should i get a bam a x4 tuner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
should i get a bam a x4 tuner?

i got a 2014 gt track pack with a roush exhaust so will i see gains with this tuner
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Sure will. I have a 14 GT and got the V2 tune from Bama and I'm more than pleased with it. Much more responsive. Tranz shifts are more aggressive but not harsh or annoying. Do it you'll love it.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Buy a blank SCT flasher and contact a real tuner.

Shawn @ AED, Jon Lund, Rev Auto, VMP, Mike Rousch @ Mid-Atlantic. In no particular order.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
KushBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Don't listen to all the tune snobs on these forums. Everyone thinks their tuner is better than everyone else. Contact a real tuner? Ya, stay away from those imaginary ones.
2014 GT Premium. Cobra Jet Intake with monoblade throttle body and FRPP CAI. Ford Racing Sport axle backs. Pypes off road H pipe. Numerous appearance mods, it was a plain blue Mustang when I bought it.
ResilientMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientMidget View Post
Don't listen to all the tune snobs on these forums. Everyone thinks their tuner is better than everyone else. Contact a real tuner? Ya, stay away from those imaginary ones.
Cause Bama didn't just send someone on the forum a tune for an auto car when he has a manual. How about all the people who need 7 revisions and still can't get the car tuned right?

You know why they had the "cylinder #8" warranty? Cause they were the ones popping them left and right. But go ahead, go get a Wal-Mart tune.
KushBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Close the thread now ...game over

PAC-man *sound effect* "doo do do do dodo blot blot"

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Very true
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patron777 View Post
i got a 2014 gt track pack with a roush exhaust so will i see gains with this tuner
Having just put over 400 miles on Project Coyote (Our beloved shop car that saw the first V2 Tunes) I can personally attest to the improvement not only based on the seat of my pants but also seeing it on not one but two different dynos with varying conditions. The Bama X4 Tuner is hands down one of the best mods that we can put on our cars. Every Mustang will produce power differently as well as every other dyno never giving an identical reading. If you're looking for a general idea of what the car would be producing with just the Tuner on the car (And maybe a Cold Air Intake) I would suggest taking a look at the video below. That's Zach's car he works on our marketing team and having personally driven this car before and after along was facilitating the installs the car made power and is a totally different animal. Here's a link to Zach's Build:

I just wanted to note that Zach did have a C&L Cold Air Intake installed on the car as well - If you're going to do one. Do the other. 90% of customers that either do a CAI without a tuner, or a tuner without a cold air intake turn around a few weeks down the road and buy one. Check out some Cold Air Intakes for your GT as well.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Sure will. I have a 14 GT and got the V2 tune from Bama and I'm more than pleased with it. Much more responsive. Tranz shifts are more aggressive but not harsh or annoying. Do it you'll love it.
Happy to hear that you're enjoying your V2's sir! Let me know if anything in the meantime, I'm a PM away.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushBandit View Post
Cause Bama didn't just send someone on the forum a tune for an auto car when he has a manual. How about all the people who need 7 revisions and still can't get the car tuned right?

You know why they had the "cylinder #8" warranty? Cause they were the ones popping them left and right. But go ahead, go get a Wal-Mart tune.
I am fairly certain that Walmart does not sell aftermarket tunes.
2014 GT Premium. Cobra Jet Intake with monoblade throttle body and FRPP CAI. Ford Racing Sport axle backs. Pypes off road H pipe. Numerous appearance mods, it was a plain blue Mustang when I bought it.
ResilientMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I just bought the x4 tuner and a tune from Bama, overall I am happy with the tune. I for sure noticed a power difference when I got it loaded up. Was it night and day? No. But you are talking 10-15 whp. I am about to get an x pipe with a cat delete, so I am curious to feel the gains after that. In my opinion, its worth the money. As I continue my build I can get free updated tunes as I go through which I love. I just hope they come out with a ghost cam tune before Summer ends.

