New here 2015 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #1

Region: Idaho
New here 2015 GT

Hello guys just introducing myself here. I'm a proud owner of a 2015 GT triple yellow Mustang with matte black racing stripes. Was just curious what everyone thinks would be good first mods to get? I already have a Roush axleback, and ford racing res delete x-pipe. I was thinking about getting the JLT CAI + Bama tune.

Roush Axleback, Ford Racing Resonator delete x-pipe
adam.martinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
How about an intake? I have a K&N CAI on my 2014 GT. Congrats BTW! If it is a manual and the 2015s haven't stiffened up the shifter I'd also recommend changing out the shifter and shifter bracket. I've got a Steeda on mine, I love it. I know lots of members say MGW Orange shifters are the way to go, but that commands a premium.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #3

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl1121 View Post
How about an intake? I have a K&N CAI on my 2014 GT. Congrats BTW! If it is a manual and the 2015s haven't stiffened up the shifter I'd also recommend changing out the shifter and shifter bracket. I've got a Steeda on mine, I love it. I know lots of members say MGW Orange shifters are the way to go, but that commands a premium.
I have the premium edition that comes with 3.55 gears. I traded in a 12' V6 Auto for it that had 4.10's K&N CAI and a tune and had an Eaton LSD, LCA, UCA, adj pnh bar and she was fast but it was time to step it up with the 15 GT MT. I am thinking about either the Barton or Ford Racing short throw because this car just feels really mushy. I am either getting either the JLT or Airaid CAI with tuner combo I think. Def a good start to get the exhaust intake and tune out of the way. And thanks for the welcome!

Roush Axleback, Ford Racing Resonator delete x-pipe
adam.martinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.martinson View Post
Hello guys just introducing myself here. I'm a proud owner of a 2015 GT triple yellow Mustang with matte black racing stripes. Was just curious what everyone thinks would be good first mods to get? I already have a Roush axleback, and ford racing res delete x-pipe. I was thinking about getting the JLT CAI + Bama tune.
A performance tune is freaking amazing and personally a must have. Just keep in mind, a tune could potentially cause Ford to void your power train warranty if an issue needed to be addressed.

I have a CAI and love it. I have an Airraid CAI and love its eye candy looks and sound it makes under WOT. Don't look for any performance power gains from it, but the sound it makes under WOT and its look is worth it to me.

If keeping your factory warranty in tact is a must, get a pro cal tuner from Ford Racing. Go to a Ford Dealership that has a Ford Racing mechanic and have them install the pro cal tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Personally I don't get why people love tunes. The Bama tunes from what I've heard are garbage and cause your MPG go to the crapper. Yeah I get with a V8 why care about your MPG? I'd say it's got a lot of power already and the MPG isn't really bad so why make it terrible. If you're really going to get a tune go to a shop where they can dyno your build and make a custom tune.

As for the mushy shifter, that explains it exactly. Some people prefer that so they go with it out of the factory, but to those that don't, upgrade the shifter plus the bracket and it will stiffen it right up.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl1121 View Post
Personally I don't get why people love tunes. The Bama tunes from what I've heard are garbage and cause your MPG go to the crapper. Yeah I get with a V8 why care about your MPG? I'd say it's got a lot of power already and the MPG isn't really bad so why make it terrible. If you're really going to get a tune go to a shop where they can dyno your build and make a custom tune.

As for the mushy shifter, that explains it exactly. Some people prefer that so they go with it out of the factory, but to those that don't, upgrade the shifter plus the bracket and it will stiffen it right up.
Why do people love performance tunes? That's easy to answer. Because they make ones performance of a vehicle far more advanced in power and more enjoyable to drive. A tune adds rwhp and rwtq. A tune increases throttle response. A tune changes shift points for automatics and the firmness of them. MPG's, who gives a crap about that. If one is worried about mpg's, go buy a Prius. I have a 300 rwhp mustang and not worried about mpg's. I still get 26 mpg on highway doing 70 mph

A performance tune is amazing and the factory tune sucks a$$ compared to an aftermarket tune. Bama is not garbage. Bama is the worlds largest and leading mustang tuners. They provide safe , reliable tunes for people looking to take their mustangs performance to the next level. I have Bama tunes and they have done me right.

From reading on the forums, there are performance 5.0 enthusists who feel other tuning companies such as Lund, VMP, AED are better options and provide a far more powerful tune than Bama. My guess, Bama is not looking to give the most powerful tune. Bama's business goals are a bit different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You should post in the appropriate section.
2015 Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.martinson View Post
Congrats on the purchase Adam!

I'm sure she looks absolutely gorgeous, let's see some pictures!

In regards to your mods, I think you hit it right on the money. The tune and intake will really wake your car up and I think you'll love it!

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT