Street Scene Gen 1 splitter: anyone use it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Street Scene Gen 1 splitter: anyone use it?

I seem to see a lot of people veer towards the Gen 2 splitter but I am more of a fan of a more traditional styled splitter.

I don't see many people or reviews on the Gen 1 splitter. Any reason why? Comments on it?

LMResto sells it
Part# Sse-95070713

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have one.

I Was originally going to go with the roush, but didn't want to cut up my stock splitter. I preferred this one because it just slides on the stock splitter, and he installation literally took 10-15 minutes. So far it's held up good. I used the double sided tape that was included, as well as the screws. On top of all that I used some clear liquid nails on the inside of the splitter where it joins the stock one. It cannot be seen. I just did that for additional piece of mind.

I did end up getting the roush side and rear splitters, which I think flow very well with the stillen front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437061184.892250.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	187207Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437061205.607106.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	187208

Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So you weren't required to use the buckles?

Also how has it held up? The website states it should be painted before install. Did you paint yours?

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No, I didn't like how those rods looked. It's held up fine. Had it on for 2 months now, may be a little longer.

This one doesn't need painting. The other stillen one needs to get painted.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik912 View Post
I have one.

I Was originally going to go with the roush, but didn't want to cut up my stock splitter. I preferred this one because it just slides on the stock splitter, and he installation literally took 10-15 minutes. So far it's held up good. I used the double sided tape that was included, as well as the screws. On top of all that I used some clear liquid nails on the inside of the splitter where it joins the stock one. It cannot be seen. I just did that for additional piece of mind.

I did end up getting the roush side and rear splitters, which I think flow very well with the stillen front.

Attachment 187207Attachment 187208
Have you noticed additional downforce at high speeds ?

Some cars feel "light" when you start getting over 130 mph.

I haven't actually noticed it as much with the mustang, but then again its kind of like a brick more than a wing. You let off the pedal and slow down a lot faster than some other more aerodynamic cars.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Have you noticed additional downforce at high speeds ?

Some cars feel "light" when you start getting over 130 mph.

I haven't actually noticed it as much with the mustang, but then again its kind of like a brick more than a wing. You let off the pedal and slow down a lot faster than some other more aerodynamic cars.

I honestly haven't had the car at those speeds. Only time I go fast with it is at the drag strip, and unfortunately my trap speed isn't that high yet lol.

My personal opinion, I know the marketing says it helps with downforce, but I don't think it'll be anything that you could notice. I might very well be wrong, but I just think that the piece is a bit too small for you to feel anything, and the car already is on the heavier side and feels solid. If the mustang was a smaller and lighter car, then you might see a noticeable affect from a front splitter. Just my opinion.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Although I've got the Boss 302 splitter I also installed the deflector section that goes behind the 302 splitter. Compared to the stock deflector which was made from a fiber type material, this one is heavy abs type plastic.
With my stock front spoiler/stock deflector at that speed the car felt light in the front end. Since I've put the Boss 302 with deflector I've had the chance to feel it at speed and can say it does feel more stable. The stock deflector was flimsy, did not follow the contour of the underneath of the car and was vented...........the Boss 302 deflector is not vented and also has mountings for the Laguna Seca splitter. Since I did install a strenghtened lower grill insert.................just not sure if I want to spend the money for the Laguna extended splitter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-05-27 11.15.40 (1024x515).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	187266   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-22 15.51.41.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	846.2 KB
ID:	187267  

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Although I've got the Boss 302 splitter I also installed the deflector section that goes behind the 302 splitter. Compared to the stock deflector which was made from a fiber type material, this one is heavy abs type plastic.
With my stock front spoiler/stock deflector at that speed the car felt light in the front end. Since I've put the Boss 302 with deflector I've had the chance to feel it at speed and can say it does feel more stable. The stock deflector was flimsy, did not follow the contour of the underneath of the car and was vented...........the Boss 302 deflector is not vented and also has mountings for the Laguna Seca splitter. Since I did install a strenghtened lower grill insert.................just not sure if I want to spend the money for the Laguna extended splitter.
Did you need the wind deflector (part # br3z17626a )?
My car already has what looks to be the same part, but I'm not 100% sure its the same.
When I changed the radiator support I had to remove it and it looks identical.

Just trying to figure out. Just in case I decided to go the Boss 302 splitter route.

I'll have most of that area taken apart next week doing some upgrades, maybe I'll order the Boss splitter too IF I already have the air dam for it. I'll have to see if I can find the part # on my existing air dam.

Maybe it comes on the convertibles or something, as I've already found out the hard way about a few other differences for the convertibles when ordering parts!

Like this part: http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-lca-brace-0512.html
Says will not fit convertibles... well duh, b/c we already have the same exact piece on our cars.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Did you need the wind deflector (part # br3z17626a )?
My car already has what looks to be the same part, but I'm not 100% sure its the same.
When I changed the radiator support I had to remove it and it looks identical.

Just trying to figure out. Just in case I decided to go the Boss 302 splitter route.

I'll have most of that area taken apart next week doing some upgrades, maybe I'll order the Boss splitter too IF I already have the air dam for it. I'll have to see if I can find the part # on my existing air dam.

Maybe it comes on the convertibles or something, as I've already found out the hard way about a few other differences for the convertibles when ordering parts!

Like this part: Ford Racing Mustang Front Lower Control Arm Brace M-5025-A (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping
Says will not fit convertibles... well duh, b/c we already have the same exact piece on our cars.
I bought the Boss 302/Laguna Seca Spoiler and deflector together. The deflector is only like $125. This deflector was totally different than my stock one..............my stock one was kind of a fiber material and the Boss/Laguna Seca deflector is harder plastic and fits totally different. It actually has some directional vanes the push air towards the front lower brakes...........maybe it will be a good compliment to your cooling ducts.
Since I will be racing the Silver States Classic come September I also bought a beefed up support bar and installed it at the same time.......just haven't cut the rectangle in the lower grill for the pull bar yet. Also the Laguna Seca front extension doesn't fit without taking apart the chin spoiler/deflector apart.............the other reason I bought this part is that running the Silver States Classic I will use the Laguna Seca spoiler extension as I've been told it really adds needed down force at speeds over 100mph.
Here is a picture of what I bought. Yes, it is drilled for the Laguna support rods that attach to this plate and the chin spoiler extension.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	$(KGrHqJHJCwE+(+!qSieBQRmlrUb3!~~60_57.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	187405  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT