Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oil Pressure sensor Leak

6K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  TheMachine 
#1 ·
Anybody getting this problem. I have a 2014 Gt. I'm the first owner. The tech noticed it after the oil change and changed it. Now seems like it's coming from the same place. Anybody get this problem?

#6 ·
UPDATES!!!

I'm here at the dealership. My buddy works here so I feel comfortable bringing it here. So the leak looks like it coming from the actual end of the sensor wiring harness. It's not coming from the thread. I was able to look under. They're going to add a dye and I'm going to bring it back in about 2 or 3 week.

So anybody have this issue?

#7 ·
Haven't got any drips lately. Dealer told me to bring the car back after 1000 miles. Trading it in for a 2015 did cross my mind. Maybe if I complain enough they can give me a good price on a new model. What yall think?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#8 ·
keeripes, it's a little drip of oil. Toughen up a bit; there are likely to be more significant problems down the road if you keep the car a while and that'd be the same on a 2015.

#9 ·
Hell naw, every car I've bought has never had any issues like this. My first American car I buy and I get this issue. Yeah I know it's just a drip. Last time it was just a drip, 9 months later I had a bigger issue. At the same time gotta deal with it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#10 ·
The entitlement in this thread is boggling. You expect them to hand you a giveaway price on a 2015 because you can't handle letting them change a sensor to solve your actual problem? They sound like they are trying to work with you, not tell you it's "normal" so, let them do that.

EVERY car has problems, sooner or later. That's just the reality of adult life. Let them do the work for free and drive on. Unless you're completely panicked by this minor issue and then maybe it is better you just cut and run for those other cars that don't have problems.

#11 ·
They're doing a really good job handling it. You can say I've been sorta spoiled because the cars I've bought in the past never had any issues until over 100,000 miles. There's no perfect piece of machinery. I shouldn't worry as much as I am specially because I have a buddy that's a tech. More surprised and didn't expect it I guess specially because I baby this car and run my previous cars a whole lot harder then this one.

#12 ·
It's not like it put a leg out of the bed and is sitting by the highway in a steaming cloud of coolant and oil smoke. It's a tiny drip from a sensor head.

These cars are pretty tough in the big picture. I put over 100 slick-shod passes on my MT82 car at the dragstrip and nothing let go except the factory sway bar end links getting a little clunky and Ford replaced those under warranty. I pulled the plugs after nearly three years of this and all the regular driving and the motor pushed exactly to spec on all 8 cylinders on a compression test.

Subtle and sophisticated they ain't, at least pre-2015. This is a budget sports car after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.