Went to the track, crappy day. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #36
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Embarrasing times

Heat is a killer! I was out Saturday night for street night at Pittsburgh raceway park.
Turned a 12.72 and a 12.81, two runs in three hours. Using P245\45\18 DR's no wheel hop also have bmr LCA's. Had terrible wheel hop with p zero's
It never got below 82 degrees.
Track elevation is 1500 ' above sea level.
THere were othere stangs there running 13's and 14's. The only ones doing well were the couple of cobra's. both the 2015's there where high 13's low 14's, so I wasn't *****in.
Quaker city. 70 mile jaunt to turn the same numbers I've run at quaker city in oh
Gonna wait tilll it gets a little cooler before going back out and will go back to
There was a cobra jet there but he didn't run.
He claimed to run 9's with his best at 8.89.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Didn't see any other runs just because I was in line waiting and wait and waiting. At CA speedway the line is kind of behind the grand stands so you can only hear the cars. I didn't even glance at any of the Harleys because they annoy me. They rev there stupid bikes over and over and over, I was ready to ask them if there bikes were able to idle on there own and if so then why are you reving? Trying to have a conversation with someone standing 1 foot away and here comes the attention whore rev rev rev , revrev, rev rev.
I ran a 12.4 or 12.5 last time I went and it was sprinkling out
I live in Sturgis and I love the Harley culture, but this came to mind.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Grabber Blue with no space, Grabber Blue with a space, Now Grabber 12-? I have a head ache
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #39
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Crappy days at the Track

I've had a few myself!
I've gotten down into the 12.4's with limited mods. Been going mainly street night at QuakerCity. Not a lot of cars, may 100 to 150, mainly young people seeing what they have will do. I've been able to make a lot of passes, some times 10 - 15 in a night and thats start at 6 and leaving by 9.
Heat can play a role but not as much as you think!
I've not seen much change in time even with a 10 degree drop in temps.
And as Grabber12 pointed out auto's seem to like DR's better, though I see more and more modified's etc running them as well.
I plan on getting a mike Rousch tune this spring.
Also for those with Converters, I'm seeing that 3200-3400 stall speed is what appears to be optimal for this vehicle. My question is what is that like in traffic, specifically red light starts. I don't want to lose daily driver on this and feel like a converter is going to "wind up" a lot at red lights, and I go through Pittsburgh to and from work which means a lot of stop and go.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Me and some buddies from work go to Quaker every other week too on Wednesdays. Probably have seen you there, I also think I'm going to work with Mike on a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
I've had a few myself!
I've gotten down into the 12.4's with limited mods. Been going mainly street night at QuakerCity. Not a lot of cars, may 100 to 150, mainly young people seeing what they have will do. I've been able to make a lot of passes, some times 10 - 15 in a night and thats start at 6 and leaving by 9.
Heat can play a role but not as much as you think!
I've not seen much change in time even with a 10 degree drop in temps.
And as Grabber12 pointed out auto's seem to like DR's better, though I see more and more modified's etc running them as well.
I plan on getting a mike Rousch tune this spring.
Also for those with Converters, I'm seeing that 3200-3400 stall speed is what appears to be optimal for this vehicle. My question is what is that like in traffic, specifically red light starts. I don't want to lose daily driver on this and feel like a converter is going to "wind up" a lot at red lights, and I go through Pittsburgh to and from work which means a lot of stop and go.
special5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #41
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Quaker city

Yea, I have a candy red 2013 GT. I live in western PA.
I actually got mike to respond so I expect to do it probably may or so.
I need to get a tuner, has anybody found an app that will allow them to data log on an ipad or laptop?
Picture of vehicle attached
Old 02-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have used both DR's and Slicks(from my 2011) on my 14
GT and the only difference I saw was 1.3 mph slower with the slicks. This is at Gainesville Raceway , FL.. ET was the same and 60 ft was the same. These numbers are from about 12 runs at the 1/4 mile track. The only difference is, I can use the DR's on the street.
The DR's on a manual transmission will probanly get wheel hop which breaks parts

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT