watts link and an UCA. Get the suspension setup proper and a good set of tires and you'll get the most out of the car imo. You would also want to get a tune, I would find a shop and get a good dyno tune and you'll probably not add anything more to the car except for aesthetic reasons.
Koni STR's
Air Raid CAI
Borla axlebacks
ShatterPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
A great boost in performance would be this package: Steeda 2011-14 Boss Mustang Power Pack Manual Transmission 555-3939 | Free Shipping!

We have seen peak gains in excess of 50 horsepower.

With the power ... you will need to start looking at your suspension to keep the car planted. Springs, Mounts, Shocks, etc. will provide you with a great handling car ... something similar to this:

Also, what do you use your car for & what are goals? If you are interested ... I can have my build team put together a fantastic package to meet your need along with form pricing.

You can email me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It sounds to me that you are mostly interested in power gains/ acceleration gains. For an automatic car look at one of the TVS 2300 blower set up from Roush, VMP, Magnuson, Edelbrock. One of these blowers, a really good tune, and a pair of drag radials and you have a really fun 550+rwhhp car with great throttle response and should be completely reliable.

You cant do this for $5k grand new, but if your mechanically inclined shop around and look at used kits. I bought a used Magnuson kit, installed it myself and am all in for under $4k. Im totally happy with the car (around 600 rwhp) and consider it done from from a power standpoint, it's a really fun car to drive if your just normally driving from stop light to stop light or going wot. I have had a bunch of late model muscle cars and thought the mustang was really lame in stock form, they are decently fast stock, but they "feel" slow. The blower/tune completely changed that at all throttle inputs. You could also sell the headers, any of the blowers are only a pulley swap and tune away from maxing out the stock motor capability and the headers arent really needed.
Nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
5k isn't enough for a blower. Like others have said, spend it on a good tune for the headers and off road x you already have along with a good suspension set up. I spent about 2k on suspension and frame stiffening and it's a completely different car. Maybe it doesn't have an extra 200 hp from a blower, but I would bet I would smoke a guy with only a blower on a mountain road. Power is planted down like it should and cornering is amazing.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT