P0443 error code after boss intake install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
P0443 error code after boss intake install

Hey everyone. I recently had my mechanic install my boss intake. He re-wired the EVAP correctly and is quite confident in his work. I've loaded a tune from steeda as well specifically for the boss update. Any ideas on what could cause this code to be thrown? It's casing the car to occasionally die at idle as well as when slowing down to a stop it will die as well. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks! I plan on taking the car back to my mechanic to double check the wiring as well as waiting for a response on steeda for the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Black 2014 Mustang GT /w Track Pack - Multiple exterior mods, Borla S-Type axel backs, Lund Tune, ARH LT Headers, O/R H, Steeda Tansmission Mount Insert, Steeda Panhard bar and brace, Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts, Steeda HD upper strut mounts, Steeda LCA/UCA and mount. BMR LCA relocation brackets, Steeda Sport Springs, Boss IM, Steeda CAI.
Logiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Have you data logged? Sent data log to Steeda?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have not data logged yet. Happen to know/have a link on what should be logged? Have never data logged before so new to that.

Black 2014 Mustang GT /w Track Pack - Multiple exterior mods, Borla S-Type axel backs, Lund Tune, ARH LT Headers, O/R H, Steeda Tansmission Mount Insert, Steeda Panhard bar and brace, Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts, Steeda HD upper strut mounts, Steeda LCA/UCA and mount. BMR LCA relocation brackets, Steeda Sport Springs, Boss IM, Steeda CAI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
P0443 error code after boss intake install

Well you would want to data log the times where you are having the issue. I'm not tuned so I couldn't tell you how specifically to do it but I know that's what everyone will tell you. And every time I see one of these threads it ends up being fixed by an updated tune.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the help. I also just spoke to steeda as well and they state this kind of error 99% of the time is an issue with the install/wiring etc. so going to have my mechanic take another look at it and probably data log as well just in case.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP - If anything it could be an install error. I've done so many of these installs on friends cars that you're bound to miss something small here and there! It's probably nothing but definitely get set up with TJ for a log.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
He shouldn't have had to rewire anything. What did he do with the purge valve?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I had got the install kit and he spliced the wiring to re-run the purge valve back behind the manifold. I just got back from his shop and he tested his wiring and no issues there. The car has since still died at idle a few times, seems to be idling quite roughly the code also cleared itself and has not popped back up yet. About to contact steeda for some data logging too.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have any other suggestions besides checking the tune? Mechanic verified his wiring for the purge valve is good. My CEL cleared itself but car still idles pretty rough and dies occasionally.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
OK, I had this EXACT same thing for a week. Mechanic couldnt figure and called BAMA they figured out. It is the vacuum hose. Most likely the one going into or out of the EVAP. There is either a leak in the hose itself or there is a lose connection. In my case, due to the need for a longer hose, the mechanic used a joint for conneting two lengths of hose. it was cracked. Check all of the hoses. Spray with something to see if bubbles. Worse case replace the two attached to the EVAP
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
OK, I had this EXACT same thing for a week. Mechanic couldnt figure and called BAMA they figured out. It is the vacuum hose. Most likely the one going into or out of the EVAP. There is either a leak in the hose itself or there is a lose connection. In my case, due to the need for a longer hose, the mechanic used a joint for conneting two lengths of hose. it was cracked. Check all of the hoses. Spray with something to see if bubbles. Worse case replace the two attached to the EVAP

Thanks sterling. I will check this out.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Updating my progress. I had a shop smoke test the intake for vacuum leaks and they found nothing. I've data logged and sent to steeda, I'm not sure if they even reviewed but then stated it sounded like I didn't get the purge valve solenoid kit... I bought the ford racing intake install kit (yes I know I could have saved money) so I don't know what they are doing over there. I sent them pictures of the wiring for the install and they send it to their "shop" still pending an update there. Also the error code has been gone since Friday afternoon, but still has the stalling symptoms.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #13
REG
Registered Member
Regular

P0443

@#$%ed something up in the evap system.
The purge valve is seeing a leak, so theres a hose wrong or some king of loop or not conected.
O BTW, these are all obdII codes and it is the same on all vehicles with obdII.
P044X all have to do with canister purge system.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The odd thing is that code is no longer present or showing up.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #15
REG
Registered Member
Regular

P0443

Did you or the mechanic start it, get a code, find and issue and it not go out right away.
The PCM doesn't monitor this all the time. It,ll cycle that purge valve every so many key cycles, so it's not like an engine sensor.
They normally don't fix themselves and in my experience the most difficult and annoying to fix.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

The code was never present when I took the car in, it was gone by that time. If it were an issue with the EVAP I would expect the error to come back as did manually clear it the first time and it came back. It's been a few days and this is my DD and the error code hasn't resurfaced but the issue is the same. I did have him check his EVAP splice and it all tested fine.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hello Chris,

We spoke via private message & Matt indicated that he he has confirmed it with the others tuners, after looking through the tune, that sources are pointing to the EVAP. Something is just off.

Continue to work with Matt if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks TJ, I'll continue to work with Matt although he's not very responsive. The install was used with the install kit I bought from steeda and my tech checked his wiring so if it's the EVAP I'm not sure what else to check.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Spoke to Matt at steeda. He still hasn't heard from his shop, they haven't reviewed the data log yet either. Provided him with some information he requested from the SCT device. Pending further action items from him. Thanks

Old 06-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I used two feet of 3/8 fuel line and two hose clamps on my purge valve. No need for any install kit. Sounds like you bought something that wasn't necessary and now have problems over something very simple.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

The install kit is specifically for the Boss 302 install. This is what was used: http://fordperformanceracingparts.co...-9424-M50B.pdf

Old 06-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I guess you have it all figured out then. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I guess you have it all figured out then. Good luck.
I personally hate it when people with real world experience with something try to help me :p
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

All I'm stating is what was used. I never said grabber was wrong. People on this forum can be ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Part of life honestly
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the helpful input on the topic at hand.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:27 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I used two feet of 3/8 fuel line and two hose clamps on my purge valve. No need for any install kit. Sounds like you bought something that wasn't necessary and now have problems over something very simple.
Could you show me how to do this. I belive this is my problem as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hdez41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdez41 View Post
Could you show me how to do this. I belive this is my problem as well.
Have you looked through the sticky at the top?
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT