ROUSH CONVERSION - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
ROUSH CONVERSION

Hey guys! I have a 2014 gt stock.. I really like the roush. I was wondering how you would go abut converting it, little by little... Also is it "lame" "fake" to convert a plain gt to a roush ?

Thank you guys
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BLKBETTY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 213
All 3


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
If you put Roush badging and decals on the car some will look down on it. So be prepared. Now take this for what it's worth. This is your car, your opinion of your car is the ONLY one that matters, no one else, Period. Now, I'm a genuine Roush mustang owner, and I have absolutely zero issues with what you are doing. If you want a Roush then go for it. I know they are expensive, and honestly it would be cheaper to do a conversion. For some reason some say that Roush clones give Roush a bad name. I think the exact opposite. If people are wanting to convert their car into a Roush, doesn't that mean Roush is doing something right? You can put the Roush badging and decals on it, it wouldn't bother me at all. Hell, you can pass it as a real Roush, I don't mind at all. To me your car just got a late start.
Now there are very few people that share my opinion on this matter.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
If you put Roush badging and decals on the car some will look down on it. So be prepared. Now take this for what it's worth. This is your car, your opinion of your car is the ONLY one that matters, no one else, Period. Now, I'm a genuine Roush mustang owner, and I have absolutely zero issues with what you are doing. If you want a Roush then go for it. I know they are expensive, and honestly it would be cheaper to do a conversion. For some reason some say that Roush clones give Roush a bad name. I think the exact opposite. If people are wanting to convert their car into a Roush, doesn't that mean Roush is doing something right? You can put the Roush badging and decals on it, it wouldn't bother me at all. Hell, you can pass it as a real Roush, I don't mind at all. To me your car just got a late start.
Now there are very few people that share my opinion on this matter.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

Awesome response man!!! I don't think I want to put badging on, but what I do plan to put on is the roush axel back exhaust, roush door sil, the roush center console button, wing, stuff like that.. I really like the roush .
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
RJTheIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
Awesome response man!!! I don't think I want to put badging on, but what I do plan to put on is the roush axel back exhaust, roush door sil, the roush center console button, wing, stuff like that.. I really like the roush .

There's nothing wrong with some Roush styling!
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Yes, Roush makes fine products. And to be honest if I had a GT I'd do a partial roush conversion on it. The body mods look so good on the cars, and the exhaust don't get me started. Plus the other performance parts available from them are great too.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Yes, Roush makes fine products. And to be honest if I had a GT I'd do a partial roush conversion on it. The body mods look so good on the cars, and the exhaust don't get me started. Plus the other performance parts available from them are great too.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

Yeah I really like the exhaust!!! I don't wanna go full out, just some styling and roush performance parts that's all
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Yep, I think I've decided to upgrade to roush extreme on my car. I love the mufflers on it, but I'd love them more if they were a tad bit louder. I should point out that I have, at this point, zero intentions to modify the rest of the exhaust. Plus other Roush upgrades are planned and waiting to be bought. I've almost got enough for the wheels I want on my car. The plan is I'll be buying them at the end of next week! Can't wait! 😁


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Yep, I think I've decided to upgrade to roush extreme on my car. I love the mufflers on it, but I'd love them more if they were a tad bit louder. I should point out that I have, at this point, zero intentions to modify the rest of the exhaust. Plus other Roush upgrades are planned and waiting to be bought. I've almost got enough for the wheels I want on my car. The plan is I'll be buying them at the end of next week! Can't wait! 😁


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

That's awesome man! I like the roush wheels.
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
This is what they look like.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435720232.819070.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	186250
And those sexy things will be wrapped in these.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435720263.990316.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	186251
That combo = 😍


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
My .02

Roush parts are sold for people to put on any mustang. Put them on your car if you like them. To me roush is nothing more than a company who makes parts and promotes their parts through some "genuine" builds. Just do what you want to your car.


IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
I think the Roush grille is the best looking one out there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435728226.280868.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	186252


Sent from my #racecar
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hodor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: West MI
Region: Michigan
Posts: 210
Like others have said, it's your car, you paid a lot of money for it, do with it as you please regardless of what others think.

Roush parts are awesome-looking, I say go for it!
__________________
2012 GT Premium, Brembo Package, M6
VMP Gen II S/C & Tune, GT500 Axle-Backs/Spoiler/Strut Mounts
Steeda Sports/Shocks/Struts, J&M PHB, GT/CS Chin, MMD Fog Deletes

Hodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
My way of thinking is this; I decide who is going to pay for the modification(s). Those folks are solicited for an opinion. In my household, that's me and my wife. Tough for a majority decision with this, but I can usually win, since she has her car, and I have mine.

Since no one else is around for me to open my hand out to for a donation to the modification cause, their opinion is just that, an opinion.

If you are paying, and you like it (and its legal), then by all means, do it.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #15
doyouevenforum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My way of thinking is this; I decide who is going to pay for the modification(s). Those folks are solicited for an opinion. In my household, that's me and my wife. Tough for a majority decision with this, but I can usually win, since she has her car, and I have mine.

Since no one else is around for me to open my hand out to for a donation to the modification cause, their opinion is just that, an opinion.

If you are paying, and you like it (and its legal), then by all means, do it.
+1. I'm open minded and like opinions but there's really only one that matters.. mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
I like some ROUSH parts.

But I wouldn't put the badges on it.

There's a dealer close to my house that always has at least one Roush mustang on the lot. The crappy thing is its always the base $4,500 package which really isn't any performance increase. So its got badges and misc. crap but its no faster than a stock mustang.

If you're going to do a "Roush conversion"... buy the Roush supercharger, grill & badges.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Mine is a hodhe podge of all companies lol. do what you want just leave off the badging. I have the Roush chin and side splitters and love it. was going to do hood scoop too but got phole hood instead (pics coming soon) I have: RTR, Roush, CDC, MMD. Do what you want and love it. its your baby
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
This is what they look like.
Attachment 186250
And those sexy things will be wrapped in these.
Attachment 186251
That combo = 😍


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

What tired are those? And where do you live that you can rock them? Lol
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Mine is a hodhe podge of all companies lol. do what you want just leave off the badging. I have the Roush chin and side splitters and love it. was going to do hood scoop too but got phole hood instead (pics coming soon) I have: RTR, Roush, CDC, MMD. Do what you want and love it. its your baby

I'm thinking about the roush hood scoop as well.. What are your opinions on them
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Mine is a hodhe podge of all companies lol. do what you want just leave off the badging. I have the Roush chin and side splitters and love it. was going to do hood scoop too but got phole hood instead (pics coming soon) I have: RTR, Roush, CDC, MMD. Do what you want and love it. its your baby

Lol same here, RTR, Roush, Shelby, Boss, the list goes on and on lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Those type of builds I label as Hybrids.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jreeves30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Here is my roushbosscobra (roush front fascia, boss intake and strut brace, gt500 rear wing and rear valence with quad tip exhaust). I love the roush fog lights and roush grilles. I think it makes the car look super agressive.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435803921.462766.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	186323Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435803941.129021.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	186324Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435803985.811462.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	186325


A couple more months and my license plate will say 1fstcpa!!!!
__________________
I'm only and accountant to feed my car parts addiction.
Jreeves30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
ROUSH CONVERSION

Oh, I know. If I bought a GT it would have components from everyone. Steeda, Roush, Shelby, Saleen, Sherrod, and the list goes on. They all have excellent parts.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Mine is a hodhe podge of all companies lol. do what you want just leave off the badging. I have the Roush chin and side splitters and love it. was going to do hood scoop too but got phole hood instead (pics coming soon) I have: RTR, Roush, CDC, MMD. Do what you want and love it. its your baby

Thanks bud
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #25
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
TommyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: La Mesa, Ca
Region: California
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
I think the Roush grille is the best looking one out there!


__________________
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mohave Desert
Region: Nevada
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
Hey guys! I have a 2014 gt stock.. I really like the roush. I was wondering how you would go abut converting it, little by little... Also is it "lame" "fake" to convert a plain gt to a roush ?

Thank you guys
LMR did a Roush stage 1, 2 and 3 conversion on a 2014 GT:

2014 Roush Mustang Build
__________________
2014 SGM GT, 300A base coupe, 6R80, daily driver.
silverstate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstate777 View Post
LMR did a Roush stage 1, 2 and 3 conversion on a 2014 GT:

2014 Roush Mustang Build

That link isn't working when I press it... I'm very interested in looking at it
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mohave Desert
Region: Nevada
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
That link isn't working when I press it... I'm very interested in looking at it
Sorry about that as the link works on my end, but lets try again:

2014 Roush Mustang Build

If not, cut and paste this in your browser:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2014-Mustang-GT-Project-S197-Build
__________________
2014 SGM GT, 300A base coupe, 6R80, daily driver.
silverstate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstate777 View Post
Sorry about that as the link works on my end, but lets try again:

2014 Roush Mustang Build

If not, cut and paste this in your browser:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2014-Mustang-GT-Project-S197-Build

Thanks so much man
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5505 View Post
What tired are those? And where do you live that you can rock them? Lol

Toyo R888, and yes they are street legal. I'm in Kentucky by the way. I think they will look good on those forged wheels.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
RJTheIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post





👍👍👍
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Toyo R888, and yes they are street legal. I'm in Kentucky by the way. I think they will look good on those forged wheels.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

I live in Florida... You think those tires would be any good for me?
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
ROUSH CONVERSION

I think they would be fine there. They're basically a street legal tire that dubs as a race tire too. I've heard they aren't great for cold weather, they don't warm up well so grip suffers. Which I'm not very interested in strait line racing so I don't know how it would stack up in that area.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
louie5505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I think they would be fine there. They're basically a street legal tire that dubs as a race tire too. I've heard they aren't great for cold weather, they don't warm up well so grip suffers. Which I'm not very interested in strait line racing so I don't know how it would stack up in that area.


If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

Thank you for your input, very helpful
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
ROUSH CONVERSION

Also I forgot to mention these tires and rain are not a good combo. Which I've talked with several people about this subject. They all said if it's raining and you have those tires, you got two options. One pull over and wait or two drive the car like you're on ice. So if you get caught in the rain be VERY cautious. You can drive it in the rain to a certain point but just be very careful. When I get them put on the car I'll let you know what I think.
I looked at toyos website the tire is a summer performance tire so cold weather not a good idea.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roush RS conversion? AndreaCristiano 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 161 02-24-2016 07:54 AM
Roush Mustang GT - Current Mustang :: 2003 Ford - Roush GT - Roush Stage 2 Tib Member Garages 0 06-15-2011 01:01 PM
2007 Roush 427r :: 2007 Ford GT Roush 427r Roush427r Member Garages 0 06-15-2011 01:01 PM
Roush 427R Most Powerful Roush Ever Brent General Mustang Discussion 14 10-27-2006 09:56 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:48 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.