New Mustang owner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
New Mustang owner

Well today I picked up my 2011 gt premium in grabber blue! Its lowered on svt wheels got it with 60,000 miles and one owner. So happy I could afford the 5.0 so far I like it better than my challenger that I sold! First mod will probably be an axleback system.
mattmatheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Congratulations! How do you like it?
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTheIV View Post
Congratulations! How do you like it?
No complaints so far! The only thing that's taking some getting used to is the mustang being a lot smaller. Especially since I'm 6'6. Never thought I'd own a ford since I've always been been a Mopar guy but Im glad I tried something new. Great change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
New Mustang owner

Let's see some pics of it! Congrats on the new ride man. Hopefully you already have an idea of what axlebacks you want from hearing cars in your area. I've had magnaflow streets in cat back form and they were awesome but I was pretty quickly wishing they were louder. I'm not dumping my cats so that wasn't an option so I traded for borla ataks. They are awesome. I love every note they make.

Before you decide what axlebacks you want make sure you know what you want your entire exhaust to look like first. Most people make the mistake of going with a loud axleback out of the gate and forget that on these coyotes removing resonators, or cats will drastically change the sound, rasp, and obviously volume of the muffler they chose.

GOOD LUCK 😬

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

There aren't a lot of 5 oh's in my area mostly a bunch of 4.6s or v6 Stang's. I test drove a 5.0 with super 10s and they sounded good outside but I'm tired of dealing with drone.. I had cut outs on my challenger and it was ridiculously loud and a bad idea. I plan on eventually adding an off road x pipe. What would be a good axleback that'll sound pretty aggressive and be okay with an offroad x?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Let's see some pics of it! Congrats on the new ride man. Hopefully you already have an idea of what axlebacks you want from hearing cars in your area. I've had magnaflow streets in cat back form and they were awesome but I was pretty quickly wishing they were louder. I'm not dumping my cats so that wasn't an option so I traded for borla ataks. They are awesome. I love every note they make.

Before you decide what axlebacks you want make sure you know what you want your entire exhaust to look like first. Most people make the mistake of going with a loud axleback out of the gate and forget that on these coyotes removing resonators, or cats will drastically change the sound, rasp, and obviously volume of the muffler they chose.

GOOD LUCK 😬

IG @Oxford5pointoh
THIS. Think ahead. I went with loud right off the bat and was kicking myself when 6 months later I needed a new set of axleback to pair with my long tubes lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a pic

I'll get a pic up tomorrow I can't seem to get it to load from my phone
Old 07-11-2015, 12:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I couldn't picture you in older 90's mustangs those are tiny !

-1996 GT, 2015
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

New Mustang owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmatheny View Post
There aren't a lot of 5 oh's in my area mostly a bunch of 4.6s or v6 Stang's. I test drove a 5.0 with super 10s and they sounded good outside but I'm tired of dealing with drone.. I had cut outs on my challenger and it was ridiculously loud and a bad idea. I plan on eventually adding an off road x pipe. What would be a good axleback that'll sound pretty aggressive and be okay with an offroad x?

Borla atak or s type are aggressive but no drone at all. I hear roush is the same but I have not personally experienced that.

But if you want to add an off road x pipe I wouldn't recommend atak or roush. Unless loud as hell Is your thing.

People say GT500 Mufflers with off road mid pipes is a great combo.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Borla atak or s type are aggressive but no drone at all. I hear roush is the same but I have not personally experienced that.

But if you want to add an off road x pipe I wouldn't recommend atak or roush. Unless loud as hell Is your thing.

People say GT500 Mufflers with off road mid pipes is a great combo.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Roush does not sound good catless
Old 07-11-2015, 12:49 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

New Mustang owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Roush does not sound good catless

I know a guy upr off-road x and roush. It's LOUD. Sounds so mean at idle and low rpm but it sounds ridiculous at WOT. I can hear him leave my house from miles away. Lol

This is him

http://youtu.be/fp0yJF26B0M

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I know a guy upr off-road x and roush. It's LOUD. Sounds so mean at idle and low rpm but it sounds ridiculous at WOT. I can hear him leave my house from miles away. Lol

IG @Oxford5pointoh
My setup is loud but it isn't ricey loud like Roush and off road is in my opinion lol
Old 07-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'll probably go borla then if they are drone free but man those suckers are expensive ! The gt500s really don't seem loud enough to me just based on videos.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmatheny View Post
I'll probably go borla then if they are drone free but man those suckers are expensive ! The gt500s really don't seem loud enough to me just based on videos.

They are mild but off-road wakes them up.

Borlas are expensive but worth every penny as everyone will agree.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

If ford trusts them shouldn't we lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT