Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rear Wheels Rubbing/Skipping Problem....HELP!

995 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Red_Menace11 
#1 ·
I am on a road trip on the way to Louisiana from Virginia and drove for about 8 hours today...and when i stopped to get gas after about 4 hours of driving, out of nowhere i heard this rubbing noise from my tires when turning in to the gas station...Now it seems to only do it when I'm in first gear and steering left or right I dont notice it much when going forward and it goes away once i speed up above 1st gear...ALSO it only does it in Drive...not reverse. It seems to only be the rear wheels and not the front.....If anybody here might have an idea of whats wrong that would be great because it just has me all confused :banghead: THANK YOU

#2 ·
You're offset is too low on a too high profile tire on lowered springs probably. You're on a road trip with trunk loaded?

The rubbing tire is the rear passenger? It rubs when there are bumps or just slightly curvy surfaces?

Suspension shifts to the right when compressed. What size tires and rim offsets you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
Thank for the response, I have stock 19' Pirelli tires.....the suspension and springs are stock also. I do have a full trunk....

Anyway, I took it to a close Ford dealership that I found (Jim Skinner) In Alabama....They were easy to work with I told them my problem and they said that it sounded like a problem with the rear axle....so they added Wynns Differential Fluid which is suppose to keep the gears from getting so hot and they also added a little bit more oil to the rear but they said it wasn't low on oil anyway....I have been driving now for 4 hours and have stopped for gas and it seems to have stopped and I haven't had a problem yet...So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.