Mods 5% Tint All Around, 40% Tinted Windshield| Roush Axleback's| 4in Quad Exhaust| Eibach Sportlines| 20in Charcoal AMR's| BMR Panhard Bar| GT500 Diffuser| Bama Tune| X Pipe| GT500 Spoiler|BMR LCA's| JLT CAI|
50OHHHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, and I'm sure Zach's car has a more custom tune than the rest of us, being 5 ft away from a dyno all day. Some people don't have that. Canned tunes work OK, but they'll never be as optimal as a dyno tune done in the environment you live in.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I've had two different tunes from bama on two different 5.0's. I liked the one on my first 5.0, but ended up pickier on my second 5.0 after feeling the brenspeed tuned blower setup towards the end of the ownership of my first one. Upon further investigation, there were in fact inprovements that needed to be made. I read about multiple revisions being needed online, so I tried Shaun at aed and it feels twice as good to me.
Moral of the story, yes get a tuner, as it's the best bang for your buck and you use it in conjunction with anything down the road you may do. Tunes for life is a great deal, but whatever you do, datalog your car yourself after whatever tune you get. There is a video pertaining to this that Shaun at aed put out that goes through this process. Just look it up on youtube.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Had the bama x4 and airaid race cai installed not to long ago and wow what a difference. Highly recommend it be one of the first mods that and the barton short throw with two post bracket. Its like driving a whole different car.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteC303 View Post
Had the bama x4 and airaid race cai installed not to long ago and wow what a difference. Highly recommend it be one of the first mods that and the barton short throw with two post bracket. Its like driving a whole different car.
I agree.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #16

Region: Oklahoma
I have a Bama tune and I can say that it is definitely a great start for tuning. Especially so if you don't have a shop that can provide a dyno tune for you. That said, a dyno tune will always be better without a doubt. However, if you don't have the money or need a tune to get it to your tuner after a new mod to refine it Bama is a good deal. Not to mention the fact that if you data log after a tune you can always provide information to help them further refine your tune.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
d.stocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteC303 View Post

No cai will make a difference in hp than the stock one. An aftermarket cai it's just mostly for looks and noise. It's just all on the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.stocks View Post
Especially so if you don't have a shop that can provide a dyno tune for you. That said, a dyno tune will always be better without a doubt.
Wrong. A dyno tune for simple bolt ons is not the way to go. Data logging your car in real world conditions on the street is.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I am fairly certain that Walmart does not sell aftermarket tunes.
Lol it went right over your head. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
Contact VMP... Very good with 5.0's
Old 06-30-2015, 05:28 PM   #21

Go Lund Ngauge
kevinlosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435703726939.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	186233  
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #23

I have talked to several people about it. Just wanted a few more opinions on it. Dont gotta be a dick lol.
kevinlosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:45 AM   #24

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Wrong. A dyno tune for simple bolt ons is not the way to go. Data logging your car in real world conditions on the street is.
I was speaking in general terms. A dyno tune will always be better than a canned email tune that ball parks it for you. You could have two cars set up identically and get varying results on the exact same tune. You can see how the car reacts and correct it right then and there if you have it on a dyno. As a result of this you get a smoother tune and can identify any trouble areas that you might not have noticed initially with data logging and had problems from it down the road.

But way to just select a small portion of an entire post to try and make it look like I was wrong and call me out on. Real class move there. :thumbup:
d.stocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.stocks View Post
I was speaking in general terms. A dyno tune will always be better than a canned email tune that ball parks it for you. You could have two cars set up identically and get varying results on the exact same tune. You can see how the car reacts and correct it right then and there if you have it on a dyno. As a result of this you get a smoother tune and can identify any trouble areas that you might not have noticed initially with data logging and had problems from it down the road.

But way to just select a small portion of an entire post to try and make it look like I was wrong and call me out on. Real class move there. :thumbup:
B.S dude. Stop spreading info you have no clue on. I tune my own car........on the street in real world conditions. Times have changed since the 90's.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT