Drivability with all interior trim removed? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Drivability with all interior trim removed?

I want to hydrodip my interior and planned on removing the interior trim pieces and sending them to a guy 2 hrs away. I would go there to pick it all but my main question is that if I remove everything like center console, radio bezel, door handle surrounds, gauge surrounds and so on will it be drivable? Anyone ever hydrodipped? they say it takes a week to do the parts so surely someone here has had all that off and still drove to work for a week?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
because race car. I wonder if it will rattle more or less.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I don't even know what hydrodipped it but yeah drive the damn thing.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I've driven my car with all the interior out. It's no biggie

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

thanks guys. I just didnt want the center console gone and something dropping through to road lol. I figured probably ok.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
I don't even know what hydrodipped it but yeah drive the damn thing.
should check it out on youtube. Like a cross between vinyl wrap and painting. very cool and durable.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yeah you're good. Had mine add a few days while I vinyl wrapped it. FYI, on the back of most (all?) dash pieces, there are light colored rubber "hats" that cover posts. If you lose them taking parts off, you'll likely end up with a rattle or two. Once you pull the gauge cluster surround piece, you'll see them. Just make sure they're all accounted for. Probably want to remove them and keep them safe until you get the parts back.
What color/pattern are you hydro dipping?
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Yeah you're good. Had mine add a few days while I vinyl wrapped it. FYI, on the back of most (all?) dash pieces, there are light colored rubber "hats" that cover posts. If you lose them taking parts off, you'll likely end up with a rattle or two. Once you pull the gauge cluster surround piece, you'll see them. Just make sure they're all accounted for. Probably want to remove them and keep them safe until you get the parts back.
What color/pattern are you hydro dipping?
thanks a ton man. Probably a month or so from being able to do. I am going to go with Carbon fiber Most of places. Chrome want to be Black and Brushed aluminum want to be sterling greay painted.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice! I'm sure it'll look sweet!
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT