Supercharger search begins - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Supercharger search begins

Well guys, the time is rapidly approaching for my girl to get her first supercharger. You all seem like a knowledgeable bunch so here it goes. What supercharger, for the money, is the most cost effective and requires the least amount of additional parts in order to run at its peak. So far my 14 gt has a full exhaust, cat deletes, 85mm throttle body and I'm tuned by Lund. Is there anything I should also plan on purchasing and is there anything you see that could be a problem? I also live in a state where it's constantly over 100, mostly in the 110's if that helps determine what's needed.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
Check the vmp website,you will need rear suspension and better tires too

Sent from my SM-T700 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Forgot to mention I've got nitto invo 255/25/20's in the front and 295/30/20's in the rears. What rear suspension would I need?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
RJTheIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Forgot to mention I've got nitto invo 255/25/20's in the front and 295/30/20's in the rears. What rear suspension would I need?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I have BMR lower and upper rear control arms. Those will help keep you planted.
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
How necessary are they just out of curiosity?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
What is your DD routine? Do you see more redlight to redlight commute within the city?
Or more open highway commute?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
85% highway, 14.9% low traffic city streets,0.1% gridlock stop and go traffic. My cyclinder heads usually sit around 214 degrees

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
OK what's your power goal for now and future?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
I'd love to see around 600. I mean my life goal is a gt500 with either twins or a kennebell 4.7L. But for now I'm trying to be more realistic.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
I'd love to see around 600. I mean my life goal is a gt500 with either twins or a kennebell 4.7L. But for now I'm trying to be more realistic.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Go with the vortech kit from beefcake racing then. Will come with everything you need.

And no need for the gt500 you can build up the 5.0 to stomp gt500's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Go with the vortech kit from beefcake racing then. Will come with everything you need.

And no need for the gt500 you can build up the 5.0 to stomp gt500's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Just looked on their website expecting 4-5 choices not 20+. Looks like I have some reading material for tonight.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Just looked on their website expecting 4-5 choices not 20+. Looks like I have some reading material for tonight.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Get the beefcake special package Comes with everything you need including a tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Get the beefcake special package Comes with everything you need including a tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Is that necessary? I'm tuned by Lund and love his work. I also have free tunes from AM. Is there's a necessity?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Is that necessary? I'm tuned by Lund and love his work. I also have free tunes from AM. Is there's a necessity?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Beefcake uses Lund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Beefcake uses Lund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So would that package make me pay for another tune?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
So would that package make me pay for another tune?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
For FI yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
For FI yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That's interesting. Do you by any chance know anything about kenne bells? Are they as good as I have been led to believe?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
That's interesting. Do you by any chance know anything about kenne bells? Are they as good as I have been led to believe?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
They are great blowers on the 10 and earlier cars. Not so much on the 11+ 5.0's. As they will not be instant tq and power off idle as the earlier cars, due to the 11.1 compression ratio.
For your power goal a kenne bell would be a waste. Unless you plan on running a lot of boost later on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
zinc03svt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SW Missouri
Region: Missouri
Posts: 307
Rapinator is so helpful. Thank you for your support in this forum.
zinc03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
They are great blowers on the 10 and earlier cars. Not so much on the 11+ 5.0's. As they will not be instant tq and power off idle as the earlier cars, due to the 11.1 compression ratio.
For your power goal a kenne bell would be a waste. Unless you plan on running a lot of boost later on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
While we are talking about beefcake special, would 3.55 gears be a good choice with Vortech and torque booster setup? Traction issues? Shift city?

|| Low 5oh ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
All depends on your tire height choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Let's say its 285-35-19 MPSS with sway bars, lower control arm with brackets (maybe upper one too), and panhard bar

|| Low 5oh ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
You will be OK as far as shifting. But I would look into a 305/35/19 nt05r or the 305/35/19 MT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Okay awesome, thanks bud! I just wasn't sure if first gear is going to be completely useless.

Ps: are you referring to regular MT streep comps, or radials?

|| Low 5oh ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Okay awesome, thanks bud! I just wasn't sure if first gear is going to be completely useless.

Ps: are you referring to regular MT streep comps, or radials?

|| Low 5oh ||
Radials

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 51
Take a hard look at the VMP package, it's pretty tough to beat for a daily driver. The beefcake kit is nice but you need the torque booster package to get anywhere near the seat of the pants feeling the VMP package will provide in everyday driving.
Nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCali5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beckley
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
Take a hard look at the VMP package, it's pretty tough to beat for a daily driver. The beefcake kit is nice but you need the torque booster package to get anywhere near the seat of the pants feeling the VMP package will provide in everyday driving.

+1. All my mustang buddies prefer my vmp over my one friends Paxton because my car is faster and it actually feels fast. His doesn't make much torque lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd gear about bought the farm yesterday, the search begins scottydsntknow General Mustang Discussion 4 11-01-2013 07:10 AM
And so it begins... bbunt302 The Bar 45 04-23-2007 11:49 PM
The stupidity begins... PureVenom The Bar 42 11-17-2006 03:58 PM
So it begins... Tbird232ci Pictures and Videos 17 07-18-2005 02:15 PM
i ordered a fordchip... coundown begins Zim Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 08-07-2003 06:40 AM

» Members Mustangs

Rosco

Rosco

Boss

shoofey
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



10:25 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.