Confused about first step in SCT tuning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Confused about first step in SCT tuning

I am in the beginning stages of tuning my 2014 GT using an SCT x4 tuner. I have data logged the car and have sent them to my tuner and got his approval to move forward with the base tune. I have not uploaded any tunes from the SCT tuner to the cars ecu. However, my tuner said I should flash the car back to stock before I upload his base tune file. My question is, once you do this, it puts the stock file back on to the car and it is now off the SCT tuner. How do I get the stock file back? Should I flash the car back to stock, shut everything down and immediately start the SCT tuner up again and upload the tuner's base file?

I want to make sure I follow the correct procedures. Thank you in advance for your feedback and advice.
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I could be wrong but once you marry your car to the tuner the stock tune should already be saved.

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I could be wrong but once you marry your car to the tuner the stock tune should already be saved.

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Yep and then you can hook it up to your computer and save your stock tune just in case
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Exactly right.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by litfuse View Post
I am in the beginning stages of tuning my 2014 GT using an SCT x4 tuner. I have data logged the car and have sent them to my tuner and got his approval to move forward with the base tune. I have not uploaded any tunes from the SCT tuner to the cars ecu. However, my tuner said I should flash the car back to stock before I upload his base tune file. My question is, once you do this, it puts the stock file back on to the car and it is now off the SCT tuner. How do I get the stock file back? Should I flash the car back to stock, shut everything down and immediately start the SCT tuner up again and upload the tuner's base file?

I want to make sure I follow the correct procedures. Thank you in advance for your feedback and advice.
If you haven't uploaded any tunes to your car, then your car is using the stock tune so no need to "flash the car back to stock". When you upload his base tune, yes, the stock tune is stored on the X4. If you want to upload another tune in the future, then you would "flash the car back to stock" by uploading your stock tune back onto/into your car. Anytime you load a tune onto/into the car, whatever file is on the car gets stored onto the X4 and the file you choose goes onto the car. Once a tune is finish loading, you can scroll through the menu on the X4 to choose another option (load a tune, data log etc) so no, you don't have to shut anything down, you can immediately load the next tune.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Thank you everyone for your help. Beviking, your explanation should be put into the SCT tuned manual. It would answer many questions for people.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT