Track Pack Wheel - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Track Pack Wheel

I'm looking to buy a wheel (19"X9") for my 2014 GT. It has the silver/charcoal standard wheel. I would also consider any wheel that has the same measurements as the factory wheel, as it will only be used as a spare. I do a lot of late night highway driving in south west TX. There is nothing open at those hours, and I really don't have much faith in the factory air pump set up. It sure won't help if I get any sidewall damage either. Does anyone have something? Thanks!!
Ron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I have an extra brembo 19" wheel, tire, TPMS combo. I replaced one because I rashed it a little and it bugged me. I can sell you the wheel shipped to Texas for 175 (that's a steal for these wheels) with no tire. I think to ship it with the tire would cost too much. But if you want the entire wheel tire combo shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Ebay has a ton of them. You can find singles, like Oxford has, that have minor curb rash & people replace. Or sometimes perfect ones, etc.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just know the reason you have a pump and not a spare is the 19" TP wheel won't fit in the hole in the trunk. That hole was designed when Mustangs had 17X7.5" wheels and the TP wheel will stick up a little proud of the hole, bending your trunk floor up a touch. The factory 18" standard wheel will fit in there, will be cheaper and has the same overall height, approximately, as the 19" TP wheel. Good enough for a spare.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Just know the reason you have a pump and not a spare is the 19" TP wheel won't fit in the hole in the trunk. That hole was designed when Mustangs had 17X7.5" wheels and the TP wheel will stick up a little proud of the hole, bending your trunk floor up a touch. The factory 18" standard wheel will fit in there, will be cheaper and has the same overall height, approximately, as the 19" TP wheel. Good enough for a spare.

It will fit with the tire deflated to 12psi. I've done it

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Guess you'll still need the pump after all....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Guess you'll still need the pump after all....

Nah. You can roll it on that no prob to a gas station and air it up. If a guy really wants to have a spare it's not that big of a deal. I had this one in my trunk a while. Just took it out to put my amp in that area and put the pump back in.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #8

Quote:
The tire is already in there. It just needs the wheel to give it function. I never said I wasn't keeping the compressor, as I've already built a little bracket to secure it.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I have an extra brembo 19" wheel, tire, TPMS combo. I replaced one because I rashed it a little and it bugged me. I can sell you the wheel shipped to Texas for 175 (that's a steal for these wheels) with no tire. I think to ship it with the tire would cost too much. But if you want the entire wheel tire combo shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I will be contacting you in a day or two to try and make arrangements oxford5. Thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I said F' it, took the spare out and just raw dog it for the weight savings. lol

35 lbs for the crappy spare
60+- lbs for a fullsize oem wheel/tire

If I get a flat, I'll just phone a friend to bring my spare to me.
Or remove tire & get it fixed / replaced then return to car with good tire.

Though I may put a can of fix a flat in the car, as long as it says it won't mess up TPMS's. Figure -35lbs spare tire, + 1 lb can of fix-a-flat that should help get to gas station probably 90% of the time.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
I said F' it, took the spare out and just raw dog it for the weight savings. lol

35 lbs for the crappy spare
60+- lbs for a fullsize oem wheel/tire

If I get a flat, I'll just phone a friend to bring my spare to me.
Or remove tire & get it fixed / replaced then return to car with good tire.

Though I may put a can of fix a flat in the car, as long as it says it won't mess up TPMS's. Figure -35lbs spare tire, + 1 lb can of fix-a-flat that should help get to gas station probably 90% of the time.
If I get a flat........................I just use my AAA card.
I'd never leave my car beside the road...................anywhere!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
If I get a flat........................I just use my AAA card.
I'd never leave my car beside the road...................anywhere!
1st ya have to wait for the AAA truck to reach you.
Then you hope it's fixable by him/her.
I personally like that little extra security that a spare offers.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
1st ya have to wait for the AAA truck to reach you.
Then you hope it's fixable by him/her.
I personally like that little extra security that a spare offers.
I've only had to use them once or twice and when I call AAA I ask them to send a flat bed because I have a flat with no spare, and since we live in small community it usually takes about 10/15 minutes. Usually if I'm on a road trip there is at least one or two other Mustangers/hotrodders..................and I'd probably do the same thing and probably get some assistance from the guys.
Since I've got a TrakPak car I've the infamous repair kit...............I'd use it except it's really hard to get the gunk off the inside of the wheel once you take the tire off.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I've only had to use them once or twice and when I call AAA I ask them to send a flat bed because I have a flat with no spare, and since we live in small community it usually takes about 10/15 minutes. Usually if I'm on a road trip there is at least one or two other Mustangers/hotrodders..................and I'd probably do the same thing and probably get some assistance from the guys.
Since I've got a TrakPak car I've the infamous repair kit...............I'd use it except it's really hard to get the gunk off the inside of the wheel once you take the tire off.
I hear ya!
Especially when the Owners Manual says, "Note: After sealant use, the tire pressure monitoring system sensor and valve stem on the wheel must be replaced by an authorized Ford dealer."
I picked up one of those 18" temp alum. rim spares that fit over my GT size front brakes and fits in the wheel well.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I hear ya!
Especially when the Owners Manual says, "Note: After sealant use, the tire pressure monitoring system sensor and valve stem on the wheel must be replaced by an authorized Ford dealer."
I picked up one of those 18" temp alum. rim spares that fit over my GT size front brakes and fits in the wheel well.
I'm not sure I've ever ran a spare except with my 97 Cobra. Even when I switched from the OE 16"s to the R 17"s I still had the OE aluminum wheel spare which I used once.
I've had AAA for a lot of years.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

You could buy a drag wheel, that should be small enough to fit in the well area.
Quote:
- Weight: 17.16lbs
- Clears GT Brakes, Cobra 13” Front Brakes, (07-12) GT500 Brakes, 11-14 Brembo brakes.
- This wheel WILL NOT clear the 13-14 GT500 15" Brembo brakes.
So guess it won't clear the big 15" rotor / 6-piston calipers.

SVE Mustang Drag Wheel 17X4.5 Gloss Black (94-14)

Old 07-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
You could buy a drag wheel, that should be small enough to fit in the well area.

So guess it won't clear the big 15" rotor / 6-piston calipers.

SVE Mustang Drag Wheel 17X4.5 Gloss Black (94-14)

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........I don't see where it is SFI compliant.....
Old 12-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have my track pack set if you're interested!
jeffrey5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #19

I appreciate the offer, but I've already obtained a wheel. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron11 View Post
I appreciate the offer, but I've already obtained a wheel. Thanks!
No worries. Glad you were able to get a wheel!
jeffrey5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I bought a scissor jack, and a patch kit for mine. Most flats are punctures. I figure I can pull it off, plug it, and use the pump to fill it. I have used the pump already, and it works amazingly well. Filled the tire in just a few minutes. And, the jack can sit in the spare location without messing up the trunk floor. I cut a 2x6 in case I need to park the flat on it to get the jack under the car. I feel pretty safe with this combo - although it isn't quite the same as a spare. You could just put a standard spare in, and risk changing 2 tires if your flat was on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jd864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron11 View Post
The tire is already in there. It just needs the wheel to give it function. I never said I wasn't keeping the compressor, as I've already built a little bracket to secure it.
Can you post a picture of you bracket setup. Are you securing the Pump or the Wheel outside of the OEM setup?

I have a full sized spare to match my 275/35/20 Roush wheel/tire setup. It is too tall to fit in the hole. I have been looking for a solution to mount the tire so it does not become a missle in a accident. Love to keep the pump in place, but need to find a way to mount the tire without screwing up my trunk. Have thought about welding a new mount some place in the trunk, or using some kind of strap system to make it secure. Love to see what you have done.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Since I have the base with upgraded brakes, I know my space saver spare won't work for the front. I'm curious about this 'factory' air pump - is it better or worse compared to the usual portable small compressors? what are they charging for them?
I like the idea of a full size spare but don't really want to sacrifice the space or the weight gain....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT