Best Superchargers for '13 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Best Superchargers for '13 GT

Looking to satisfy my need to speed , wanted to get some opinions on Superchargers for my 13' GT, I was debating between the Roush Stage 2, Procharger Stage 2 or Vortech. Looking to see if anyone has any of these and what your opinions are and what help made your decision. If there are others I should also consider, shoot away, right now I'm in the research stage and looking to purchase in a few months.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

im saving for Vortech with torque booster from beefcake racing.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would look at the VMP kits. They are in Florida and use a Roush TVS 2300 blower with an improved inlet, better heat exchanger, and a high quality tune. The Roush tune is unacceptable quite honestly.

This is a huge debate, but for a street car the TVS 2300 blowers are hard to beat. The part throttle boost makes the car really fun in all driving conditions.
Nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I would love to hear some guys with each type chime in. I am pretty set on the Vortech. I just worry that with the instant torque of the twin screws that I am going to have even more issue catching traction. I guess I just seem (no formal data) to see guys with centrifugal do better at the strip and my thoughts are that it allows them that split second to get off the line before the boost really starts to kick in. Plus, don't the centrifugal allow you to get higher boost levels for the money if you ever decide to strengthen your internals? I see guys with 650-725 rwhp on the Vortech a few times.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Subscribing for info as well.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
TVS blowers don't hit all of a sudden when accelerating, unless you're above around 3500 RPM, and floor it. If you're in first or second, you're probably going to loose traction.(depending on tires) You have to learn how to use the power.

That being said, I've never driven a 5.0 with a centri. I do love my Edelbrock. Stays cool, has enough power for me right now. I can get another 100 hp in the future with a smaller pulley and a new tune, and has more torque than other TVS's do to it's design.

If I wasn't concerned with Calif. smog laws, and a motor warranty, I would have gone with the VMP.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
TVS blowers don't hit all of a sudden when accelerating.

And you know the reason for this right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Positive displacement blowers are a big air pump and make boost from idle. Centrifugal type blowers actually compress the air and tend to make boost at higher rpms, even more peak than positive displacement. Positive displacement are great for the road, nice linear power. Ford and Roush tunes can be improved. On Ford kit, dyno tune increased peak power by 35hp, but more importantly was the increase in power at low rpms and driveability.
Cobrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Vmo 2nd gen is much more upgraded than a roush,check the web site out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You can read this article we did on the Vortech ... With power that does not fade, superior efficiency, and full 50 state emission compliance, the Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger earns the Steeda Seal of Approval as being our preferred supercharger of choice.

The Best Supercharger for Your Mustang is… | Steeda Blog

2011-2014 Mustang Superchargers | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!

This SuperCharger is integrated on our 2014 DD:

I would be happy to put you in contact with the owner of this car & provide you with the necessary feedback!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Again steeda ' s opinion,We go back to the 80's when all he had was a small warehouse with tables outside with ford parts.Here my buddy Steve is still with the company. But everybody has there own opinions

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
And your point is? Everybody starts somewhere and the fact they are still here and producing high quality parts merits some consideration of their opinion.

....and I have a V3 Vortech on my car. It's my second centri ( had one in the "good old days" on my 88 5.0 LX) The smiles per gallon here are hard to beat.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If your car is a DD and sees more in town commute a tvs will be the best bet. A centrifugal is less than desirable on the coyotes unless you use it.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Again steeda ' s opinion,We go back to the 80's when all he had was a small warehouse with tables outside with ford parts.Here my buddy Steve is still with the company. But everybody has there own opinions
They are all opinions ... just trying to give the OP some insight as to why we chose the Vortech & also offered him an opportunity to come down & check our cars out.

Yes, Steve is still here ... he is a awesome!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
If your car is a DD and sees more in town commute a tvs will be the best bet. A centrifugal is less than desirable on the coyotes unless you use it.

Thanks for the tip here dude. Just what I was looking for.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have the Roush phase 2 supercharger kit in my ‘14 GT which is an automatic and a daily driver. They can be re-tuned for more power as in this example:

Mustang Roush Supercharger Dyno (11-14 5.0L)
Old 06-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, good info. I'm definitely interested in seeing in person what a Vortech looks and runs like. This is my DD. Are there any other modifications needed before installing a SC?

jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Instead of subscribing to this thread, you guys that want FI should be searching this forum as well as the others and googling any questions you have so you can make your own informed decision.

All this stuff has been covered so many times you'll be getting dumbed down info and answers. Seriously....do your own research and decide for yourself. You'll thank me later.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
jp1seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsyedb View Post
Thanks guys, good info. I'm definitely interested in seeing in person what a Vortech looks and runs like. This is my DD. Are there any other modifications needed before installing a SC?

You may want to look into tires and suspension
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Debating on the on3 tt kit vs a supercharger for my 11 a6 also. Wondering why nobody ever really mentions procharger?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
Debating on the on3 tt kit vs a supercharger for my 11 a6 also. Wondering why nobody ever really mentions procharger?

Mainly bc of cost vs paxton or vortech, and the air intake inlet.
Also to get the power of the paxton you have to upgrade head unit.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mainly bc of cost vs paxton or vortech, and the air intake inlet.
Also to get the power of the paxton you have to upgrade head unit.

Ahhh ok. Due to the amount of tuning that seems to be needed and a few other things like install complexity and long term reliability etc I'm leaning more towards a Paxton over anything else. How would that setup work bolted onto an auto with a boss intake and a 5c converter long tubes full off road exhaust etc ? Is AED any good at tuning for FI anyone know? That's who I use now. I imagine probably not a good idea to spin a stock engine to 7500-7600 rpm under boost?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ahhh ok. Due to the amount of tuning that seems to be needed and a few other things like install complexity and long term reliability etc I'm leaning more towards a Paxton over anything else. How would that setup work bolted onto an auto with a boss intake and a 5c converter? Is AED any good at tuning for FI anyone know? That's who I use now. I imagine probably not a good idea to spin a stock engine to 7500-7600 rpm under boost?

AED would be a great choice. And you can spin it to 7500-7600 plenty of people do, if you want some extra insurance some oil pump gears would ease your mind.
As far as the converter for your choice I'm not a 100% as I have not messed with one personally so I'm not going to answer that question.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
AED would be a great choice. And you can spin it to 7500-7600 plenty of people do, if you want some extra insurance some oil pump gears would ease your mind.
As far as the converter for your choice I'm not a 100% as I have not messed with one personally so I'm not going to answer that question.

Not too familiar with the oil pump gear issue. Seen it mentioned a little hear and there but that's it. What's the benefits of replacing them?

Old 06-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not too familiar with the oil pump hear issue. Seen it mentioned a little hear and there but that's it. What's the benefits of replacing them?

The stock ones are weak. And can fall apart in pieces and destroy your motor. It happens at constant high rpms. And adding power on top of that makes then even more prone

Old 06-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like more of an issue for auto x cars? Drag racing see enough rpm to cause this?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Sounds like more of an issue for auto x cars? Drag racing see enough rpm to cause this?

Tacking it off the rev limiter for too long will cause them
To fail too lol.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT